15+ Year Old Account

Paladin macros for a G15

So I recently patched up my G15 original version keyboard and have been wanting to use it's extra 18 keys for a while now. The problem is, I don't know what to bind to them :P

For my 2s and 3s team, I have HoP, HoF, and HoSac bound to be cast on party member 1 or 2.
    In addition to these 6 macros, I have focus macros for both Repent and Turn Evil.

Anything else that I may be missing for PvP, or any ideas for their use for PvE?

Re: Paladin macros for a G15

Not a clue but nice thread since I've been wanting to do that as well for my G15 XD

15+ Year Old Account

For reference, here is what it looks like:

You've got to be shittin' me. I'm still using a 1995 keyboard, i gotta get with the times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

they look too far to be practical tbh

With the original G15 come many possibilities. (and the keyboard is confirmed by Blizz not to be taken into accout as a hack)

For example: you can bind the whole DPS cycle according to priorities on 1 key and just keep spamming that one like a lazy man.
    You can go further and make dps cycle keys according to mob health (use different rotation under 20% HP)

There are a lot of possibilities... just need to thing about them

i got the red button G15. What i do is i set 1-6 as ret, 7-12 as holy and 13-18 as prot.

I've got trinkets and avenging wrath set to one button. This allows me to start the fight doing some top damage, and usually my main trinket and avenging wrath are off CD come time for bloodlust(i usually us HoS to reduce the threat i generate from coming off the bat going all out)

My second button i have it set for arcane torrent and divine plea(don't know if you might wanna try a mana pot in place of arcane torrent) this allows me to basically go all out with my trinket and AV popped and not worry about mana(i use at 50% mana.) with judgement and stuff i don't got oom even using all my stuff consecrate holy wrath etc.

My third button is Hand of sacrifice and divine shield for help the tank take big damage,(i dunno if i can add lay on hands in there *would try right now but matienence*) this way i know we can take a big hit and i give my healers a break.

My fourth button is a cast flash or holy light on the MT by simply holding shift simple yet effective

My fifth button allows me to keep my self going, self heal sacred shield etc

My sixth button is basically: sit, jump, sit, jump, sit, jump... guess why

everything else is set to 1-7 for all my attacks: judgement, CS, DS, Exorcism, HoW, Consecrate and then holy wrath. I have my other judgements on the ends of my bar incase i wanna quick switch them out for JoL for JoW or JoJ.

Nah my sixth button is for survival in some fights. cleanse, cleanse, cleanse(in case more then one spell, this is cast order not cast random.) hand of freedom, divine shield. Since it only takes a half second for me to hit the button 5 times it's nice.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    So I recently patched up my G15 original version keyboard and have been wanting to use it's extra 18 keys for a while now. The problem is, I don't know what to bind to them :P

For my 2s and 3s team, I have HoP, HoF, and HoSac bound to be cast on party member 1 or 2.
    In addition to these 6 macros, I have focus macros for both Repent and Turn Evil.

Anything else that I may be missing for PvP, or any ideas for their use for PvE?
    I think your forgothing Cleanse, and maybe Sacred Shield.

15+ Year Old Account

maybe FoL/ss your partner
    Glyphed hand of salvation too

BUT
    just dont use the macro program that come with the keyboard, its classified has botting by blizzard :<

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    maybe FoL/ss your partner
    Glyphed hand of salvation too

BUT
    just dont use the macro program that come with the keyboard, its classified has botting by blizzard :<
    doesn't blizzard have their own macro based keyboard >.>...?
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki.gdm
    I think your forgothing Cleanse, and maybe Sacred Shield.
    I have Cleanse macroed to a rollover on the 3 key, and SS as a rollover on both a 4 and alt-5 key.

