Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41

    Re: T 10 2 set bonus... Seriously?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Exactly, which shows that Blizzard still doesn;t know what we want, what we look for on gear, or how to organize us.
    I see what you did there

  2. #42

    Re: T 10 2 set bonus... Seriously?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    It increases your HPS by allowing you to keep JoL up on 2 things at a time.
    Hmm, we can only have 1 judge up at a time ? or did i missunderstand something :< ?

  3. #43
    Pit Lord iktankniet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    behind a desk
    Posts
    2,419

    Re: T 10 2 set bonus... Seriously?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandal
    Hmm, we can only have 1 judge up at a time ? or did i missunderstand something :< ?
    only 1 judgement per target, yes...

    im hoping you can figure it out for yourself now

  4. #44

    Re: T 10 2 set bonus... Seriously?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    It increases your HPS by allowing you to keep JoL up on 2 things at a time.
    It's really rare to find a encounter that there are 2 targets getting hit at the same time and that live long enough to apply 2 JoLs on 10-man (considering you will have 3 paladins in a regular 25-man). Maybe Jaraxxus Mistress, or Twins. Well, paladins are so overpowered that I think every raid should have, at least, 2 paladins anyway. It's still a very poor bonus, but indeed nice to have. And, since head and gloves pieces are still BiS, there is not reason for not using it.

  5. #45

    Re: T 10 2 set bonus... Seriously?

    He was being facetious.

    Well, paladins are so overpowered
    We are?

  6. #46

    Re: T 10 2 set bonus... Seriously?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau
    He was being facetious.

    We are?
    Kings, Sanct, Wisdom/Might, Aura, Divine Sac, Raid haste + dmg (ret), HoP, HoF, Bubble, HoS, JoL, JoW, +3% critical, Hand os Sacrifice. Yes, I can say we bring more buffs than rogues. ;p

  7. #47

    Re: T 10 2 set bonus... Seriously?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    It increases your HPS by allowing you to keep JoL up on 2 things at a time.
    Ha ha. :P You are correct that the 2pt9 does increase our HPS though. It does so by means of GCDs. If your job is to keep up a Judgement (of either sort), the bonus allows you to blow less globals on keeping it up. A LOT less actually. 12 compared to 36 in a six minute fight.

    The bonus itself is clearly more 10 man oriented though. Where you are much less likely to have a Ret and a Prot or two Rets or two Prots. My standard 25 man raid usually has two Holies and one Ret. So I, for one, am actually rather grateful for it.

    It's nearly mandatory if you're the only Pally in a Beginner to Average 10 man TotGC group though. One of the things I counseled a Holy Pally whose group was struggling with Anub to do was go out and get this bonus. Having to blow a global every 10 seconds on keeping JoL up was killing tanks.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

  8. #48

    Re: T 10 2 set bonus... Seriously?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    Kings, Sanct, Wisdom/Might, Aura, Divine Sac, Raid haste + dmg (ret). Yes, I can say be bring more buffs than a rogue. ;p
    I'd say that makes us useful and wanted (You know, the goal of Wrath).

    Divine Sac and Conc Aura are the only unique buffs out of that entire list. I would like to meet this paladin that can bring Sanctuary, Divine Sac, Sanctified Retribution, AND swift retribution though.

    All because Rogues don't bring as many buffs doesn't make us overpowered, it means rogues need more utility.

  9. #49

    Re: T 10 2 set bonus... Seriously?

    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Ha ha. :P You are correct that the 2pt9 does increase our HPS though. It does so by means of GCDs. If your job is to keep up a Judgement (of either sort), the bonus allows you to blow less globals on keeping it up. A LOT less actually. 12 compared to 36 in a six minute fight.

    The bonus itself is clearly more 10 man oriented though. Where you are much less likely to have a Ret and a Prot or two Rets or two Prots. My standard 25 man raid usually has two Holies and one Ret. So I, for one, am actually rather grateful for it.

    It's nearly mandatory if you're the only Pally in a Beginner to Average 10 man TotGC group though. One of the things I counseled a Holy Pally whose group was struggling with Anub to do was go out and get this bonus. Having to blow a global every 10 seconds on keeping JoL up was killing tanks.
    Judgements are still good for mana regen, so, if you can afford, it's always good to judg whenever you can. And Judgements are a 20 seconds debuff, so you just needed to judg every 15~17 seconds. But of course the bonus does help, Anub being one the best fights, where GCDs are pretty expensive at the third phase.

    And I didn't say that one paladin could bring all buffs. But we can say that Paladins have the best raid utility at the game, maybe together with druids (Innervates and Rebirths, both untalented) and shamans (lol bloodlust). With 3 paladins (Holy, Prot and ret) you can bring so much for the raid, it's amazing.

  10. #50

    Re: T 10 2 set bonus... Seriously?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    Judgements are still good for mana regen, so, if you can afford, it's always good to judg whenever you can. And Judgements are a 20 seconds debuff, so you just needed to judg every 15~17 seconds. But of course the bonus does help, Anub being one the best fights, where GCDs are pretty expensive at the third phase.
    Er. Yeah. What he said. :P
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

  11. #51
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: T 10 2 set bonus... Seriously?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    And I didn't say that one paladin could bring all buffs. But we can say that Paladins have the best raid utility at the game, maybe together with druids (Innervates and Rebirths, both untalented) and shamans (lol bloodlust). With 3 paladins (Holy, Prot and ret) you can bring so much for the raid, it's amazing.
    There is almost no such thing as "unique buffs" anymore. We do have Judgements and Hands though, but they have long CDs or short durations.

  12. #52

    Re: T 10 2 set bonus... Seriously?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    There is almost no such thing as "unique buffs" anymore. We do have Judgements and Hands though, but they have long CDs or short durations.
    Blessing of Kings. Divine Sacrifice. Hand of Protection. Hand of Freedom. Aura Mastery. Hand of Salvation.

    Most of the most powerful tools in a 25-man content are paladin's skills. While Bloodlust makes the fight easier/shorter, even sometimes required to beat a enrage timer, it's hard to find something as game breaking as Hand of Protection (lol anub25-heroic).

    But yes, most of them have long cooldowns/forberance/lolkilledmyselfwithsacrifice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •