Leveling a priest, Worth it?

Hey

Im playing paladin a lot nowadays but i dont like the healing way of a paladin with only spamming HL-HL-HL etc
    and ive always wanted a priest because (imo) priest are one of the most enjoyable classes to heal
    (ive played holy priest once at a friend of mine)
    So ive started a priest and shes level 58 now.

but im wondering is it really worth it going to outland and notherend for a priest?
    Is disiciple as much fun as holy too and is it smarter too go instance or bg farming instead of questing?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep
    Who is Athene, lol tought you meant the city at first :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    Worlds greatest paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stings
    Yes, and scientology is speaking the truth

Re: Leveling a priest, Worth it?

I believe that instancing/questing still is the fastest way (although I'm not going to guarantee it, I never bothered BG leveling). Bit with that said, I find both Shadow and Discipline to be extremely fun in BGs. All three specs are viable (at least somewhat) in high-end raiding, although we only really have one spec that's considered very viable in high-end Arena.

And most importantly, it's a fun class to play. At least from my perspective.

BG exp has been nerfed to the point that BG leveling is both slow and taxing. Instances are okay if you have quests for them, otherwise they're substantially slower than questing. Outland and Northrend are both stupidly fast and both provide good leveling gear as quest rewards, which you won't get BG leveling. BG leveling will still get you up to 80, but expect to spend several extra days doing it. 58-68 in Outland takes 20-30 hours usually, 68-80 takes about the same. BG leveling you can expect anywhere from 4 to 8 hours per level. It's not even close to the initial exp rate, which was stupidly fast. Fastest route 58-80 is pure questing, skip all quests you can't easily solo and ignoring instances. Not the funnest though. :P

do instances and solo on the side. healers will be in high demand in outland for all the dk in the area. i personally enjoy smite leveling but discipline is not bad either.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

The answer is a resounding "YES!"

2 very awesome and very different styled healing specs. Both are extremely viable and beyond that, both are great for full on progression. Most guilds have one of each in their cutting edge progression attempts. You can see by most the PTR videos since the beginning of WotLK on MMOChamp.

Now our DPS spec (one of the most difficult to maximize but some like a challenge) is getting some improvements, so Priests are in a good place.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

I also am asking this question, my priest is currently 24. Been playing her every day and enjoying it. However it's starting to become quite hard to kill mobs at a nice rate without mana going bye bye, I'm just curious to see if its worth going through this pain to get to 80 and enjoy the 3 specs of priests. (I personally planned to go for shadow/disc)
    PC: 3770k @ 4.6 / Noctua D14 / 16GB 1600mhz C8 Mushkin / Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H / MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III / 2x Dell U2311H / Lian Li A71FB / Mushkin Chronos 120GB - Seagate 2TB Green - WD Caviar Black 500GB / RAID0: Samsung F3 103SJ 1TB (x2) / Samsung SH123L Blu Ray
    Audio: Ultrasone PRO 2900s / Audio-GD NFB-3.1 / Neco Soundlabs Mosfett Amp

Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    I also am asking this question, my priest is currently 24. Been playing her every day and enjoying it. However it's starting to become quite hard to kill mobs at a nice rate without mana going bye bye, I'm just curious to see if its worth going through this pain to get to 80 and enjoy the 3 specs of priests. (I personally planned to go for shadow/disc)
    With 3.3, make extensive use of the LFG tool. Then you won't have to oom killing mobs alone. Tell your friends to do it, too. The more people who use the LFG for lowbie dungeons, the more popular it will get. You can get neat randomized blue rewards too, for pugging.

Dungeons are a great way to level, and with the LFG tool porting you there, they won't even have the normal "None of us can get there" penalty.

If you want to heal in end-game, and you're new to the role, I recommend you level a bit in BGs as well. If you save up marks and honor you can pick up decent items once in awhile to help your leveling process.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo
    With 3.3, make extensive use of the LFG tool. Then you won't have to oom killing mobs alone. Tell your friends to do it, too. The more people who use the LFG for lowbie dungeons, the more popular it will get. You can get neat randomized blue rewards too, for pugging.

Dungeons are a great way to level, and with the LFG tool porting you there, they won't even have the normal "None of us can get there" penalty.

If you want to heal in end-game, and you're new to the role, I recommend you level a bit in BGs as well. If you save up marks and honor you can pick up decent items once in awhile to help your leveling process.
    I was also looking into the LFG tool, it seems very efficient on the PTR, and theres usually 3 wanting a group on a realm if your unlucky so there should be loads in LFG. (I also hope to jump on the bandwagon before the nerf which will likely happen.) In endgame i've dabbled with resto druid and shaman and i'm not too bad with that but its a little rinse and repeat thats why i'm aiming for disc offspec because its different. I appreciate your input
    PC: 3770k @ 4.6 / Noctua D14 / 16GB 1600mhz C8 Mushkin / Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H / MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III / 2x Dell U2311H / Lian Li A71FB / Mushkin Chronos 120GB - Seagate 2TB Green - WD Caviar Black 500GB / RAID0: Samsung F3 103SJ 1TB (x2) / Samsung SH123L Blu Ray
    Audio: Ultrasone PRO 2900s / Audio-GD NFB-3.1 / Neco Soundlabs Mosfett Amp

i started to level a priest a while ago then i made a premade on the ptr. i didnt like holy so much but i loved disc so i decided to level him. just make a premade and see what you like.

also like other ppl said with the new lfg getting a group will be stupid easy if you're a tank/healer so that will make leveling less of a smite grind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I'm never wrong, and when I am I make sure that there isn't anyone left to talk about it.