Poll: What type of person does World of Warcraft Appeal too?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What type of person does World Of Warcraft Appeal too?

You can make 2 votes, i am curious as to what kind of person plays World of Warcraft these days.

Re: What type of person does World Of Warcraft Appeal too?

you missed 'someone with time to waste' also 'someone who can't leave the house' and 'someone who subconsciously wants to act like the jocks who beats them up at school but can only do so on the internet'

also

'someone who doesn't measure themselves or others through their participation in a form of entertainment'
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Voted none because I can't vote all.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

It appeals to those that wish to demean and devalue others over the internet. It must cause that's the only thing you seen in game chat and forums.

In other words, assholes. Yes I am one too.

I think it appeals to anyone who likes MMOs, has the 13€ a month to pay for it and who already has friends playing it.

It's a game, all you need is free time and the will to spend that free time on a game.

I think the OP voted for the last option only,
    Because from what I see in the options is that the hardcore player is the only clever guy in your opinion.

Why would you think like that?

Semi-Hardcore. Someone who will do whatever it takes to be a success. Even at the cost of real life.
    Well I know how you feel about the issue. Just because you raid, progress, and are good at it does not mean your real life is suffering.
    Why not you paid your $15 right?

15+ Year Old Account

I started playing this game May '06. I was a total noob, never played an MMO, came from XBox Live.. and the game appealed to me even then. And now that I play more "hardcore" it still appeals to me. It's just a great game, and can work for any playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by LFW
    Because from what I see in the options is that the hardcore player is the only clever guy in your opinion.

you spotted that too ? :P

Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Really, this is not a good poll because it obviously appeals to all of these people. That's the beauty of WoW - it appeals to just about everyone who likes to play video games.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruberchoice
    who lomg untill its fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by LFW

Think of it as 1 to 5, 1 being complete noob, 5 being totally pro. Option 2, 3 and 4 lie somewhere inbetween.

Option 5 is ofc going to be the "only" clever guy, because option 5 is the complete extreme, meaning totally clever. Option 1 on the other hand means total noob and dumb.

I also voted once only and i picked -
    "Casual Noob. Someone who can't play their character, but want's to progress anyway. Would probably rather buy his gear than earn it."
    because thats what i think the majority of todays Wow community is based on most forum posts i read on MMO.

Back in Vanilla i would rate the community as mostly 4 with some being 5, but today i rate it as most being 2 and some being 5.

15+ Year Old Account

So, what, you want us to vote on the stereotype that best fits us?

Your little categories don't even come close to summing up a player.
    Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much. ~attributed to Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Hexus
    So, what, you want us to vote on the stereotype that best fits us?

Your little categories don't even come close to summing up a player.
    If you don't like my categories, go find another poll to vote in, nobody forces you to vote

Quote Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad
    Voted none because I can't vote all.
    This!

WoW can be played by anyone.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by willywonka000
    If you don't like my categories, go find another poll to vote in, nobody forces you to vote
    I post because I feed upon your indignation
    Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much. ~attributed to Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Hexus
    I post because I feed upon your indignation
    There are many people who choose the dark side in life. I hope one day you will be free from yourself and find the good that lies inside you.

Feeding on other peoples perceieved anger and resentment can leave a nasty bitter scar that may affect your happiness in life.

God Bless your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by willywonka000
    There are many people who choose the dark side in life. I hope one day you will be free from yourself and find the good that lies inside you.

Feeding on other peoples perceieved anger and resentment can leave a nasty bitter scar that may affect your happiness in life.

God Bless your soul.
    lol typo!

Losers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang
    so kids just ninja, the friendships are temporary mounts are forever.

WoW appeals to people in all of these catagories, plus a few others, such as
    Skilled-Casual: A player who is competant and skilled at their class, but does not have a hardcore playing timetable.
    May want to PuG, but often can't due to not having the acheivment, even though they are easily skilled enough for it. Would rather gear up than buy gear, and often enjoys other aspects of the game.

15+ Year Old Account

How about none of the above.

It appeals to people that think it is an interesting game. That's all there is to it.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present