Thread: Pugchecker.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Pugchecker.com

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetNoata
    Yes im supposed to know exactly how each class is supposed to gem/enchant. And im supposed to be able to tell if they are competent by just looking at their gear cause they didnt just pug it and get lucky rolls or have a guild carry them through.

Yes i am bad because of the many failed pugs ive been in. Oh your geared enough SO WTF CANT YOU MOVE OUT OF THE FIRE?! So yes i will ask for achieve yes i will ask for gearscore yes i will check what other raids you have done. if im bad for it so be it. but im tired of the oh your decently geared lets try you days.
    You don't have to know how each class and spec should be gemming, but if you think a hunter gemming mp5 or a priest gemming stamina is right then you probably shouldn't even be raiding.

As for your second point, no, achievements can't tell you whether they just die in the fire and get carried or are topping charts while crowd controlling with a pitbull gnawing at their leg. Achievements at the very least means they've seen the content. What they do with this vision is up to them.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

Deleted

these discussions is why i am planning on writing a new addon.

it would basically inspect the player, then check the gear on the item and use that to calculate several important stats ( % hit, %crit, AP/SP, %haste for DPS, MP5, SP, %crit and %haste for healers, and defense skill, armor and avoidance stats for tanks). these would then be displayed on the tooltip, depending on what spec the player is.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    And god forbid I have no experience ons omething my gear level on the current toon, but I've run it 50 times on another, right?
    Not carrying your undergeared, clicker toons through instances. Kthx.

10+ Year Old Account

you need a website to tell you whether or not to take someone? Fail

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

i like it!

this way i can tell people to look how many times i've tanked heroics after they say "you atnk with 25k hp?!"
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gevlad
    the joy of "new expansion elitists".

You know... the people so bad they cant just /inspect you and know if you're reasonable. Well itemized says more than anything; even if not top level geared.
    People like that fall in the "too stupid to understand" basket, and can go ask other people to link achievements or request gearscores.

This. I personally don't like those that pug only by gearscore/achievements (granted its better then the ones that just randomly pull people) because everyone should be familiar with players whom have been pulled or lucked out. If I'm gonna have to pug something I prefer to look the person up personally as I can tell a priest whom is saying they have 2750 sp only to find out they gemmed sp as holy probably doesn't know to much on their class. Pugging is risky you're pulling in people you don't have any affiliation with but that doesn't mean that pugs are always going to be incompetent. Hell I know the top guild on my server will pug shit now and then and I get into those runs cause I find their raids humorous.

The only point i see is your numbers about what percentage of guilds that have downed ToC. and i kno casual guilds that have downed on very bad progression servers.
    You said "every guild at this point has pretty much downed 25 toc.". I showed numbers proving you wrong.

to your second point. I never said everyone was like him i just said if you wont let me check your characters for any sort of competence why should i let you in the raid. i also forgot to mention that the guy who i ignored didnt have the reg toc achievement and was trying to get into heroic.
    You said "Ok ive had someone like you before.". You're suggesting the guy who posted is like the guy you had try to get into your run. Try to clarify what you're saying and I won't make that kind of assumption.

And who is blaming anyone of anything. WTF are you talking about? please try and make your statements more clear cause what you quoted and what you are trying t say make no sense.
    The way your post was worded it seemed to me that you were specifically looking for the poster you quoted to give a link to his armory with the information you wanted. My apologies if I misinterpreted.
    I may look busy, but I'm just confused.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

And god forbid I have no experience ons omething my gear level on the current toon, but I've run it 50 times on another, right?
    This pretty much sums up achieve/gear/pugchecker/whatever checking.

With that said, this is another tool in the toolbox of the PUG raid leader trying to determine whether or not someone has potential.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

The thing is people never believe me when I ask them to check my Main on armory and wont let my alt DK in anything cause I dont have the achievement.
    And when I've been accepted I've been told they're glad they invited me as I outDPS poeple at 4k GS with having 3,2k GS myself.

This gearscore / achievement shit is really ridicilous at times.

Because the 5 80s in my sig mean I TOTALLY Don't have more than 1, right?

I was told last week my shaman wasn't geared enough to do heroic oculus. Yes, heroic oculus. They said I wasnt skilled enough because I had never run it before.

