Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Smooth Ping/ Lower Ping

Quote Originally Posted by dennisd
    Is it the same like changing your registry files? because if it is then I already changed them manually and I didn't notice any difference :P
    Edit-Wait woot :O Can you tell me what are the default values of the two registry files I edited? was it 0 or 2?
    btw how do you know it just increases the lag spikes?
    The default value for TcpAskFrequency is 2 (LoL at setting that to 0)
    The default value for TcpNoDelay is 0

Btw it looks like the add-on our dear fella made contains a remove bundle which acts prefect. So I take my Word back. Doing it via the add-on is better.

btw I was actually writing the explanation you asked for and I was half way through it. But I decided to skip it because I have a strong feeling that there are extremly few people(I sure can count them with my fingers) on these forums who can understand that. No offense in this though. Because I don't understand anything about biology but most of you do. :'(

80 Orc Hunter
    80 Tauren druid
    80 Tauren Warrior
    80 Orc Warlock
    80 Blood elf Death knight
    To Be continued...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaskal
    The default value for TcpAskFrequency is 2 (LoL at setting that to 0)
    The default value for TcpNoDelay is 0

Btw it looks like the add-on our dear fella made contains a remove bundle which acts prefect. So I take my Word back. Doing it via the add-on is better.

Hahaha yeah I knew that if I'll change TcpAskFrequency to 0 something will be wrong xD
    Thanks for your help i'll just edit them manually.

Shielding your life since 2007 yo

Quote Originally Posted by Gaskal
    This is another method of that Old registry fix. I assure everyone in this thread it won't improve your game-play by any means and just increases the lag spikes/DCs you might have.

btw.. If you don't believe me and wanna do this I suggest you to do it the manual way. So when you are screwed up you know how to revert it.
    While I agree with making the change manually for the sake of security, the rest of this is total BS, frankly.

I've used the TCPAck registry change for a long time and it in no way causes any instability with my connection or lag problems. The only downside is that it can occasionally negatively affect the performance of very large file transfers but most people with a decent connection won't even notice a change in that respect.

What the registry change does is tells your PC to send out data packets one at a time as opposed to waiting for two to be ready before sending. It works, it's cut my latency about in 1/2 (as would be expected, considering what it's doing), and I highly recommend it. Feel free to read up on it via a Google search if you want more info. Plenty of folks have used it for years with great results and have posted about their success with it.

Chances are if you're having lag or DC issues, you have other ISP/Network/Router related issues or something in your configuration is faulty.

IMO, ditch those subscription ping services, get yourself a decent ISP, a WW-DRT router, make this registry change, and enjoy.

Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)

I have been using http://www.WTFast.com for about a week and it works like a charm. Really stable and the latency has been reduced to under 30 ms for me, practically instant, it used to be 200ms to 300ms before. I have some friends overseas in the army who have reduced their latency by over 1000ms using WTFast. WTFast seems to be the only service that actually has their own proxy app, the others are just sitting on software you can get for free - I am not sure how secure that is.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisd View Post
    Is anybody using one of these programs to reduce their lags?
    Lately my internet connection is bad and I have around 350 ms, after using Lower Ping I have around 150.
    Did any of you paid for that and you're playing normally without any troubles? because I heard that you may get alot of dcs and sutff.
    Hope somebody can help, thanks
    Tried a few proxy services which dis reduce the ping proportionally DC's were not a problem in my tests.

I am in New Zealand so I always get a high ping 500 + is typical, tried a few companies (Lowerping / Smoothping / PingBetter) and settled on a local proxy firm pingbetter.com who have an pretty good client application, and got around 200 after a minute or two. Having said this depite the game reporting 2000 + ping for a while after login initial the character movement in Daralan seemed normal. I have been seeing this initially high ping reported since Cataclysm patches have been flowing out of Blizzard for nearly a month now.
    Last edited by nidelv; 2010-11-24 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Flight View Post
    Works for me as well. I have DSL with 12 mbps download/1.5 mpbs upload and was getting about 250 ms before install and it dropped down to around 60 ms after install. Best of all, it is free! Occasionally, I will get a disconnect but it is not very often.

Deleted
    I thought Leatrix Latency fix just masked your real ping.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigChamp View Post
    I have been using http://www.WTFast.com for about a week and it works like a charm. Really stable and the latency has been reduced to under 30 ms for me, practically instant, it used to be 200ms to 300ms before. I have some friends overseas in the army who have reduced their latency by over 1000ms using WTFast. WTFast seems to be the only service that actually has their own proxy app, the others are just sitting on software you can get for free - I am not sure how secure that is.
    First post? Just wondering if your advertising them or genuinely like their product.

I actually have been using WTFast for the last month and it seems to help, but I cant honestly say how much.

Leatrix fix works wonders, used to do this manually on XP but now I use it with Win7. I turn it back to "off" when I want to download a large file, such as updating WoW. Ive been using the TCP fix for years now and its a huge difference when you go back to not using it. I dont care what the ping shows, I can notice the quickness of clicks when using it.

I might try some of these others that have been linked though. I did appreciate WTFast giving me a full month for free, since I had been having so many dc issues since 4.0.1.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

I tried both at the start of wotlk, both good programs that gave me no troubles.

Not using them anymore because I dont see why I should have to pay $8 more for a service blizz should provide. but thats a diff rant.

edit: is this WTFast thing free or what? the site is horrible. (id check but its really slow on my capped net atm)
    Last edited by Finalwish; 2010-11-24 at 11:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use a program that is called a good internet provider and otherwise I would recommend play another game

(no trollling or angry mob thingy but when you need a program to smooth out your ping then i think you need another internet provider or just play another game)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmanzero View Post
    I use a program that is called a good internet provider and otherwise I would recommend play another game

(no trollling or angry mob thingy but when you need a program to smooth out your ping then i think you need another internet provider or just play another game)
    Hardly. You seem to have no knowledge that people play this game from outside America.

I bought Lowerping a year or two ago and it did reduce the ms but also gave me other problems like random dc and other shit I can't remember, so morale of the story is, less ms but more issues, atleast for me. I use the leatrix latency fix and have about 40 ms pretty much compared to over 100 without.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am currently using Leatrix Latency fix 1.23 - round 40-60 MS at day and 30'ish at night -
    No DC's nor lag - running smoothly here.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use leatrix and it literally reduced my latency from 330 to 100-120 consistently.

26ms usually. Nothing fancy, just tweaked a few settings on the network card.

34ms in orgrimmar as we speak, which is nice

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockmanzero View Post

If you dont actually know what your talking about why bother wasting our time by posting?

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3