Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Whats with the hate to elves?

Why is it that everyone is hating on elves on the WoW forums i cant make a new topic without getting no less then 3 people saying blood elf hunter i mean really or my ally night elf rogue ???

Anyways why do people hate on elves in the forums but dont care in the game i dont get it lulz

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Whats with the hate to elves?

It's the cool thing to do.

most people will join the loltrain and make fun of whatever they can on the forums regardless of the actual subject.

night elves are proportioned all wrong so for me they're awkward to play but blood elves are cool. They're like what humans should have been (without the ears).

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Male nelfs are awesome, but REALLY need better animations.
    Female nelfs could also be a little bit more feminine though...
    Male belfs are a bit TOO feminine perhaps :P
    Female belfs are pretty sweet.

Seeing as the belfs are newer, they look a bit cooler and newer as well.
    If they update the hair textures and animations for the nelfs, both elf-races kick ass.

IMO, I don't see the drama, but as Elementium said, every crowd needs a witch to burn. If there isn't one, they'll make one.

They've never seen a female Belf Pally in full T9 + ToC offset and Dual Bladed Butcher ;D

It's not Elves that people can't take seriously.

Its the poster having images of Maplestory that people can't take seriously.

I guess my dislike for night elves comes from my first toon being a horde character on a PvP server and constantly getting ganked by a 60 night elf rogue in Tarren Mill when I was in my 20s trying to quest. I stopped playing for a while after that. Now I play Alliance on a PvE server and my only night elf character is a Druid, and it's the only night elf character I will ever have just because I didn't have a choice.

I really laugh when people say Blood Elves look feminine.
    Did High Elves and Elves in Lord of the Rings look manly at all?
    Didn't think so.

Male blood elf homosexual jokes died months after BC release.
    Why it's still going on is because those are the people who don't want to grow up.

Belf Males are gay no matter when the jokes died
    Just believe... all cars have mind.

10+ Year Old Account

while blood elf males do tend to act rather gay. i think the i hate elf jokes and talk is people trying to follow a trend to think that they are cool.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

15+ Year Old Account

Being one that knows a little bit about gay people, male BE's are pretty gay acting. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with that or stopped me from making a few of them. The females are too fragile and get made fun of for being weak looking (watch their 2h attack animation if you want proof). Female NE's got tagged a joke when the little boys realized that if they took all their armor off they were in skimpy bra & panties AND their dance animation is basically stripper moves. They have forever been branded with that stigma & men who play them (which the majority of female NE's are played by anyway) get branded with picking them for those reasons. Male NE's just got tagged with the whole "gay" label from immature people because we all know that its soooooooooo funny to make gay jokes. I do have to agree that the males are proportionately ackward looking. Popeye arms are like teh sex and all lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit
    Why is it that everyone is hating on elves on the WoW forums i cant make a new topic without getting no less then 3 people saying blood elf hunter i mean really or my ally night elf rogue ???

Anyways why do people hate on elves in the forums but dont care in the game i dont get it lulz
    Well hordies hate the belves because so many young children roll them. Also Blood Elf is the worst race for hunter so it is attributed to being a noob if you roll a belf hunter.

For some reason everyone just hates the night elves. I think this goes back to WC3.
    Quote from: JonTargaryen on October 10, 2009, 09:16:46 pm
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Recompence
    Well hordies hate the belves because so many young children roll them. Also Blood Elf is the worst race for hunter so it is attributed to being a noob if you roll a belf hunter.
    Oh yeah forgot to hit on that. Yeah the BEs in general have a negative stigma behind them because Horde's average age dropped like 5-10 years when BC came out with all the rerolls. Pre-BC the amount of under 18's on the Horde side was much lower than Alliance (god I actually remember several times on my NE hunter having the raid called for the night because a good chunk of our healers were still in high school & got grounded or had a dance or had "parent agro" or something along those lines). Also as Recompence said, BE has got to be the worst race for a hunter since their racial doesn't do jack crap for pvp or pve.

why people hate elves?

well ill try and give you my horde centric perspective.

night elves especially males infuriate many horde members for there lame ninja animations infamous "xxillidenxx" "lagolazs" names, anime hair and giant kitten/he-man mounts.
    they where essentially the most anti-horde race in terms of ideals (although i feel they have since been replaced by humans, in ideals and lameness).