I also found that healbot is a big help, yes yes i know why is ret using healbot. But if set up right it can remove the need to find a macro. But it does help for getting off things like cleanse and sacred shield and FoL when you wanna find someone else who's not put into your macros.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad
    I also found that healbot is a big help, yes yes i know why is ret using healbot. But if set up right it can remove the need to find a macro. But it does help for getting off things like cleanse and sacred shield and FoL when you wanna find someone else who's not put into your macros.
    Thats why my Macros are target based i.e. /targetparty /cast Spell of Awesome /targetlastenemy

I use Grid for all the rollover macros, both when Holy and as Ret in PvE.

15+ Year Old Account

Here is what I have for Hand of Freedom:

Code:
    /targetparty
    /cast Hand of Freedom
    /targetlastenemy
    Code:
    /targetparty 1
    /cast Hand of Freedom
    /targetlastenemy
    The difference being the cycling in party members, with the first being the first party member (after myself) and the second being the last party member.

Sometimes i find it simpler to just make it

/target (player name)
    /cast w/e
    /target w/e(enemy another ally etc)

at least with this way you have the insurance of knowing it will work, of course it only really works in arena, when you know you can watch to see when they get hurt and have the same general team each time.

Ronark don't rollover macros suck when you have a large group and your using grid? I have never used either thats just my perception of them.

15+ Year Old Account

Sometimes i find it simpler to just make it

/target (player name)
    /cast w/e
    /target w/e(enemy another ally etc)

at least with this way you have the insurance of knowing it will work, of course it only really works in arena, when you know you can watch to see when they get hurt and have the same general team each time.

Ronark don't rollover macros suck when you have a large group and your using grid? I have never used either thats just my perception of them.
    On the contrary, with Grid it is fine. I didn't want macros bound to specific targets, because then it would take me 10 minutes to redo them all if our team had a sub, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    On the contrary, with Grid it is fine. I didn't want macros bound to specific targets, because then it would take me 10 minutes to redo them all if our team had a sub, etc.
    unfortunatly the downside :'( but i still go with it for insurance reasons theres where healbot comes in when i feel really lazy... not days where i normally win stuff :P

doesn't blizzard have their own macro based keyboard >.>...?
    The macros that u can set on the keyboard include timer functions, which are classified as botting by blizzard.
    (E) .· ` ' / ·. (F)
    Ur Tears Fuel Me.
    QQ More Please

I have some of my G13's keys (the G15's cousin) programmed to use Blizzard's in-game chat box commands. For example, I have this in-game command:

/use 0 9

assigned to one of my G keys so that anything I put in that bag's slot will be used (typically food like the mana strudel). This way I won't have to create an in-game macro and/or assign it to my action bars (thereby cleaning up my action bars).

Another use includes summoning my Charger or summoning my flying mount, again without having to assign it to my action bar in-game:

/cast Charger

or

/use Silver Covenant Hippogryph

I also have the simple /focus and /clearfocus commands bound to separate G keys. Logitech's key profiling software has a few default commands (like rolling for loot) as well.

As far as being a Paladin goes, I've got in-game mouseover macros that I use in conjunction with Grid that I've assigned to the G13. For example, I've got a mouseover Cleanse macro assigned to the in-game's default action bar slot 0 and then simply assign action bar slot 0 to one of my G keys.

I believe it's OK to use the functions of a macro keyboard like the G15 as long as it doesn't automate things for you. For example, you could program the G15 to move you every 5 minutes in a BG, which is a huge no-no. Blizzard generally wants a "one push, one action" type of thing going on.

A lot of people argue that something like the G15 could be used to cast one spell after another with the push of just one button which is true BUT this is incredibly unreliable due to latency. I wouldn't even suggest it even if Blizzard allowed it.

I'm pretty sure you knew this already but you can use the G15's LCD readout in conjuction with Vent (enabled through Vent's options). You can quickly tell who's talking in Vent as well as who enters or leaves Vent or switches channels.

15+ Year Old Account

I have an addon called Bartender too, so I don't have to worry so much about not having enough bar space. :P