So I just had my first horrible experience with the LFG tool.

Halls of Reflection. 5 waves pass, we kill first boss, all is good. Second 5 waves, second boss, he kills us because of lol.
    We start again, the second 5 waves restart. On the second wave our tank disconnects. After a few minutes we just vote kick and... we're screwed... We can't get a replacement tank because the LFG doesn't apparently support that. We can't queue for the instance because we're saved... I can see this as a source of great many frustrations.
    You may now kiss the ring.

Re: So I just had my first horrible experience with the LFG tool.

Hmmmm...
    Hopefully they will fix it.

PTR = test. report it as bug.

Quote Originally Posted by t_P
    Halls of Reflection. 5 waves pass, we kill first boss, all is good. Second 5 waves, second boss, he kills us because of lol.
    We start again, the second 5 waves restart. On the second wave our tank disconnects. After a few minutes we just vote kick and... we're screwed... We can't get a replacement tank because the LFG doesn't apparently support that. We can't queue for the instance because we're saved... I can see this as a source of great many frustrations.
    PTR is the live server release?

I hope they do consider that a bug, otherwise your only option is to disband, wait 15 minutes(it resets in 15 minutes right?) then queue again.

HoR in its own is a hard 5 man I hear so expect some rough times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

Quote Originally Posted by Diatribe
    PTR is the live server release?
    As someone above me said, this isn't a functionality bug. It's an inherent flaw in the system. No one will want to join your saved party, unless you're doing it for the daily heroic, in which case you might get people that are only interested in the last boss.

As someone above me said, this isn't a functionality bug. It's an inherent flaw in the system. No one will want to join your saved party, unless you're doing it for the daily heroic, in which case you might get people that are only interested in the last boss.
    Daily heroic doesn't exist anymore. But yeah, it's definitely a problem, and there is really nothing Blizz can do about it.

You'd just have to wait 15 minute and try again.

10+ Year Old Account

A similar thing happened when I was trying it out the other day while trying to get a group with a blue... Our dungeon was Nexus and the tank just left before we even started and when we went back into the LFG it wasn't picking up a tank... we waited for about 10 min and one of the dps left then the shadow priest decided to tank one of those first big trash in the halls and we actually downed it suprisingly easily... anyways after that the healer left and yeah... It seems like either theres were it won't pick up a new tank after the original has left or maybe there just wasn't enough on doing the random heroic thing (which I find hard to believe with the pug with blues thing going on)...

If you remove a player from your group mid-run you should be able to use the system to replace them. You also shouldn't be getting saved if you got to the instance via the LFG tool, which doesn't save you and completely overlooks any previous saves.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke
    If you remove a player from your group mid-run you should be able to use the system to replace them. You also shouldn't be getting saved if you got to the instance via the LFG tool, which doesn't save you and completely overlooks any previous saves.
    It does save you when you aren't looking for a random dungeon, but rather a specific one, like we did with HoR. And I couldn't find an option to add a new players to the dungeon... I suppose that also only works with the random dungeon component.