Thread: dowloading UI

dowloading UI

Alright so i decided after hours of messing with my ui, why not just download one? so i found one i liked (Lui V2) i fowwloed the direction carefully, i though as to how to download it and install it but it just doesnt work

what i did was: open up "my computer"- c drive- program files- world of warcraft.
    from there i copy and pasted my wtf and interface folders to a flash drive, then i highlighted and deleted my wtf and interface folders thinking they were gone. however i realized before downloading the new ui that when i logged into wow i still had my old UI with all the addons despite deleting the wtf and interface folders from my computer. so i searched for "world of Warcraft" in the search tab of the "my computer screen" and a ton of things popped up, two of which being the wtf and interface folders i thought i deleted, so i deleted them again, this time when i logged into world of Warcraft they were gone. then i began to download the new UI, i saved it to my desktop and then extracted it into the world of Warcraft folder then i had deleted things from the first time. thinking i was done i logged in, however nothing happened, i was looking at a stock ui with no addons at all. so i've tried time and time and time again to download it and put it in the right folder, currently the path looks like this.
    C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns
    i am truly helpless right now because i find it hard to play with no addons!
    when i open the addons folder that i showed in the path above it lists all the addons that came with the UI i tried to download so i have no idea why it isn't working please, any help at all would be greatly appreciated because i am not very computer savvy at all!
    a few questions
    should i have multiple world of warcraft folders? because i have several idk why
    should i open or save the ui when i'm downloading it?
    should i extract it?
    and what does it mean by zipped file??

thanks in advance for all the help, sincerely cazodor

Re: dowloading UI

Is the path you specified actually where WoW is installed?

I only ask because the default installation path on Windows Vista/7 is: C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft

U Sir fail at using a computer !

Thats like driving a car and then asking, what are brakes, where do I find them and how do I use them ?

:P

Deleted

1st delete again the wtf and catche.
    unpack again the UI file.
    go into your wow directory:
    find the /WTF/account folder, enter into it.
    theres a foder u have to rename with to your accountname, then go into it.
    theres a folder u have to rename to the server u play a most. go into it.
    there u find folder u have to rename to the toon u play a most.
    if this doesnt help, just go into the package and read the "readme.txt" or something like that.

gl

Thanks for all the input guys, trying everything out now

and i can assure you, i drive a care sonly slightly better...

cazodor