Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Quel'delar for tanks, ele shamans and boomkins?

Quel'delar questline is supposed to give a weapon for every class. surely most classes get an appropriate weapon (although gief haste on the healer mace instead of crit), cept for four (I consider different specs as different classes here):

Prot pallies
    Prot warriors
    Ele shamans
    Boomkins

I was wondering if these weren't yet datamined? or simply forgotten about?
    Sharkughash, resto shaman (main): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Sharkughash

Aradhel, Ret Pally (alt): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Sharkughash

Re: Quel'delar for tanks, ele shamans and boomkins?

No every spec gets something every time. Suck it up. Boomkins, Ele Shaman, and Tanks got screwed, however, Blizzard can't please every spec. They can please every class, though, which is what they did with Quel'Delar.

No every spec gets something every time. Suck it up. Boomkins, Ele Shaman, and Tanks got screwed, however, Blizzard can't please every spec. They can please every class, though, which is what they did with Quel'Delar.
    Opps, why is that so?

Is it hard to add a 5th item as a reward for a quest line? Or? Or should we just say Blizzard does not care?

Quote Originally Posted by Nezapadooke
    No every spec gets something every time. Suck it up.
    You realize Blizzard said that "Quel'Delar can be traded for something more useful for you"? Therefore there should be a weapon for every spec and class. Especially now as I specced my paladin in prot :P

If they just switch the mp5 on the healing mace to haste both healers and dps can use it, for a tankingweapon they just can do a 1handed quelserrar.
    Sharkughash, resto shaman (main): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Sharkughash

Aradhel, Ret Pally (alt): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Sharkughash

Quote Originally Posted by Zagga
    for a tankingweapon they just can do a 1handed quelserrar.
    Maybe but first make it available through quest and bump its item level to 251 which is same as Q'D has. And make it have better stats. IDK if the proc alone with some odd stamina is _really_ enough for item level of 232/245 or even 251.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezapadooke
    and Tanks got screwed

Not If you're a Druid tank you didn't.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/50052/lightborn-spire/ Will be a very nice Feral tanking weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus

Not If you're a Druid tank you didn't.
    Icecrown Radiance cough cough
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

Deleted

You forgot shadow priests ;D gief daggers please!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight
    While the caster mace is poorly itemised for certain specs, it is still probably going to be more useful than a better itemised 232.
    My back of the envelope calculations suggest that if you drop the MP5 altogether, you get the equivalent of a ilvl 245 weapon (ToC25/ToC10H). A not-perfectly optimized one (we'd get slightly more bang for the ilvl buck if it had haste or hit on it), but it'll certainly beat anything from a 5-man or even ToC10. As an elemental shaman, I'm certainly going to use it unless something from ToC25 falls into my lap in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight
    Tanks on the other hand have got absolutely nothing, which makes me suspect there will be something extra added in later, at least for tanks.
    Very possible. Nothing on the PTR should be taken as final, and GC said they'd had some bugs relating to their itemization tools. Or the artwork may not be done for the tank version.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR
    Icecrown Radiance cough cough
    You shouldn't post if you don't know what you're talking about. Druid tanks will be the least affected by Icecrown Radiance. There's some great theorycrafting and a really good blog post as to why that is. This instance-wide debuff will hit all other tank classes much harder than it will druids.

Soo, thanks for a useless post

Cheers,
    Venara
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

10+ Year Old Account

These may just be the quest rewards you get for exchanging Quel'delar, which could lead us to believe the Quel'delar you temper in the Sunwell is by default a tank weapon.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

Mhm...I'd say ToC10, Ulduar10, Ulduar25 without difficult hardmodes

Im i dont dont care if it wasnt a tanking sword im a tank i was kinda shock when i look at but i will help out for the other specs like my ret spec so not all hope is lost.

i'm satisfied for their description

they gave quel'delars to all the classes that really depend heavily on weapons for their dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account

Quel'delar questline is supposed to give a weapon for every class. surely most classes get an appropriate weapon (although gief haste on the healer mace instead of crit), cept for four (I consider different specs as different classes here):

Prot pallies
    Prot warriors
    Ele shamans
    Boomkins

I was wondering if these weren't yet datamined? or simply forgotten about?
    You forgot shadow priests and they are replacing the mp5 on the caster mace with haste to make it usable by those three caster dps specs, however thy don't plan on making a tank one... read the main page news please...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire
    You forgot shadow priests and they are replacing the mp5 on the caster mace with haste to make it usable by those three caster dps specs, however thy don't plan on making a tank one... read the main page news please...
    This. Also, tanks shouldn't really worry :P

If you want your welfare tank sword, get Quel'Serrar. Or the DPS Quel'Danar. If you're not crit-immune without a +def weapon by the time you do HoR, you shouldn't be there in the first place. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    You shouldn't post if you don't know what you're talking about. Druid tanks will be the least affected by Icecrown Radiance. There's some great theorycrafting and a really good blog post as to why that is. This instance-wide debuff will hit all other tank classes much harder than it will druids.
    You are welcome

Having myself a Druid tank and a Dk tank, i think -20% dodge wont hurt my Dk that much because i still have more mitigation ( read: no avoidance) tools available than my druid. While such theorycrafting you mention can be valid, i dont think any top end raiding guilds will pick a Druid mting the place... yet to be seen

Add that Druids have 0% magic damage reduction tools, gg
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR
    i dont think any top end raiding guilds will pick a Druid mting the place
    Yeah we will.

If they just switch the mp5 on the healing mace to haste both healers and dps can use it, for a tankingweapon they just can do a 1handed quelserrar.
    They did.
    I participated in the legendary Chex thread

:>