Poll: Mal'Ganis in Ice Crown Citadel?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

*Maybe Spoiler* Mal'Ganis - Forgotten or a well kept secret?

Hey everyone again!
    After looking up everything about ICC, i cant spot myself from reading it even with a "spoiler" tag on it - and it came to mind that Mal'Ganis is strangely not mentioned at all.

For those who did the Quest line in Icecrown, leading up to the defeat of Barean Westwind - who turns out to be the nathrezim lord in disguise. His last words are:

"You'll never defeat the Lich King without my forces! I'll have my revenge on him, and you!"

So, what do you think?
    Will he make a surprise appearance or will Blizzard leave him out of ICC?

Re: *Maybe Spoiler* Mal'Ganis - Forgotten or a well kept secret?

I think he could be an interesting algalon type boss if anything but more than likely I don't think we're going to see him in ICC.

15+ Year Old Account

I think he's dead, and where everyone got this crazy idea that he was going to be a boss in Icecrown is befuddling.

Arthas killed him after drawing Frostmourne. That's why they put him in CoT: Strat. That's the ONLY time we will ever fight him.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

dont see his role in icc, no demons or sht (and arthas fight were in that 1 closed little spirit something chaining whateverness room)
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    I think he's dead, and where everyone got this crazy idea that he was going to be a boss in Icecrown is befuddling.

Arthas killed him after drawing Frostmourne. That's why they put him in CoT: Strat. That's the ONLY time we will ever fight him.

ehh theres this q... http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=12852
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

I believe he'll make an appearance in one form or another in ICC. I was hoping to kill him for good in there, but I don't think they'll set him up as an actual encounter since he was so easily beaten in Stratholme and the scarlet area in Icecrown. I guess we'll just have to see

he's not dead he appears in icecrown controlling what's left of the scarlet crusade/onlsaught

15+ Year Old Account

Read the OP before you post.

Considering how often (and easily) we smack him around, I don't think I want his help killing anyone.

You mortals pose no threat to me, and even though I can crush you all like the ants you are without the slightest bit of effort on my part, and you've just destroyed all of my plans, I'm going to go hide hang out where you can't follow me. Having some adventurers screw up all of my plans is boring!

Live in fear for the day when I come back and have all of my sinister machinations destroyed yet again!
    What was I supposed to do, call him for cheating better than me in front of the others?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=29621#comments =Mal'Ganis in human form, there is a quest to kill him, where he transforms into "himself" at 40% or so....

no, i don't think he'll be back tbh..

15+ Year Old Account

Tell me why we fought him in the scarlet island in icecrown then? He was disquised as some high ranked scarlet dude which i cannot remember the name of right now.

And beside, dreadlords never gets killed as far as i know.
    (Unless u enter their world and kill them there. they will only get banished back if u "kill" them anywhere else. (This i only read from another poster, dont know if its 100% true))

he can't die on ,,our planet''

10+ Year Old Account

I think there are too many loose ends that Blizzard will either omit or wrap up via lame one-liners after you down a boss. I'm not expecting them to wrap up all of these, but in my opinion the following storylines would need to find closure in this expansion if ever at all: Alexandros Mograine, Bolvar, Saurfang the Younger, Mal'Ganis, Jaina/Arthas, Sylvanas/Arthas, The Scarlet Crusade/Onslaught, and Yogg-Saron (We've heard about models of tentacles in ICC. What's up with that?)
    Look! Words!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Mal will return the next time Blizzard needs to explain a bit of lore or a character's seemingly random motivation/existance/resurrection.

Just like in Warhammer novels, when all else fails someone turns out to be possessed/manipulated/in league with a daemon and it explains everything.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Why isn't there a neither/stopmakingthesethreads option?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by rat
    Why isn't there a neither/stopmakingthesethreads option?
    If you have a problem with my / others threads then why do you post in them?
    Your posting in them actually makes it live longer...

Quote Originally Posted by Diseous
    Yea ???

My point is that this is at least the tenth thread bringing up this exact same topic in the last, like, month.

Really wasn't kidding about the 'neither' option, though. I don't think Blizzard would forget him, though it's possible, but I really can't fathom what you mean by "well kept secret." Not very well kept if he outright says he'll be back. Or are you saying he'll be a "secret" or "extra" boss like, say, Algalon? I personally doubt that.

If you're searching these "spoilers" for sound clips or something along those lines and think he hasn't been added yet to be kept a secret, well... lots of things haven't been added yet.

It's also pretty likely, though, that his... ah, exit quote, is just a typical evil villain "I'll get you next time Gadget"-esq line.

To OP:

Why put Spoiler in your tag when you have no new information to put forward?

ATTN: Spoiler - Arthas is going to be in Icecrown ! !! !

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash
    Mal will return the next time Blizzard needs to explain a bit of lore or a character's seemingly random motivation/existance/resurrection.

Just like in Warhammer novels, when all else fails someone turns out to be possessed/manipulated/in league with a daemon and it explains everything.
    Hey dont mess with the awesomeness of Gotrek and Felix novels :P btw in WoW every good guy gone bad, has always gone 'insane' honestly that is the worst excuse ever XD. Malygos wakes up no longer insane, then sees the havoc of the mortal races and goes insane yet again... thank god we killed that dude total nutjob