Some weapon help.

Hello.

i started to play disc priest in arena some weeks ago, and now we are on 1800 rating and will have enough points for weapon tomorrow, so ive tryed to find some topics with some info about what to take, but i couldnt find any.

my combo is with a rogue..

first i was thinking on Relentless Gladiator's Battle Staff the one with crit.

but then i got told that, i need to go for the spell pen cap that is 130, wich means that i have to go 1h and OH.

is that cap really that important or can i just stay with wand and cloak enchant ?

Thx

Re: Some weapon help.

If you go up against a Paladin, or another Priest, you're going to have to deal with Shadow Resistance Aura. That's 130 resistance ontop of your DoTs, Mind Blast/Death combo, and even more gamebreaking: Your Psychic Scream.

Fear is useless in a lot of situations (see: 90%+) but even used as interrupting a heal, or chaining into an MC to lock someone down, having that Fear go off as a Resist can and often does make the difference in a match.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    If you go up against a Paladin, or another Priest, you're going to have to deal with Shadow Resistance Aura. That's 130 resistance ontop of your DoTs, Mind Blast/Death combo, and even more gamebreaking: Your Psychic Scream.

Fear is useless in a lot of situations (see: 90%+) but even used as interrupting a heal, or chaining into an MC to lock someone down, having that Fear go off as a Resist can and often does make the difference in a match.
    Thx for the answer, could anyone explain why everyone is useing the mace instead of the crit dagger ?

Becasue maces are more preistly.

Other than that, I don't know as I'm not an expert on this kind of thing.

I personally prefer the haste dagger for (haste trinket)+(power infusion) pew pew.If you help dpsing the target down (which I think priests do with rogue partners) haste is nice (very dif to crit in pvp with such low crit rating so I pass on crit dagger)