Feral druid - 3s and 5s

It started out with an ambition to be a rival, which slowly morphed into a dream of a frost wyrm...

Back in BC, I played a warlock, doing warlock/rogue and barely making it past 1.7k, the day I got challenger, I was ecstatic, finally, some recognition..

I thought I was pretty good, and displayed that tile with pride, but WotLK hit.

My real life friends who were playing in Alliance Barthilas (US) asked me to go join them in their server, so I transferred my dusty ol' 46 druid lying in deep hibernation in Ursin (US) over.

My role was to tank, and I did it well, being the OT of a small guild of friends which downed pretty much everything blizzard had in it's 3.0 arsenal.. Yes, even twilight vanquisher..

And then came arenas.

My friends has all picked partners with each other way before arenas came, and I was left with a nasty conundrum: wait for a lock to hit 80 and gear up, or just get straight into action with a rogue.

I chose the rogue. Let's just say it didn't work too well, we couldn't make it past 1400, yes, 1400. And he left to do it with another friend, a priest, and managed an easy 1.7k.. The other of my friends were running prot paladin/rogue and went past 1.8k.. Yeah I was cut about it..

After a tedious wait, I finally hit the arenas with me demonology lock friend.. Surprise, surprise, it somehow worked and we farmed 'flawless victors' to hotter streak and a rival title at 1973 rating, and there I was thinking, I've gone as far as my skill could take me.

S6 was a mess, raiding times were bad for me and most of my friends, and I never did get to do Uld, not even now, and most of us quit.. Only 2 remained..

My warlock friend had 2 alts, one warrior who was moderately geared, and a shaman, 50+ at that point of time.. Halfway through S6, 3 of us decided to come back to WoW, and we played warrior/feral/priest to get our weapons, while the priest and the prot turned ret pally friend of mine got to 1999..

At this point in time, the shaman had dramatically strengthened, and was now moderately geared, and did 3s as hunter/ret/shaman to 193+..

Apparently, we tried 5s.. It was a zergfest, yeah we won most of the matches in the first night, however, timings clashed and it was hard to do it ever again..

The season ended with me maintaining rival..

We sought out for duelist, me and the ret, but the comp never came true, so I decided to try a few games with my resto shaman friend and lo and behold! We were doing fantastic, and still are, going 10-0 in the past week, and finally ending up in gladiator range in BG9 for the first time in my life.. Well sad to say, blizz abolished glad for 2s, so here I am stuck with duelist..

That's the whole point I'm posting this; asking the question "what comp should a kitty run that is viable for hopefully a frost wyrm? Or minimum T2 weapons? I've tried restoshaman/feral/DK to 2050, but it didn't go anywhere after.. Keep in mind, my ret and hunter friends quit, and now my choices are <warlock/warrior/shaman> and <DK/priest/undergeared hunter> for partners.. Any suggestions?"

TL;DR, what are good comps for a feral druid in 3s and 5s, which is viable to a minimum of 2.2k.. I don't like to play with randoms, and very much prefer a closed atmosphere with me and a few close friends, thanks..

Re: Feral druid - 3s and 5s

Priest/Rogue/Feral is a strong comp capable to get Glad on most servers and hunter insteed of rogue would also work in it.

"<warlock/warrior/shaman> and <DK/priest/undergeared hunter>"

What happened to the rogue?

Rogue/feral/priest is a great combo atm.

arms + feral + holy pala
    Amberkintribe Yogg+0 kill 10man.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuQ1_SjRxaA

Quote Originally Posted by Parasha
    arms + feral + holy pala
    this comp really rapes stuff... we lost to it quite often.

15+ Year Old Account

Arms Warrior / Holy Pala / Feral Druid would be the best way to go for 3v3, and indeed Feral Druid / Rogue / Dpriest would be the VERY close second and probably with some skills even better.

Feral/rogue/priest is indeed fun and imba. Whilst games against a lock can be over in seconds, you dont get owned by plate teams, so it isnt bad at all. Just find a decent rogue and a decent priest and you're good to go.