Best in Slot Pieces?

I was wondering if there happens to be a site for BiS pieces for disc or holy priests. I know shadowpriest.com which provides optimal BiS pieces for shadow of course. I would use Rawr, but it's kind of confusing and would rather not do any math etc.

Note: I know it's preference on most things like burst or regen purposes, but I'd like to get to know what people look for. (stuck on a few questions about geming as holy, spells in certain situations, etc.)

Re: Best in Slot Pieces?

Well, I'd suggest using rawr and adjusting the sliders until you feel it is giving you the BiS you want. I'm not sure what math you're talking about...
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Just figuring out which would provide me with the best results in the long run. Example - I'm stuck on deciding if I should get the ilvl 245 healing tier helm or the ilvl 245 healing helm off of ony. I have look at which each offers, but I don't know which would yield better results along with if I should skip out on it and just use the 2 set bonus (for holy). So many question and I probably sound confusing as crap.

The reason you don't see BiS "lists" for Holy and Discipline, usually, is because there is no real effective way to gauge that. Your regen and output needs vary depending not only on which fight you're on, but also your groupcomp in terms of skill, gear, synergy, and even the ability to work side-by-side and trust eachother.

These don't have "numbers" associated with them that can help balance a stat sheet. What you need as a Holy Priest is different from what I need as a Holy Priest, and so as such, there is no "best".
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

So then what would the stat values be as what to socket? I've read that int is the way to go for yellow (along with the belt buckle), sp/int for red, and sp/spirit for blue. Though I still believe it to be a matter of what you want and feel is needed correct?

Quote Originally Posted by LolomgBBtheQ
    So then what would the stat values be as what to socket? I've read that int is the way to go for yellow (along with the belt buckle), sp/int for red, and sp/spirit for blue. Though I still believe it to be a matter of what you want and feel is needed correct?
    Stat values? Really? From a healer's perspective they don't exist. Is your regen stable on EVERY fight? If no, get more Intellect. If yes, Intellect is useless, get more Spell Power. That's pretty much all there is to gearing Discipline, other than hovering around 12-15% haste.

If you're Holy, you have to balance Intellect with Crit/Haste, and Spell Power as well. I personally find balancing Int/Spirit as Holy beneficial, but really, it's up to you on this regard. Stat "weights" change depending on what you need. Do you need more crit? How about more haste? More Regen? more Thoroughput? The answers to these are what's going to dictate your "stat weights" and "BiS items" far more than any automated WoWhead tool or someone else's idea of a "Best in Slot".
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I wish there was some discussion on everything. Going by the holy priests on my server I see most not taking renew whatsoever. Thus I got stuck on the whole what to gem for and what pieces to get (since the 4p set wouldn't be useful). Currently in mostly shadow gear with 2 tier ilvl 232 healing pieces I'm not having mana problems. Though most of the content I've done so far playing it was just 10/25 VoA and 10/25 Ony before I had to go back shadow for GC.

Sorry for randomly going out on limbs. /is tired

Healing isn't dps. It's really hard to figure out which is best for you. Hell, you might not even heal the same as someone else which would throw off values even more.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Ther's no such thing as BiS items for healing Priests.

And that is because you could:

1) Stack mp5 (useless, still)
    2) Stack spirit (old, and useless)
    3) Stack int
    4) Stack haste
    5) Stack crit
    6) Mix of haste&crit

Depending on the way you want to heal you'll gear up differently.

From adding up pieces with haste from 10/25 toc along with ony ilvl 245 "dps" helm I would have about 800+ haste without geming. I haven't looked into what my crit would be though I think I'd lose a decent chunk to where I wouldn't be in holy concentration enough or getting free FHs etc. Deciding if I should balance it or just use mainly haste pieces.

/haven't healed 10/25 toc yet so I don't know what would be more favored in certain situations or HMs

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart

1) Stack mp5 (useless, still)
    2) Stack spirit (old, and useless)
    3) Stack int
    4) Stack haste
    5) Stack crit
    6) Mix of haste&crit
    7) Stack Spellpower

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

As said before, the choice of gear and sockets depends purely on you're personal situation and style. Using a well-tuned Rawr can help you deciding if a specific item is an upgrade for you or not. But be careful, Rawr can only tell you so much, you will have to figure out some things on your own.

As a rule of thumb, for discipline and holy:
    - Stack int if you need more regen (as holy, try to have around 1100-1200 spi fully raidbuffed to max regen gain from int)
    - Stack SP if you have enough regen
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Disc:
    - Stack Int if you need regen.
    - Stack SP if you don't.

Holy:
    - Stack Int if you need regen.
    - Stack SP if you don't and have 14% or more haste.
    - Stack Haste otherwise.

Pretty much the rule of thumb. You can mostly take off the Int stacking from Disc though, if you're at a point that you're worried about BiS gear then you won't have regen problems anyway. Holy still can.

http://penancepriest.blogspot.com/20...-up-in-32.html

BiS choices list. While yes there is no hard set math to decide bis without question, its not like there's many pieces to choose from for each slot.