Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: [My Raid Idea] The Grand Observatory

Oi mate fuck these ideas of applying for Blizzard... Make youre own MMO and get rid of WoW yea

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkie
    Hello Sanctity.

The first I'd like to point out, a very impressive work you've done! If one could just have the same sense of awesome, that you've put into your work.
    I find your idea very good, and new, and it difinitely sounds like something the World of Warcraft community would love, and like to see implemented.

Out of personal interest, I have one question!

What is the course of the Titans/Bosses to be unfriendly, and why do the heroes of Azeroth seek to detroy the tranquillity within the Observatory?
    Please tell me you work for blizzard!I mean the way you're talking to him just makes you sound like a blizzard Employee.

If Blizz is going to steal this idea (Theres always a jackass Blizz ninja crawling on the forums of WoW sites) Id go and ask Blizzard money

Quote Originally Posted by DaLeetPawner
    If Blizz is going to steal this idea (Theres always a jackass Blizz ninja crawling on the forums of WoW sites) Id go and ask Blizzard money
    The reason they're posted here is because here there isn't a waiver before posting, i retain copyright on all this. That and the Official forums are a cesspit of failure.
    Sanctity, level 110 Blood elf protection Paladin of <Fallout> on Tarren Mill EU

10+ Year Old Account

I love everything about this!
    But i don't think it will ever become a real raid, simply because, we all know about it now you should have went directly to Blizzard with this when it was complete, instead of sharing it with the rest of the wow community.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

If i ninja delete this will that make it better =P?
    I never really intended this to appear ingame, It was just somthing I felt like doing. Anyway, I can use it on my portfolio when the time comes to apply to Blizz, Then I can design somthing new and even better as part of the Blizzard team! /dream. :

Just an idea I had for Phase 2 of the first boss, but I think it would work. Since Physical dps classes all use resources other than mana, Rage for warriors, energy for rogues, rage/energy for feral druids, focus for hunters etc, You could make the shields react based on if the player hitting the target uses mana as a resource.

This would also work for ret paladins and enhance shamans because if I remember correctly blizzard is adding methods of ensuring the two specs use a different resource for dpsing other than mana.

This would simplify it down to "Mana based classes Deal X% reduced damage to this target." and "Non-Mana based classes Deal X% reduced damage to this target."

Just my Two cents.

*Edit: Meant to say Phase 2, not 1.*
    A Tank's Best Friend since 2005.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-a-Raid-boss./ Fear My Mighty Walls of Text.

Thats one way of doing it, I'd prefer the ranged / melee split as it is usually more even but the mana / non-mana split would be easier to implement.

added a changelog at the bottem to keep track of updates. Thanks for all the feedback so far.

He likes to make Raids, I like to design raid bosses. Hmm!! Maybe a good combo if we team'd up? I dunno, someone go check my forum thread. Design your own Boss! Just a forum to create bosses, so far I've put Injek The Shadowseeker. Adding more, and I hope to see more of Sanc's raid made up and what not... That made sense I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mongral
    This would also work for ret paladins and enhance shamans because if I remember correctly blizzard is adding methods of ensuring the two specs use a different resource for dpsing other than mana.
    I think you got it wrong, they are making mana a non-issue, because melee shouldn't be worried about resources. I may be wrong, but the last time I read a GM talking aboyut this subject, he even stated that they wound't like to replace mana, as it would feel starnge to have 2 resources in 1 class
    I don´t play wow
    Wow plays me

Just a post to keep this updated, I've decided after much thought to take this as a 1st draft and to redo lots of the stuff i'm not entirely happy with. This means I'm rewriting from scratch all of the boss fights although the setting and over-arcing story are the same to i get to recycle alot of text regarding those including the whole introduction. The concepts expressed here will probably still feature in this new draft but by the time they reemerge from the mixer of my creative process they almost certainly won't look like they do now as fights.

Just though I'd tell you how I've decided to play it. Thanks again for all the feedback and positive support, I won't be updating the OP anymore as I'm not updating my version of it either. However if you wish to suggest boss mechanics or ask me anything about my project feel free, I'll keep track of this thread and try to keep you posted on how the project is coming along.

Just to add, for all of you who pointed out the flaws with the first boss or said he was too complicated, I have devised a whole new first boss! The idea of High Gatekeeper Tysander will be broken down so it's spirit may, possibly, be conserved in other encounters.

bump

Wow man..

thats alot of work

/kudos

apply to work for blizz =D

Quote Originally Posted by GrkSiNNer
    Wow man..
    thats alot of work
    /kudos
    apply to work for blizz =D
    Thanks for your support, It took as long as i wanted it too if i'm honest.

Updated the OP with the info on what i've decided to do with the ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    Do you work for blizzard?
    If yes:
    You realize you can get fired/sued potentially for leaking this info?
    IF no:
    FUCKING APPLY, NOW.

Gravity Crunch: this debuff causes very high damage after 15 seconds divided between the debuffed person and anyone within 8 yards of them. This requires people to stack up and divide the damage.
    This should cause a slowing effect much like chains of ice to anyone who approaches within 8 yards- as a way to alert you that your close enough to share the damage and to add that "gravity" feel.

On hard mode it would make it much more lethal when the slowing effect slowly wears off and your trying to get out of the voidzone

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2089
    This should cause a slowing effect much like chains of ice to anyone who approaches within 8 yards- as a way to alert you that your close enough to share the damage and to add that "gravity" feel.

On hard mode it would make it much more lethal when the slowing effect slowly wears off and your trying to get out of the voidzone
    hmmm, i like the idea of a slow but the idea is to let people move out of the void zone. I'm thinking that (HM only) the person with the bomb gets a slow that scales up over the 15 seconds meaning others have to move to them rather than the afflicted moving to people. Then when the bomb explodes all those people within 8 yards are pulled to the person with the bomb (ie the centre of the voidzone if you're on HM) to show a gravity effect.

Bump