Seriously.
    You know what the sad part is? Each one of your five 80s is really, really horrible =(

guys try this next time...

when a guy in LFG/Trade asks for achievement... look him up on armory then ask HIM for his achievement... i've caught a couple of them without it

but then again, if you want to get into a raid badly, you will find a way
    It's just a game.

I was told last week my shaman wasn't geared enough to do heroic oculus. Yes, heroic oculus. They said I wasnt skilled enough because I had never run it before.

Seriously.
    I wouldn't let someone with an avatar like yours into any of my runs either.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Not carrying your undergeared, clicker toons through instances. Kthx.
    *sigh*

healers click.. get over it

Quote Originally Posted by blahism
    *sigh*

healers click.. get over it
    He has 5 toons at 80. All of them are in terrible gear, have bad enchants and even worse gems. Only two of them manage to have dual spec, some are missing professions or aren't maxed (or even close). Out of 4 dps and 1 healer toon, none are hit capped (the disc priest does have about as much hit as his other toons though >.>). Across 5 characters, there is one piece of gear with an item level above 226 (tier 9.25 gloves, seeing as the only raid achievement he has is VoA, guess where it came from?).

The evidence:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...arrosh&n=Myzou
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...arrosh&n=Umbra
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...osh&n=Valkyria
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rosh&n=Kendrix
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...arrosh&n=Qinda

In short, Myzou is the best reason why we shouldn't rely on gearscore, pugchecker, or achievement linking. Primarily because by looking at his armory across 5 different characters, I can see he is possibly the worst player I've ever had the unfortunate chance of inspecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihatepallys
    was alot faster than checking on armory. But still why not just have them post achievement ingame?
    Because there is a way to link fake achivements.. So when you link them it says something like ''Earned by xxx, the xx/xx/xx''

Quote Originally Posted by Gevlad
    You know... the people so bad they cant just /inspect you and know if you're reasonable. Well itemized says more than anything; even if not top level geared.
    People like that fall in the "too stupid to understand" basket, and can go ask other people to link achievements or request gearscores.
    Yes im supposed to know exactly how each class is supposed to gem/enchant. And im supposed to be able to tell if they are competent by just looking at their gear cause they didnt just pug it and get lucky rolls or have a guild carry them through.
    Yes you actually should, if you are leading a raid. "This guy doesn't have xyz spellpower but that another guy has, lets take him. It's not a problem that anotherguy has geared for pure spellpower instead of int like the first one and cant keep his mana as a healer but runs oom instead" You need to know how tanks gear, you don't take tank with attack power enchants or such. You don't take dps with mp5 gems. Etc. You need to have that basic concept of classes to actually form a raid, of you care about it.

Things like gearscore or achievements or epic, as you said, doesn't tell if person can move away from the fire. Things like knowing his own class might indicate that he is as well aware about other things..
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Seriously.
    Oculus is hard you know , their gonna nerf it!

How does any tool help if i have server firsts but still can't get a group on my new 80 alt??

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    He has 5 toons at 80. All of them are in terrible gear, have bad enchants and even worse gems. Only two of them manage to have dual spec, some are missing professions or aren't maxed (or even close). Out of 4 dps and 1 healer toon, none are hit capped (the disc priest does have about as much hit as his other toons though >.>). Across 5 characters, there is one piece of gear with an item level above 226 (tier 9.25 gloves, seeing as the only raid achievement he has is VoA, guess where it came from?).

The evidence:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...arrosh&n=Myzou
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...arrosh&n=Umbra
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...osh&n=Valkyria
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rosh&n=Kendrix
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...arrosh&n=Qinda

In short, Myzou is the best reason why we shouldn't rely on gearscore, pugchecker, or achievement linking. Primarily because by looking at his armory across 5 different characters, I can see he is possibly the worst player I've ever had the unfortunate chance of inspecting.
    This is what I'm talking about. If someone can take the time to look up five characters without getting anything out of it(save for lol's), for example a raid member, then why can't a raid leader take the time to do the same. I'll admit, I use pugchecker.com to get the jist of a pugs gear but lucky for me there is a direct link to their armory right there on pugchecker so I can see if they are gemmed/enchanted right and they are specced decently.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

15+ Year Old Account

It says I havnt finished ToC 25 o.O