Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: No skill in BG's ftw?

(I don't know if I already posted a wall-o-text since this site was having issues earlier if so, forgive me.)

The thing is, you don't really need any skill to participate in a battleground. That point is proven when you have people chasing down trees in vehicles in Strand of the Ancients (that is what happened ot me yesterday. I asked for another driver. ><)

When I say you don't need any skill I say it because you rarely end up in 1 v 1 battles. At least I don't for the most part. It's usually a mob of people that will end up destroying you regardless of your gear and/or skill. Sure skill/gear does help to an extent. But all the gear/skill in the world isn't going to make up for the (potentially) 9-39 other people that have no idea what they're doing or how to play.

And while it takes virtually no skill to play you'd think there would be a minimum level of common sense when playing regardless of race, class, faction, skill, gear, etc. right? Getting camped at your GY is the first thing that comes to mind. Sure there are times you get insta-death gripped and you can't do anything about it but when there are a bunch of enemies in front of you you'd think to go around... right?

Personally the lack of skill doesn't bother me as much as the lack of common sense. Another example I'd like to use is in Arathi Basin yesterday I call out "4 inc LM. Need help!" and sure enough, I get overrun and die. I then spawn at the Stables to find 5 people standing there with no Horde anywhere near the Stables.

Alliance of Emberstorm battlegroup: You fail miserably. Please, learn to play. <3

Horde on my server are totally like this.....sometimes i see 5-6 in each bunker in AV and 3-4 on Offence ><. Makes me /cry
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune
    Exactly the OPPOSITE in Cyclone. Every BG alliance has like 30% of their team or more healers.
    I suppose CycloneUS, because CycloneEU... IF you have a healer he's a) undergeared or b) a complete idiot or c) undefended and killed every single time he resses.

But well, when you play with ppl that attacks a sapped target what do you expect? Yeah happened to me today, me and a cat versus 2 random hordies at MT in EotS: i sap one, start with cheapshot on the other one and the cat starts on my sap. I nerdraged for a good minute, not only for that tho (it was my 8th consecutive loss in EotS, 7 of them without even reaching 1000pt).

So yes, skill in BGs is quite rare, i consider myself "decent" at PvP and i'm happy when i meet someone that knows what to do. Things like getting a useful HoP make me smile for an entire afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by gamerguy19876
    Horde on my server are totally like this.....sometimes i see 5-6 in each bunker in AV and 3-4 on Offence ><. Makes me /cry
    Ahah CycloneEU, alliance tactic for AV. 30ppl in front of Drek waiting for the towers to cap themselves.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    lol, people like you make me laugh. The reason the high rated arena players "suck" in BGs is because they dont care, not because they just cant figure out the "art form" of grinding BGs. If you can figure out how to win 2400+ arena matches or get 2200 in all brackets im pretty sure you can hold your own in a slop-fest BG.

Coordinating 4 CCs on 2 different sets of DR against 2 targets while throwing heals and maintaining top dps is hard, sitting at a flag alone in AB while your up 3-2 is not so hard.

lol, people like you make me laugh.
    Your "insight" into the minds of players is the classic excuse for those without understanding of proper combat tactics. Go play a real E-sport not a LOL-sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    lol, people like you make me laugh. The reason the high rated arena players "suck" in BGs is because they dont care, not because they just cant figure out the "art form" of grinding BGs. If you can figure out how to win 2400+ arena matches or get 2200 in all brackets im pretty sure you can hold your own in a slop-fest BG.

Coordinating 4 CCs on 2 different sets of DR against 2 targets while throwing heals and maintaining top dps is hard, sitting at a flag alone in AB while your up 3-2 is not so hard.
    I bet you're playing RMP, FYI insane CC isn't skillz
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Problem with BGS these days is that they attract that kind of people and promote no competition what so ever...

Look, you got about 1000000000 botters who just spin around in place till the game ends. Honor buys epic gems, and those sell...

You got just about every dumbass who got his welfare gear and thinks he became a pro when he equipped them and wants to try out his new skill.

Got the arena elitist, you know, those guys who get 2k rating and go on about how the real pvp is in the arena and how great arenas are, basically the guys who are looking for fans to have their asses kissed. Those are the worse. Because that kind of player only knows one thing - kill to win. Sadly BGS aren't all about that.

Been doing BGS for a long time, and they are my favorite form of PVP, and I play arenas also at a high rating... not that high any more after the SS change. But I've been around to have a taste of each, and I know for a fact that BGs simply have nothing to offer at the end of the line. So with the lack of a price to fight for, the competition fades and the skill-less jokes you play with are the only kind of players at home there because they run into each other. Hope that made sense.