Poll: In 3.3 Does DS & DG become the mandatory 3pt filler?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Does Divine Sacrifice / Divine Guardian Become the mandatory filler for prot?

Yes, with the added benefit of 20% raidwide damage reduction with no risk of gibbing yourself, DS/DG is even better then before.

DS/DG was already the best choice of "optional" talents for progression tanking. Hopefully now we'll get less debates from shitheads who derail threads about the optional talent points for protection specs.

Re: Does Divine Sacrifice / Divine Guardian Become the mandatory filler for prot?

Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau
    Divine Sacrifice is party only. NO one cares about DSac.
    I hope you're kidding. Dsac has amazing potential for tanks and basically means any ret paladins will get put in group 1 to give the tanks an additional CD.

You should get them IMO.

3.3 nerfs it quite a bit, and will hurt 25 mans harder, but with a bit of thought put into the makeup of each group, it shuold not hurt too much.

CURRENTLY it is ridiculously useful. Anub final phase for example (if you are OTing it), this would make things ridiculously easier on healers (combine with bubble, which you should almost always do).

As someone stated earlier, it basically makes your party immortal. they take almost a third less damage (Yes, I know it is a bit less than that). And if your healers can already keep up pretty well, this would make it VERY easy on them to top someone off or give them a chance to battle res people and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

I would contend that DS (and DG) are too valuable to ignore for ANY spec.

Divine Sacrifice, on conjuncture with bubble (on rets or holys) is ridiculously overpowered. Granted, next patch it will become more of a Prot Talent(especially when all tanks are in the same group), but even then it limits raid damage drastically. I refer to it as my "raid-wall", both when I'm healing and when I'm tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    3.3 nerfs it quite a bit, and will hurt 25 mans harder, but with a bit of thought put into the makeup of each group, it shuold not hurt too much.

CURRENTLY it is ridiculously useful. Anub final phase for example (if you are OTing it), this would make things ridiculously easier on healers (combine with bubble, which you should almost always do).
    This. The unfortunate nature of the 3.3 Nerf could also conceivably be called a buff, however. A talent that was once possibly lethal now is removed when you drop below 20%.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I would hardly call these points filler; their raid value necessitates them in many situations.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cairne&n=Carexis

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    You should get them IMO.

As someone stated earlier, it basically makes your party immortal. they take almost a third less damage (Yes, I know it is a bit less than that). And if your healers can already keep up pretty well, this would make it VERY easy on them to top someone off or give them a chance to battle res people and so on.
    I dont believe it's that heavy of a nerf. Ya we can't absorb as much when we use it, but we can use it more often and can really help prevent tank gibbing. I see it as a buff due to how much more i can use it without gimping my dps