Best money-making professions

So i'm starting to level up new character,and i wonder which professions are best for making money,mining-herb,herb-skinning,skinning-herb?

Just tell me what do you think.

Re: Best money-making professions

mining, jc, alchemy is a good money making set-up my main has the mining,jc and my alt has the alchemy my alch makes the epic jewel sends it to my jc who turns the cardinal ruby into a runed cardinal ruby(or whatever flavor) then ah easiest 200 gold ig its a 24 cooldown but takes bout 2 minutes to make 200gold....

many other ways to make money from that setup obviously like flasks, titanium spellshock rings etc etc or just mine for an hour i get about 1-1.5 stacks of titanium ore and 7-8 stacks of saronite thats another 200gold for the saronite and whatever your market supports for the titanium.
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

thanks,but is it better to go with crafting professions(like BS,Alchemy,JC....)or to gathering(mining,skinning,herbing...) ?

The only good gathering profession $$ wise would be mining because you can sell the raw ore (titanium) for a good profit. The other two are not as good for selling the raw materials. If however you match your professions well, you can use herbing for example to make it very cheap for you to sell glyph scrolls or flasks. The point of being a miner (with lets say JC as your 2nd) would be so you can mine your own ore then prospect it into other stuff to use/sell. Or as mentioned above, having a JC and alchemist, you can use your alchemist CD to make a scarlet ruby then JC that ruby into whatever you want to sell that one ruby. The thing about that is you have 24hr cooldown for 200g(ish). If you want to make more than that a day, you should do something like tailoring, inscription, mining(sell all the ore) or even JC (buy raw gems from AH, cut em, sell em).

For me, I have the Mechano-Hog and the Travelor's mammoth mounts, of which cost me about 30,000gold. This seemed like a lot but one of the MAIN ways I made this money was from buying and selling from AH. Buy raw gems, cut em and sell em... buy mats for things, get the crafted yourself or from others and resell them. I find that is the fastest and easiest way to make a lot of gold. I enjoy it more than dailys because less moving around and fighting. Just stand by the AH. Granted, to do this, you need to have a bank roll already to buy stuff and resell.

For instance: (these numbers are based on my servers economy about 1mo ago at a worst case scenario)
    The Brilliant Spellthread Leg Enchant - Spellpower and Spirit
    Mats are:
    4 Iceweb Spider Silk - ~10-20g a piece
    4 Eternal Earth - ~4-7g a piece
    1 Frozen Orb - ~50-100g a piece

So if I were to buy all the mats from the AH it'll cost anywhere from 106g and 208g. I have never seen the Spellthread sell for less than 220g a piece. So right there, you are making anywhere from 114g to 12g a piece. So point being, you'll make a profit straight from buying mats, crafting and reselling. I find this strategy for a lot of things the best way to go.
    (Note, profits are maxed if you can farm the mats yourself)

Hope this helps!

Thanks,that helped very much !

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by dyce09
    The Brilliant Spellthread Leg Enchant - Spellpower and Spirit
    Mats are:
    4 Iceweb Spider Silk - ~10-20g a piece
    4 Eternal Earth - ~4-7g a piece
    1 Frozen Orb - ~50-100g a piece
    Correction