when to stop gemming/gearing for HP?

as the topic says.. iknow that stam is nice iam not a compleate retard but at what point should i start gearing for block/doge/parry?

sorry for my bad english

10+ Year Old Account

Re: when to stop gemming/gearing for HP?

What lvl are you at right now? You see alot of tanks over 40k who still gem pure stamina. They also have offsets that have alot of dodge and block etc. As a good tank you should have multiple sets.

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

Roughly 41-42k.

10+ Year Old Account

For example, there is a Prot Pally on Illidan server who has 27.4% dodge, 22.3% parry, and 28,712 armor all unbuffed. His only 2 non stam gems are 2 10 agil 15 stam gems. He has 47.3k hp unbuffed. His avoidance isn't super high, but it is sufficient and his HP makes up for any he lacks.

Hes got 25 Tribute to Insanity and is working on Immortality.

Ref: Absalom Illidan server

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

Keep gemming for HP, you can start picking up the socket bonuses if you've been skipping them. But always have a stam gem in every socket. My server has a paladin at 48k unbuffed so far. However you should have multiple sets (high hp, block, avoidance, threat, resist sets etc).

Icecrown may change things, but for now everyone is still going stam.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaths
    For example, there is a Prot Pally on Illidan server who has 27.4% dodge, 22.3% parry, and 28,712 armor all unbuffed. His only 2 non stam gems are 2 10 agil 15 stam gems. He has 47.3k hp unbuffed. His avoidance isn't super high, but it is sufficient and his HP makes up for any he lacks.

Hes got 25 Tribute to Insanity and is working on Immortality.

Ref: Absalom Illidan server
    That is the same exact paladin I was talking about too
    He must have switched an item or 2 to have dropped to 47.3k

I don't think its ever at a point where stam is a bad thing to stack, I mean the gear is high in avoidance already and until Blizz finds a way to allow us to live through a physical hit and the raid damage that flows around we need to do what we can to stay alive.
    I'm not advocating that we NEVER look for avoidance but I think I seen once where you need to be able to live through 2 attacks unmitigated.
    We don't have many other options now, so I say I guess keep at the stam until we see otherwise.

BTW most top lvl tanks have 47k to 50k unbuffed and still stack stam.

I dont have the Hardmodes, but I think you should aim Firstly att 40-50% Avoidance, and then go for Stamina.
    Unlike Parry/Dodge stamina does´t have Diminishing Return, so you wont reach a softcap. And with 40-50 Avoid (I aimed at 60 so i have in ICC still 40%) you make sure you dont eat to many Hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Proud_Retradin
    as the topic says.. iknow that stam is nice iam not a compleate retard but at what point should i start gearing for block/doge/parry?

sorry for my bad english
    Just keep going, there's no reason to stop. No one will fault you for meeting socket bonuses, but all your gems should be stam hybrids at least.