at the start of wow races where mostly chosen for aesthetic or lore reasons. night elf where also during this time the most vocal about choices by ascetics. it was a common question if you rolled a lowbie on the alliance side or vice versa "why do you play the ugly faction?" this also offends many horde players who enjoy playing a badass looking character instead of an "attractive" one. most horde (traditionally) dont consider the attractiveness of a character of any value. and furthermore consider someone who DOES care about there characters attractiveness rather lame (this is often conveyed with the classic terms like "that nelf is gay" (note this is not how i myself would articulate this case)) so in this way we can see that nelf are the polar opposite of the young hordes ideals. this is not to claim that one side is more correct it is merely stating said differences and why they arise.

a prime example of these differences is the night elf flip, considered endlessly cool by the nelf this flip was viewed as nothing but ballerinaesc weakness by horde.

and next the case of blood elves.
    many horde did not want elves in the first place, but lorewise they are fit for the horde and enhance our story.

however. instead of a fugitive people overcoming the loss of there immortality and suffering under the grips of arcane mana addiction we got an barbie and more androgynous ken pair of emo looking dragonball-z hair styled, napoleon dynamite dancing skinny little elves with absolutely no character what so ever.

the race is a marry sue in every way. its impossible to make a mean looking belf they all look like male models with the unfortunate side effect of almost always having half the personality of one. and for the first time during my time on the horde i was asked how i could ever bare to play a "ugly" race.

when a troll rogue, a member of the horde since day one, is asked by a belf dk who does NOT have an undead skin option had a goatee and a giant ass black anime pony-tail why he picked an "ugly" race something terrible has happened.
    the horde has changed.

i dont "hate" elves and i dont prejudge them. if it just so happens that they want to look like they love listening to linkenpark then that is fine by me.
    however elves have a history of player base that acts in a certain way. and this elf racism is merely a fallout from that.

the important thing for all elfs to note is that you look like a metro sexual to us, and thats fine we LOVE that you can do that. but always diligently remember that other races do NOT share your ascetic value.

Quote Originally Posted by Recompence

For some reason everyone just hates the night elves. I think this goes back to WC3.
    How are they any worse than tauren?

No, really, how? Don't... don't even try to pull the "extra HP" excuse, either.

Well, you get back to me when you think up an answer. In the meantime, check "Farstriders" on WoWWiki. Not everyone plays to minmax, especially alts or RPers.

Ah well.

My first char was a belf male mage...and i must say...male belfs are gay...

Dont get the hate for nelfs tho...But usualy in every game elves are made to look more femine than the other races...as they are more...majestic is the word...

Because a vast majority of Warcraft players are at a mental age of 12, regardless of what their physical age is. Combine this with the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory and you can explain almost anything about the way players act.

That's why you get - "Elves are gay", "Alliance is gay", "Horde is gay", "My Faction Leader can beat up your Faction Leader", "Worgen are gay", "Goblins are gay", Pallys are gay", Death Knights are gay", "noob", "scrub", "L2P" and everything else.

You have to learn to not let it bother you.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

While i agree with you that alot of this comes from the internet fuckwad theory we can decipher some things about these playable races a priori.

just like it is impossible for there to be a married bachelor, it is just not possible to have a worgen that is not a furrie.

im just bringing this up to avoid future confusion.

someones comment is not necessarily unfounded just because you dont like it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    Because a vast majority of Warcraft players are at a mental age of 12, regardless of what their physical age is. Combine this with the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory and you can explain almost anything about the way players act.

That's why you get - "Elves are gay", "Alliance is gay", "Horde is gay", "My Faction Leader can beat up your Faction Leader", "Worgen are gay", "Goblins are gay", Pallys are gay", Death Knights are gay", "noob", "scrub", "L2P" and everything else.

You have to learn to not let it bother you.
    quoted for truth!

10+ Year Old Account

On the RP realm that I play on, I'd say a good 8.5/10 blood elves that RP will be one of three things:

1) Terrible at typing (not quite as bad as the other two, but seeing 'l8r' in an RP context can get pretty annoying).

2) Terrible at lore (Oh yes, I am a masturbating demon spewing black blood out of my severed head who just resurrected for the 13th time who also happens to be a vampire, and my dad is Thrall. 'sup?).

3) Both 1 and 2 (haY GUIS CHECK OUT mY sUPER SPIKEE tAIL of TEH dOOMZORZ OOPS CAPS LOL).

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    It's the cool thing to do.

most people will join the loltrain and make fun of whatever they can on the forums regardless of the actual subject.

night elves are proportioned all wrong so for me they're awkward to play but blood elves are cool. They're like what humans should have been (without the ears).

I don't like Blood Elves because they look like fairies, but only the male models. Female Models are proportioned right for a female elf
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara