TotGC 25 Twin Valkyr help

We had our first tries with Twin Valkyr hard yesterday. We've following tankspot's strategy fairly closely, everyone in the middle with dark aura, using 4 ball catchers. So far it works: light shield goes down pretty easily (obviously), vortexes are managed without much problem and the raid is kept alive (and it's nice to break 10k hps as resto drood from time to time). Those are not the issue

However, we can't bring the dark shield down. We pop bloodlust (obviously), we've tried to stand close to the white portal so ranged can swith easily, and even then we couldn't DPS it fast enough (and that brought it's own problems too). Do you have any ideas abot what are we doing wrong? Any tricks you'd like to share?
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

Re: TotGC 25 Twin Valkyr help

Quote Originally Posted by pangeltveit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-3zshJ0YOA

Try this tactic, works as a oneshot for us ;D
    The twins heal for 50% instead of 15% now so you can't just let one heal.

I guess i'll throw some advice in here too. If you arn't breaking the shields use something like
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ldmonitor.aspx It will first off show you if you guys are even close. It will also show in the numbers if someone isn't switching to the correct target. From there you can see if maybe thats an issue. If not you could try exploring other strats and maybe one will fit right with your raid team.

It took us 4-5 strats to find one that fit with us and it may be a strat that others would have insane issues with.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Toat
    The twins heal for 50% instead of 15% now so you can't just let one heal.

I guess i'll throw some advice in here too. If you arn't breaking the shields use something like
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ldmonitor.aspx It will first off show you if you guys are even close. It will also show in the numbers if someone isn't switching to the correct target. From there you can see if maybe thats an issue. If not you could try exploring other strats and maybe one will fit right with your raid team.

It took us 4-5 strats to find one that fit with us and it may be a strat that others would have insane issues with.
    Who said we let them heal?

5-10 seconds before the next special ability, we change target to the one that is the same color as us. then 0.1 second before the bubble is popped, every1 who can casts any Interrupt or silence spell cast the spell and the cast get cancelled before the bubble is even cast. so you can just skip it if we miss it, we BL and nuke it, we got 2-3 hunters the oposite color as us standing as far back in the door as they can for some dmg if we dont get the bubble down. no problem

Quote Originally Posted by pangeltveit
    Who said we let them heal?

5-10 seconds before the next special ability, we change target to the one that is the same color as us. then 0.1 second before the bubble is popped, every1 who can casts any Interrupt or silence spell cast the spell and the cast get cancelled before the bubble is even cast. so you can just skip it if we miss it, we BL and nuke it, we got 2-3 hunters the oposite color as us standing as far back in the door as they can for some dmg if we dont get the bubble down. no problem
    yeah try this, it works

I posted the strat used by my guild a couple of months ago on wowhead, and I know of many other guilds who have successfully adapted it aswell.
    Last edited by SomeCoolName; 2012-05-09 at 02:24 PM.

After 2 nights of whipes on regular tactics we decided to give the "let's all stand in the door tactic".
    We started with 1 soaker with white aura, and the black tank ofcourse in white aura.

People with white aura need to switch 5sec before special ability call to the dark target and when the darkshield pops burn dps cooldowns and hero/blood.
    If the white shield pops you have enough time and dps to switch back and burn the shield.

If the white aoe comes everyone with the black aura needs to pop their surviability cooldowns, hunters use detterence, magi iceblock, dospersion for priests, bubbles for pala's etc etc etc, everything they can do to minimize the incoming dmg (including healthpots/stones)
    If the black aoe comes the few ppl with the black aura need to do the same.

First try it was kinda getting everyone's mind straight, people forgot to pop their cooldowns on the aoe and died.
    2nd try was much better but we couldn't get the blackshield down initially.

So for 3rd try we decided to have some dps get white aura and permanent dps the black one, we got passed the 4 abillities but unlucky got a 2nd black shield on the 5th special.

4th was a kill with only 1 death and a little lucky with a white shield on the 5th special.

So we ended up with running 6 people in white shields,1 tank, 1 orb soaker (we use a SP for this) and 4 dps that permanently dps the black boss.

I use hunters and rogue's to dps on the blackboss, and those 4+the rest of the raid are enough to get the shield down before she heals.

Last night we managed to get a black shield again on the 5th special but we burned it anyway without hero/bl and killed them on the 2nd try.

So, rng can be a bitch with this tactic but it is still very doable if you have problems with the other tactics.

Thank you for the strats; but as I said we tried several variations of standing next to portals and changing and actually the only problem is bursting the "wrong" shield. Since our raw DPS isn't bad (we wouldn't be at valkyrs otherwise) and people report being able to pop same color shields using bloodlust, the only sensible conclusion is that our DPSers don't switch fast enough. I'll suggest every DPS to switch targets several seconds before an ability is going to happen so they can pile debuffs on the black valkyr, and the RL to download that addon.
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

If your raid is split pretty much in half in terms of colors, the shields should never be a problem.

We run melee/healers black in the center, ranged white spread evenly around the star symbol on the floor, couple black ball soakers spread amongst the ranged, bosses stacked in the center for sexy cleave damage. Switch colors for the appropriate vortexes, as needed. Pop personal cooldowns first white shield, after the 4th special ability (if the twins are alive for some reason), blow heroism/lust just before the 5th ability in case it's a white shield again. The reason for cooldowns/lust for white shields is mainly because ranged have the most to deal with on the fight compared to melee.

Surprised Blizz hasn't done anything bout the door strat yet, still seems like a terrain exploit of boss mechanics. Same with interrupting the heal before the shields go up. I suppose as long as Anub is the cockblock for almost every guild they don't really care about Twin Valks. Besides, if you need to use these "tactics" to get to Anub, you'll probably have one helluva time killing Anub. There might be some guilds that have downed 25man HM Anub and pre-emptive heal interrupt / door strat their way through Valks, but I guarantee they don't need to do it that way to be successful.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft
    If your raid is split pretty much in half in terms of colors, the shields should never be a problem.

We run melee/healers black in the center, ranged white spread evenly around the star symbol on the floor, couple black ball soakers spread amongst the ranged, bosses stacked in the center for sexy cleave damage. Switch colors for the appropriate vortexes, as needed. Pop personal cooldowns first white shield, after the 4th special ability (if the twins are alive for some reason), blow heroism/lust just before the 5th ability in case it's a white shield again. The reason for cooldowns/lust for white shields is mainly because ranged have the most to deal with on the fight compared to melee.

Surprised Blizz hasn't done anything bout the door strat yet, still seems like a terrain exploit of boss mechanics. Same with interrupting the heal before the shields go up. I suppose as long as Anub is the cockblock for almost every guild they don't really care about Twin Valks. Besides, if you need to use these "tactics" to get to Anub, you'll probably have one helluva time killing Anub. There might be some guilds that have downed 25man HM Anub and pre-emptive heal interrupt / door strat their way through Valks, but I guarantee they don't need to do it that way to be successful.
    My guild use the exact same strat and we 1 shot it every week without any problems, highly recommended strat.

Our guild has everyone stack near the entrace and go dark. We have 3 ranged go light as soakers preventing Light orbs from coming in and letting dark ones in. For Dark Shield, we blow every CD we have to kill it. Dark Vortex, only soakers change and light essence tank. Light Shield, easy and dies fast. Light Vortex we use aura mastery, divine sac, and heal as much as we can. Any mitigation abilities like Dispersion should be used. Ice Block is being weird and reduces your damage back to zero and may or may not lose your essence, so avoid that.

We use a door zerg tactic, but we nuke down both shields, one needs heroism because everyone has the 'wrong' color to kill that shield.
    Here's a vid of our kill http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkpE2AEnl6A

We have 7-8 light soaking and the rest black. Light shield is our easiest also so we have everyone switch targets (not buffs) to the black one before each ability just encase it's a black shield. If a black shield is the first ability to come out, we just pop personal cds, if we miss it, it's no biggy (this only works if its the first ability), hero on second black shield. As long as you keep your soakers alive, you should not have a problem. We also keep 2 people out with the light soakers soaking black orbs to help assist. Use soakers that can save themselfs if things get tricky, hunters, mages, spriests, ect.

Good luck