Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: T 10 2 set bonus... Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    Blizz Paladin team is so lazy and they cant test their own changes
    because blizzard has dedicated team for every single class... Newsflash, they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    I didn't mention anything about release dates.

But as far as laziness goes, just look at how many models they have re-used over and over again. Also, think of how long it took them to fix the (2+) hour long ques on high pop servers (almost 2 months I believe) and how long it took them to fix server wide-lag issues caused by wg (about 6 months) and instance servers being full (another 2-4 months?).

With the amount of income they have, it should not take them that long to fix some of those issues. I understand that some of those could be quite tedious to fix, but I mean come on, it should not take months to fix, it should take a couple of weeks at most.
    I'm not about to argue that Blizzard is single-mindedly trying to produce the best gaming experience possible. There are limits to what they do, and some of those are human faults. However, I find allegations that they're "lazy" to be silly, and it seems to me such claims just expose the ignorance of the accuser.

Model re-use: This is just them trying to squeeze more mileage out of existing artwork. Art is one of the major bottlenecks in content production, so the less new art they need, the more content they can otherwise produce.

WG lag: fixes were being implemented constantly, and you can't just throw money at fixes. The hardware they use is already top of the line. You can't just glue another server to the side of an existing one and make the problems disappear. ;P

Part of the WG lag problem was just social, as bandwidth demands and message passing increased exponentially (in a casual sense) with the number of participants in a small area. Just bad design from the start, but there were people saying WG would be empty. I don't think the popularity was anticipated, and I think they felt the latency issues would be easier to iron out than they turned out to be. However, each fix that lowered the lag made people enjoy the place more, so the lag went up even more.

Server queues: again, these can't simply be fixed by throwing bigger, badder servers at the problem. They set the limits to prevent degradation of performance. Queues are normally fixed by allowing free transfers to lower pop realms, which are often ignored by the players.

Instance servers full: required both hardware -and- software upgrades, and they were understandably concerned with getting it right. You maybe have not played a lot of MMOs, but consider: At Vanguard's launch, one particularly heinous bug was that you could literally lose your character when walking between slivers (or whatever they termed them). IE, typically there are places in the world where you seamlessly transfer from one piece of hardware to another. Their team had not fully tested this, and you could just BAM get deleted. Could get restored, but you lost any progress since their last backup.

Perhaps the WoW team could have rushed their software changes for the instance servers. I'm glad they didn't, though I know how extremely frustrating it was to have instance servers full. Again, as partial solutions went through, more people ran instances.

Really, it's likely that cross-realm instancing grew out of the solutions for this. They probably wanted to load-balance servers within the battlegroup more efficiently, and found it wouldn't be that hard to just run people from different realms together. Voila, new feature.

Anyways, I think Blizz does a pretty first-class job managing the problems in this game. Much of what they run into is stuff nobody else in the industry has had to deal with, so it all takes novel solutions. When millions of fanatical people will go berserk if you make the slightest mistake, it's no surprise they'd be cautious.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Blizzard is lazy and doesn't always make the best decisions...

Back on topic though... 35% increased healing every 3 min is a bit much imo, a lot better than some of the other set bonuses (especially 2 sets). I would expect maybe 10-20% tops. 1% is just useless so I refuse to believe that is going to be the actual number
    Honestly it will be good to use with every third Divine Plea,

or to switch to FoL spam with SS so that you can regen some mana.

I like it.

Honestly all the paladin set bonuses are decent.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo

I like it.

Its because they did not rush this content like they did with 3.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo

I like it.

Wait 3 minutes to pop DI? Losing cooldowns isn't good. And, if your DI is on, you should refresh your beacon and sacred shield, and spam holy lights.

if indeed it is 35% then i will be extra careful while crossing the streets - i wanna live to the day when i'll pop wings+DI+talisman of resurgence while spamming HL during Heroism on valithria dreamwalker.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Depending on your "spec" the 2 and 4 piece set bonuses are either awesome or meh.

Flash of Light specs will see increases in effectiveness on both.

Holy Light paladins will find the additional healing from the 2 piece wasted on everything except the dreamwalker fight. The 4 Piece is an HPS loss.

I didn't mention anything about release dates.

But as far as laziness goes, just look at how many models they have re-used over and over again. Also, think of how long it took them to fix the (2+) hour long ques on high pop servers (almost 2 months I believe) and how long it took them to fix server wide-lag issues caused by wg (about 6 months) and instance servers being full (another 2-4 months?).

With the amount of income they have, it should not take them that long to fix some of those issues. I understand that some of those could be quite tedious to fix, but I mean come on, it should not take months to fix, it should take a couple of weeks at most.
    Look Money =/= speed.

Just because Blizzard has money, DOESN'T mean they are willing to hire people. Pay attention to their games that come out. Diablo 2 is still being played today and is heralded as one of the better RPGs out there. Starcraft, yeah it's still being played in professional circuits. Warcraft 3 too.

Blizzard is out to put out quality, NOT as fast as humanly possible. Anyways you realize how difficult it is to change networking so that the servers aren't as laggy aren't as stressed? It takes time to implement hardware and programming changes.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau
    The 4 Piece is an HPS loss.
    Only if you change your playstyle to Shock on CD. Otherwise if you just go about your business as usual, it will be an HPS increase.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Your saying Blizz is lazy!?!?!? When we are the ones sitting on our arses for hours on end playing the game THEY MADE for us......I think you need to rethink your accusations =)

Bawk
    Retards should not be aided. They should just be pointed toward the coldest pole on which to stick their tongue.
    A Balance Druid who has balanced the Balance in his Balance Spec between Crit and Haste is a Balanced Balance Druid.
    80 Druid (exBC toon), 80 Mage (Arcane), 80 DK (lol), 80 Hunter (MM), 80 Pally(prot/ret), 61 Rogue (Ass/Subt), 80 Lock (Demo/Affli), 23 Warr (Prot/fury hybrid).
    Pally - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Nikoli.
    Hunter - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Grubba

just look at how many models they have re-used over and over again.
    That just couldn't have anything to do with people actually liking the popular models that are reused now could it? Seriously, you expect them to use all new art every single time. You obviously fail to realize that the reasons they reuse models is 1) to keep their game file on your computer smaller and 2) to keep the server from having to dig through the client for a long period of time to find that actual file.

(2+) hour long ques on high pop servers (almost 2 months I believe)
    They had to completely upgrade their hardware in order to do this fix. If it would have been done in 24 hours I would have been more worried. Also, they gave everyone a weeks paid subscription and 2 full weeks rest bonus to make up for it. I think they came out on top of this one.

and how long it took them to fix server wide-lag issues caused by wg (about 6 months)
    Another hardware upgrade...more bonuses.

and instance servers being full (another 2-4 months?).
    This was only a problem in peak times. It required another hardware upgrade and they gave everyone two free days play time because of it.

So, in short, Blizzard has had to constantly upgrade its hardware because they never thought this game would actually be as popular as it really is. I really don't see how this is being lazy or a bad thing on their part. They have overly compensated for it each and every time, and I really don't want to see them just throw on new hardware at the drop of a hat. I want them to actually research and see what the best possible options are.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by bawkbawkboom
    Your saying Blizz is lazy!?!?!? When we are the ones sitting on our arses for hours on end playing the game THEY MADE for us......I think you need to rethink your accusations =)

Bawk
    Wow. Cold pole is that way, pal. I think you know what to do with it.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Only if you change your playstyle to Shock on CD. Otherwise if you just go about your business as usual, it will be an HPS increase.
    I wasn't referring to shocking on CD.

Moreso any scenario where you are shifting between HL <-> HS will be is an HPS loss over simply HL ->HL.

4 piece bonus - Each time your Rejuvenation spell heals a target, it has a 2% chance to jump to a new target at full duration.
    4 piece bonus - Your Circle of Healing and Penance spells have a 20% chance to cause your next Flash Heal cast within 6 sec to reset the cooldown on your Circle of Healing and Penance spells.
    4 piece bonus - Your Chain Heal critical strikes cause the target to heal for 25% of the healed amount.
    These are pretty sizeable HPS increases for their respective classes/specs that are tied the way they function optimally. As a Druid you're rolling rejuvs in most cases anyway. As a Priest when CoH/Penance are on CD, Flash heal is your main Goto Ability. And don't get me started on how stupidly good the 4 piece is when you factor in the synergy it has with Tidal Waves and the 2 piece.

Also the tooltip is misleading for the 4 piece Pally bonus. The .3 seconds is calculated BEFORE haste is taken into effect (same problem with Light's grace), so you will only see about a .2 second (or less) reduction in cast time on HL. Very rarely are you going to be (at least if your raid healers are worth a damn) breaking your HL/Flash/MaintenanceGCD rotations to throw a clutch HS.

As for the 2 piece: Any half decent HL paladin can spot right away what's wrong with that bonus.

The 4 piece for a HL paladin is a VERY small throughput increase that only occurs in very rare scenarios. Something regen oriented or "true" haste would have been vastly superior. What do we expect from individuals that piled MP5 on our gear when it was bad for us, and only to overload our gear with crit after they nerfed it into the ground and we no longer want it. Also lol @ 2pc T9.

15+ Year Old Account

The 4 piece for a HL paladin is a VERY small throughput increase that only occurs in very rare scenarios. Something regen oriented or "true" haste would have been vastly superior. What do we expect from individuals that piled MP5 on our gear when it was bad for us, and only to overload our gear with crit after they nerfed it into the ground and we no longer want it. Also lol @ 2pc T9.
    The 2pc T9 is a decent HPS increase when you are the only Paladin/Holy in the raid.

As for the 4pc T10, something like "Your Holy Shock increases the amount healed by your next Flash of light by 100%" would be a significant HPS increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    The 2pc T9 is a decent HPS increase when you are the only Paladin/Holy in the raid.

As for the 4pc T10, something like "Your Holy Shock increases the amount healed by your next Flash of light by 100%" would be a significant HPS increase.
    Any good paladin should be able to never let a judg to run out. It just makes things easier, but it does not increase healing done at all.

And a bonus like that would be insanely overpowered for arenas, and not that good for pve at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Vanilla set bonuses were.... special.
    yea, can still remember http://thottbot.com/?set=122
    + 5 def on cloth armor, yay

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ephilia
    yea, can still remember http://thottbot.com/?set=122
    + 5 def on cloth armor, yay
    well at the time from what ive seen def was the ''resilience'' on pvp gear
    and that set sucked xD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    Any good paladin should be able to never let a judg to run out. It just makes things easier, but it does not increase healing done at all.

And a bonus like that would be insanely overpowered for arenas, and not that good for pve at all.
    It increases your HPS by allowing you to keep JoL up on 2 things at a time.

JoL should never be factored into your EHPS.

15+ Year Old Account

JoL should never be factored into your EHPS.
    Exactly, which shows that Blizzard still doesn;t know what we want, what we look for on gear, or how to organize us.