Poll: Do you think the Shaman T10 was worth the wait ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Shamans - Worth the wait ?

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao
    I don't get the relationship there is between this set and the shaman role. Other tiers have been more or less successful when representing the spirits, the fire and nature and so on... shamans don't have a real control over the ice, excepting frost shock, so in my opinion, even the very name of the set is fail.

Thus, although all other sets from Icecrown seem to be creepy, scary, doomed, cursed... etc, this one really doesn't seem to match the class the way other sets do. And even more: it's ugly. It reminds me a Pokémon whose name I don't recall XD.

That's, of course, imho. (Sorry for my English, not my mother language)
    Shamans are masters of all elements, though you're right there aren't many in game frost spells, but that doesn't mean they lack them in lore :P.

I think the set represents shamans terrifically, the shoveltusk skull gives it that primal, voodooish, witch doctor feel. The ghostly stags give it a nice connection to the spirits, and it all very much fits the theme of the expansion. It looks ceremonial

Who needs life when you can have this?
    I'm so cuttin' class for dis mon'...
    /drool ;D

The only way this set is good is if those spirit souls fly out of the shoulder pads occasionally.

other then that this is the 2nd most ugly set that blizzard has given shaman.

Besides i dont remember Arthas making Bulwinkle a DK

and those hands arnt finished, atleast i hope not... they look like gloves you would get from leveling, not from a final teir raid of the expansion.
    I like the belt though, its nice.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Stormox
    I missed the part in this expansion where we fought Scourge Shoveltusks.
    lol

I myself am fairly pleased, the shoulders make me think of an abandoned ship or building in icy weather, kilt (nuff said), skull face with tusk + ANTLARS (win), and glowing blue dots... I like glowing blue dots. :P

Fairly intrigued about the ghostly animal coming out of the shoulders, If those stay or are even just an effect that happens every so often /drool will commence. Overall IMO, the appearance make me think "dead shaman." You possibly have an animal spirit, KILT, skull helmet with tusk and antlers, and dem glowing circles.

Fairly simple (simplicity is usually a good thing), but put together nicely IMO. Hopefully color variations don't take long to pop up. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Thanntos
    This ISN'T the final version. You can obviously tell the helm and kilt are not fully rendered.
    OBVIOUSLY!

And what's with the 'worth the wait' crap? Would something different had happened if those of you
    hadn't of 'waited'?

Sure am glad Blizzard was able to please a large amount of you, who knows what would have happened!

Quote Originally Posted by Proudgnome
    care. it's just an piece of armor, only hard core gamers will get it anyway....
    no?
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

personally I think this is my favourite set ever released, along with the warlock set that looks like Putress. Wish my Priest got something really cool

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    no?
    exactly i mean its like only the hardcore folks have t9..... /sarcasmoff
    But seriously i think blizzard came through big time for shammies. Its a badass set and my guess is that the sets are slightly more based off of enemies in icecrown or at least types of enemies in icecrown. Look at the mage set while it looks like the sanlayn outside icecrown it looks almost EXACTLY like the vamp queen in icecrown. There will probly be some frost witch mob in icecrown that looks very similar to this set.
    Mixelphlick 80 Gnome mage
    Beetstick 80 Gnome deathknight

If animal "spirits" popping out around shamans ain't shamanistic then i don't know what is :S Blizzard has been playing too much with wind fire and earth elements on our tiers :<
    Time for some water/frost loving !

Edit: for the actual topic: yes it was. BUT people seem to be hyped it too much because it was last one to be published and delayed (I assume) for the cool shoulder animation. IMO everyone is jealous of us having the animation this time (last one was lock T6 )

brb, got to change my underwear.

I <3 how the set looks!

this set is amazing. one of the best overall.

It's a nice looking set, I'll give it that, but my problem with it is that it looks way too much like it's made out of leather. It strikes me as something a druid would wear, rather than a shaman.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark
    Amen to that.

Only the side view shows it, but we all get tusks now!
    trolls get double tusks!

best set sine T6 imo.

Heckyeah!

Just looks a bit leathery, but still, heckyeah!
    Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.

LOL YOU GUYS GOT SO RIPPED OFF

15+ Year Old Account

I just had the biggest Joygasm I have had in years....
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Was that uninformative and anticlimactic enough? .

Deleted

YES! ;D

15+ Year Old Account

I can't wait to see it on a Tauren or Draenei I bet its gonna be even sweeter
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Was that uninformative and anticlimactic enough? .

I'm reserving judgement. Would have preferred wolves over shoveltusks, but there's definitely potential here.