What is the lock hit cap? Hearing conflicting reports.

Just want to clarify, what is the lock hit cap these days? I'm at 414 right now and have some better gear in my inventory levelwise, but can't use it because I take too much of a hit on hit. Anyhow, is 414 overkill or not enough?

Re: What is the lock hit cap? Hearing conflicting reports.

You're kidding, right? ???

http://www.wowwiki.com/Spell_hit

Spell hit cap is 17% (which is roughly 446 hit rating) minus all hit talents and hit buffs. See the link above.

Www.wow-heroes.com has a nice hit rating calculator for alle classes where you can specify what buffs/talent you've got and it then shows you the amount of hit rating that you should aim for.

But to be specific:

No points in Supression AND no boomkin/spriest: 446
    3 points in Supression OR a boomkin/spriest: 368
    3 points in Supression AND a boomkin/spriest: 288 (pretty sure it's 388 but I could be remembering wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    trust me druin=PWN is ptw durid not durin but np its no sorry 8) .but is good ask if you can no know so yeah good to you but ask if you no know 8) but trust me i have playin long so DRUID IS BEST=3 form beat all i mean explmame=stealh cat like rogue(pwn9 8) then BOOM big bear big heelth so its moar armor than cat and then just tree?=no tree god like cenarius but give you more heelth=pwn then you go owl and stars do magic to you 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Aciied
    Www.wow-heroes.com has a nice hit rating calculator for alle classes where you can specify what buffs/talent you've got and it then shows you the amount of hit rating that you should aim for.

But to be specific:

3 points in Supression AND a boomkin/spriest: 288 (pretty sure it's 388 but I could be remembering wrong)
    is 288 nope 388 depending which class raid u go with

Simple to figure out really. It's 26.23 hit rating per 1%. For every 1% of hit rating you have from talents, Boomkin/Shadow Priest and Spacegoat, deduct 26.23 hit rating from the max of 445.91 (446)

But to be specific:

It would be 289 with 3/3 Suppression and a Boomkin/Spriest. 263 if you're Alliance and have a spacegoat.

Always round up to be on the safe side since the hit rating>% ratio isn't even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

But to be specific:

Cant be higher with Supression AND a boomkin/spriest, than without 3 or a boomkin/spriest.

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus
    Always round up to be on the safe side since the hit rating>% ratio isn't even.
    Should be noted that the final point is actually of variable quality. 1 point = .038% hit. So when you look at say 367 vs 368 hit what you're looking at is 13.991% vs 14.029%. Instead of getting .038% you're really only getting .009%. That last point is actually worth less than a third of a normal point. As such it's often not worth aiming for the last point. So while what you said is technically correct and you will miss at 367, if you're at 367 it's typically not worth adjusting your gear to reach the actual cap as you're only going to gain .01% hit.

I'm running with 10% as alliance, suits me quite good =P

Ofc I have 3 points in suppression!

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Should be noted that the final point is actually of variable quality. 1 point = .038% hit. So when you look at say 367 vs 368 hit what you're looking at is 13.991% vs 14.029%. Instead of getting .038% you're really only getting .009%. That last point is actually worth less than a third of a normal point. As such it's often not worth aiming for the last point. So while what you said is technically correct and you will miss at 367, if you're at 367 it's typically not worth adjusting your gear to reach the actual cap as you're only going to gain .01% hit.
    Trying to get 14.029% is ridiculous, really. WotLK gear is full of hit, so getting a full 17% from gear isn't hard. I'd (personally) recommend being just over the 14%, but anywhere between 14-15% is good.

That last "0.1%" hit could cause issues. If you're on a nuke fest, and you've got spells that miss, you're talking (assuming destruction, for example) thousands of damage lost.
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

Stat weights are based on getting the full value from 1 hit rating. The last point gives less than a third of that. That means if you're at 367 every other stat is superior point per point. Even crit (sigh) and spirit (less sigh). Int is actually almost as important as the very last point.

Let's see average boss fight is what 5 minutes now? Let's say you do 8 bosses in a night, that's 40 minutes of DPS time. Even if you're GCD capped spamming an ability every GCD that's only 2,400 casts? Remember it's not .1% hit, it's .01% hit. That's roughly 1 in 10,000. You've got about a 1 in 4 chance of missing a single spell during that entire raid. In the real world you're going to cast less than half that many spells. You're looking at missing a single spell every 8 raid nights? At best you're looking at doing 20k less damage every couple weeks. Very convincing argument I must say. :

HIT CAP FOR ALL SPELLS = 17% that includes dks spells and most taunts
    hit cap for melee is 8% dont know what the hit cap for white dmg is though
    how do people not know this by now lol a post like this comes up everyweek and im prettty sure its in a sticky

Yes, the spell hit cap is 17%. That does not cover the cap with the 3% debuff, or Suppression of 14%. Of those and a Draenei at 13%. Just a Draenei at 16%. All of the above at 11%... It also doesn't say anything about how much rating each of those values requires, which is why the OP was getting conflicting numbers.

15+ Year Old Account

The only numbers you need to remember are 17 and 26.23

(17 - hit talents - 1 if draenei in your group - 3 if Boomkin/SPriest in raid) x 26.23

Round up.
    (Melee have different conversion numbers)

R.I.P. YARG

Taken from Warlock's Den:

Hai guise! I herd the lock hit cap was 17% and also that the information contained herein couldn't be found in 20 other threads in practically every caster forum and in multiple websites.

Also, OP never specified what 'conflicting reports' he was hearing. I gather he was trying to phrase his request in a manner other than 'hi- I can't be arsed to do a tiny bit of research'.

Oh well, I guess we have nothing better to do other than read Blue posts about warlock threat that completely miss the point.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicieus
    Taken from Warlock's Den:

Cute, it still mentions Cataclysm as a Hit-provider *kiss*