Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: SW:P & Haste

Quote Originally Posted by Macco
    Just proves that he is good at aoe'ing the adds in P3
    More liek the kings of multi-dotting.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Just to reinforce the point im trying to make... the major problem (not to say the only problem) is with players and not purely spriest mechanics. Just to illustrate I had someone on my server ask for some help with their DPS and when I got a target dummy parse they were casting MB every 10sec, dots 80% and MF ticks every 2.2 sec...
    This can be interpreted in a way that our rotation is complex for many player, so is one feral druids have. However they get credit for that, we don't.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael
    This can be interpreted in a way that our rotation is complex for many player, so is one feral druids have. However they get credit for that, we don't.
    The feral rotation actually makes spriest DPS look easy... however i've seen in a blue that Blizzard are happy to 'reward' the complexity of feral DPS and are hesitant to nerf it because of the repercussions it would have with the sub optimal players. I don't see that methodology applied to spriest DPS which is my only real gripe.

Deleted

The feral rotation actually makes spriest DPS look easy... however i've seen in a blue that Blizzard are happy to 'reward' the complexity of feral DPS and are hesitant to nerf it because of the repercussions it would have with the sub optimal players. I don't see that methodology applied to spriest DPS which is my only real gripe.
    Maybe in single target rotation things are still simple enough, but as shadow you must also be able to switch targets and keeping dots rolling on 2-3 targets, while managing everything else. That's when the rotation gets hardcore.

Those druid facerollers can just cleave. :

It's only impressive if you're a priest.
    Yes, I know. My guild's mages are doing 8-9k and they both are happily awaiting the nerfs that probably won't ever actually come.

Feral dps is harder than shadow dps. I do both, and like Worshaka says, it saddens me that skill is rewarded as feral, but not appropriately rewarded as shadow.

Now that my cat has a 245 polearm, a few 245 pieces, 2t8/2t9, and random other epics between level 219 and 232, she can do DPS that my full 245+ spriest can only do while multidotting like a pro. It's very sad.

I'm in silvermoon deliberately to avoid people debuffing the dummy, I'm sure you'll just say there were debuffs up, I failed to get a screenshot of that on the assumption people would just trust my integrity, so you can make you own mind up.

As you can see from the length of the encounter and the amount of spell hits/ticks... I'm definitely on live. In this parse I was able to achieve an average MB cast every 7.17 seconds, and MF ticks every 1.54 seconds which is actuall a little poorer than I can do. DOT uptimes are 98.59% for VT, 97.18% for SW:P and 95.77% for DP. The reason DP is so low is because it conflicts with MB semi regularly and I prioritse MB for that conflict. I have experimented with prioritising DP but I don't like it, it changes the relationship between MB CD and VT refreshes (thats true if you have 2pc T9). Also from my theroycrafting and analysis on tools such as rawr, changing the priority of those 2 results in a negligble impact on DPS.
    I see no reason why anyone would argue that dps.. i can pull a bit similar dps on my priest..

Im not the best geared priest in the world but i do ok

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...27thol&n=Kootz

I have zero problems on live hitting 4500 dps on the heroic target dummy with self buffs. at that level we are highly reliant on crit chains to go higher.. sometimes i will just sit at 4500 for the entire time. or sometimes i will spike up to around 4800 for a few seconds.. depending entirely on lucky crit rng..

I would say that getting 4.7k is quite difficult... i'd consistently hit 4.5-4.6k, but I require a bit of RNG luck to pull off 4.7K. I'm also talking about parses that exceen 200 seconds in length, im sure I could hit close to 5K in a very short parse with some RNG luck but all the parses I do are until I go oom because i'm after the true DPS figure, not one elevated by RNG.

Humorously enough, I've reached a point where I can DPS a dummy all day long and never run oom, because it takes a full three minutes to use the mana I get back from fiend+dispersion. Recently I spent something like twenty minutes on one long dummy fight and ended up just shy of 4.6k.

Usually when I do DPS testing I just go for five minutes, using VE duration to indicate when to stop. But it was funny to see that I can't oom myself on a single target even without raid buffs.

Considering how much dummy testing i've done and the fact that about 220-230 seconds is about the longest length I can run without going oom... I find this claim quite intriguing.

