Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Why isn't there pvp armor for prot specs anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfster
    because your simply untouchable by any melee class...and no it doesnt take skill for a prot warrior to beat a rogue/shaman or any melee class to that matter cuz u will dodge/block/parry their hits while u shield slam crits for 4 to 5k...does that sound fair to you? or does it even require skill to turn and face him and spam devistate and shield slam when its off cooldown?
    I bet this guy plays a rogue and got owned hard by a warrior with a shield ;D
    Stop whining, prot is cool and well suited for pvp. Why do you think they gave us Warbringer? End of story.

because unskilled ppl like you ruin the game...why not play a competitive spec? u just hide behind your shield and pretend to have fun while u in fact lack the skill to compete as the spec meant for pvp...
    its not meant to help you survive spell caster, and its not meant for you to be in a BG in prot spec anyway, and m so happy that spell casters eat you alive
    It's pretty funny because, correct me if i'm wrong, you're saying here that prot PvP is not a competitive spec (adding some "unskilled" and "ruin" shit). And THEN you say :

because your simply untouchable by any melee class...and no it doesnt take skill for a prot warrior to beat a rogue/shaman or any melee class to that matter cuz u will dodge/block/parry their hits while u shield slam crits for 4 to 5k...does that sound fair to you? or does it even require skill to turn and face him and spam devistate and shield slam when its off cooldown?
    So, if i understand you well, Untouchable = Not competitve spec ? NOT dying and owning everything = Not competitive spec ? Basically you call not competitve spec something that makes you nerdrage, i think it's godamm funny.

You sir, are a fail. ;D

The fact than you can't manage yourself to own in a prot spec or to own other prot warriors with your rogue, doesn't mean prot Pvp is fail. Bring any of your toons, i'll show you how not competitive is it.

With Cataclysm, Block Value will be eliminated, as well as def rating.
    ShieldSlam and PallyShieldSlam will scale off attack power.
    So specced -6% chance to be critically hit + no more scaling of different stats = PvP gear = the win

Just wait. Armor Penetration is screwed, Haste is screwed, Tank stats are screwed. But they wont fix it now since the system will change anyway.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

With that logic, someone better tell the frost mages they're forbidden to PvP any more because they can kite melee for near eternity, absorb their hits with Ice Barrier then spam Frostbolts, Ice Lance and Frost Nova when its off cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshy
    Gear the same as an arms warrior, Thats prot pvp gear.
    This is the truth.
    Accept it.
    You use armsgear and watch those 8k Concussion Blows. If people train you, you make them pay for it, by popping into Defensive stance (Yes, you play prot in Battle Stance) and Shield block + revenge + Shield Slam.
    The fact that it's better and more fun than arms in all cases (provided you have another class with MS-debuff), is just icing.

(For Arenas. In BGs, I'd use protgear still.)

and face it, prot paly in ret gear is just amazing these days

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidie
    Except that crit in tank gear is what...about 10% max. Then you factor in the resilience of so called rogue/shaman (say around 800-900), so that reduces their chance to be crit by about 15-20%. Then you got talent's which prop up some of our abilities to have more crit chance so that leave's us around what...10% again. Yah, clearly were OP vs melee. Considering we can't get 100% block 100% of the time and considering some abilities cannot be dodged/blocked/parried i have to ask, where do you get your info from ? And don't talk about using arm's pvp gear since when did you ever get dodge/block/parry on that stuff ?
    Rogues take half their hp off themselves by hitting me - we are OP against melee and it's stupid denying it.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

pvp prot gear is also referred to as your pve gear.

BECAUSE PEOPLE THAT PVP AS PROT NEED TO DIE IN A FIRE. how blizzard thinks 3-4 stuns + multiple silences is ok beats me. Honestly...if there was prot PvP gear all the top teams would have a prot warrior or prot paladin for the OP control. The fact that a prot paly can dish out as much dmg as an arms warrior in 3's isnt right : /

ive seen some shields with resiliance on..but thats about it...do please link to these prot pvp items your refering to
    Oo
    To play those millions of minds,to watch them slowly respond to an unseen stimulus to guide theyr aspiration without theyr knowledge-all this whether in high capacities or in humble,is a big and endless game of chess of ever extraordinary excitement
    -sydney west-

Quote Originally Posted by insurgi
    ive seen some shields with resiliance on..but thats about it...do please link to these prot pvp items your refering to
    Oo
    any tanking gear with block on it.

Deleted

i think someone's been ganked/stun locked by a warrior.
    u will hate this guy then
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xuJmsQv6nM

If you want to pvp you should try a pvp spec, nuff said!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcold
    If you want to pvp you should try a pvp spec, nuff said!
    Did you read the 3 pages before your post, genius ?

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo
    Like the title says. I loved pvping with prot gear with my warr. Tanking bgs was awesome. Sure, I may not have killed a lot of allies (or horde. whatever your faction is.) but to survive was a lot of fun. So I need to know why blizz stopped making pvp prot armor?
    I don't get your argument? I see "tanking" spec'd toons in probably every BG that I go into, and they are some of the most annoying people to fight, especially when they have a pocket healer.

LoL somebodies asshole hurts like bad, yo you better check to make sure your ass isn't bleeding Rogue!

Quote Originally Posted by Elliahna
    BECAUSE PEOPLE THAT PVP AS PROT NEED TO DIE IN A FIRE. how blizzard thinks 3-4 stuns + multiple silences is ok beats me. Honestly...if there was prot PvP gear all the top teams would have a prot warrior or prot paladin for the OP control. The fact that a prot paly can dish out as much dmg as an arms warrior in 3's isnt right : /
    Prot pvp is sweet justice pay backs for all the one sided fights over the years vs frost mages, Working as intended!
    As for prot pallies, well that damage is coming from HoR, It's a cleave that will do 4 times weapon damage on a 6 sec CD, and with the Glyph you will hit another target so 4 targets, so yes that with the other attacks in close combat will out dps any non cleaving melee.

block armor is still quite fun...

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6818/fuct.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo
    Like the title says. I loved pvping with prot gear with my warr. Tanking bgs was awesome. Sure, I may not have killed a lot of allies (or horde. whatever your faction is.) but to survive was a lot of fun. So I need to know why blizz stopped making pvp prot armor?
    There never was tanking pvp gear...
    "In our world those who dont care about the rules are called trash but those who dont care about their friends are even worse than trash."