It's true that I don't run with Focused Mind or Inner Fire, but I possess all other regen talents and I use my fiend at such a time to run very close to full mana in order to try to reach the next fiend CD.

I would indicate that you are either not a max possible DPS burn, ie you aren't casting the highest possible number of spells and thus conserving mana, or you have an insane amount of regen stats which means you aren't itemised properly for DPS.

That's not to say that in a raid environment we go oom, I find it particularly hard to go oom in a raid but I highly doubt with the max possible DPS rotation combined with well itemised gear that you could infinitely DPS a dummy.

Are you dispersing while fiend is up? That might be the difference. I run myself almost totally oom and then fiend, blast, and dispersion, hopping around while my fiend keeps me in combat, and once fiend goes down I'm back at full. Thereafter, it takes three full minutes to go oom again, and I can just keep the cycle going indefinitely.

Only recently did I become able to do this, having reached some kind of max mana threshold.

Check my armory, and I think you'll find my itemization choices are fine. A bit more haste than the 300-350 I would normally run, but I'm 3.3izing myself right now and don't mind running slightly awkward stats remembering that in 3.3 they will be ideal.

I don't know exactly how you people do it. When I DPS a dummy with only self buffs, I can reach 4.1 DPS, and no higher.

I Mind Blast every time it's up, it's talented, I don't clip my mind flays, and I always refresh my dots at the right time, never letting them fall off.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow

I don't clip my mind flays
    Maybe you should..

I can't comment on feral rotation since my druid is still only in his 50's, and this is probably the elitist in me coming out but...
    I don't find shadowpriest dps rotation challenging, at all.

I mean sure, it's more complicated than my mage's rotations, yes, but it's still perfectly easy to pull off.

In TBC I had one more dot to watch (As a night elf I had Starshards which was my equivalent of Devouring Plague, and Mind Flay now refreshes SWP so I don't have to watch that) and I had to throw in SWD's on every cooldown (referring to a single-target stand-and-nuke fight of course, like Brutallus). The rotation has already been simplified since those times. Affliction warlock rotation got made a lot easier after Naxx and suffered a dps decrease because of it (If I remember correctly).

Seems pick-and-choosy with Blizzard, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Berner
    Maybe you should..
    Only for mind blasts. That's why dot uptime is usually around 95%, instead of 99%.

Simple math, waiting for the last tick of a mind flay delivers more damage in a shorter amount of time then stopping your mind flay to recast VT to early.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by bertugolu
    Enlighten us
    Find Swipe in your spellbook, use it, and look at the big numbers. Glad to help!

Find Swipe in your spellbook, use it, and look at the big numbers. Glad to help!

Someone is bitter

Deleted

Only for mind blasts. That's why dot uptime is usually around 95%, instead of 99%.

Simple math, waiting for the last tick of a mind flay delivers more damage in a shorter amount of time then stopping your mind flay to recast VT to early.
    MF has the lowest dmg per cast time of any spell, that's why it's the filler. You are better off casting anything else.

If you clip MF 1 second earlier to refresh VT you also get back to channeling a new MF 1s earlier, winning you back that MF tick you clipped earlier.

If you dont clip the MF, your VT gets delayed by 1s, but the total number of MF ticks is the same.

MF has the lowest dmg per cast time of any spell, that's why it's the filler. You are better off casting anything else.

If you clip MF 1 second earlier to refresh VT you also get back to channeling a new MF 1s earlier, winning you back that MF tick you clipped earlier.

If you dont clip the MF, your VT gets delayed by 1s, but the total number of MF ticks is the same.

read harder

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by bertugolu
    You sir have no idea.

read harder
    I love it went ppl come back at me with words that say nothing. Do you expect me to read your thoughts?

Is it not true that ferals can Swipe multiple targets, while shadow priest has to switch through targets and manage half dozen dots on multiple targets?
    Is it not true that feral dps is amazing compared to spriest with similar gear/skill? So why come to a spriest thread when you have nothing to say?
    Spit it out already.

And for Direshadow:

You asked for advice so I gave it and explained it as simply as I could. So why are you biting my hand off?
    I was already going to ask if I need to draw a picture for you to understand it, but I didn't, because I thought it would have been unnecessarily mean. Damn, I should have drawn that picture...