Disc priest + Mage

Hey, playing Disc priest + Mage at 1.7k rating (started 2 days ago) and having problems with Rogues and Hunters, Disc priest + Rogue are almost impossible for us, I can't burst down the Rogue because the priest is healing and if the Rogue is on me he puts so much pressure I can't burst him down. I'm pretty good geared, my priest is okay-ish though.

I don't really know what to do, the Rogue starts on me, I get him off, ice lance for the stacks then WE + deep freeze, the priest is spamming dispel on him etc, after a while it's pretty hard to get him off when he's pillar hugging.

Hunters are almost impossible aswell, they do insane burst on me and if you almost got them they deterrence or feign death, trap silence shot or scatter shot, I try to keep them close and use frost nova as much as possible but after a while they just get me down.. Don't really know what to do here either.

Would appreciate some tips

Re: Disc priest + Mage

For rogue/priest I usually sheep the rogue and lay a blanket CS on the priest so he can't dispel it. Get some distance from the rogue and sheep the priest. You need to stay away from him as much as possible. Its almost an instant win for us if the rogue goes on my priest because I'm free to make the priest my bitch while the rogue is in 50 snares.

As for hunters.. we don't usually win unless we get a really really good opener on their healer. Try to fear them both out into the open and get a Frostbolt+Pet Nova+Deep Freeze burst on the healer. Your priest has to spam mass dispel the whole time during this if its a pally. Maybe sheep the hunter when hes feared with the healer, or just sheep him if it missed for whatever reason.

I'm playing the setup around 2300 and still going up with it, so I'l see if I can be to any help. This will be a lot to read as I'm trying to help you, so everyone else who dont want to know a functional tactic; dont read this. It will be a wall of text, I'm aware of that. I'l do my best at explaining how we do against the setups, and it's atleast working for us.

Against priest rogue, our tactic varies depending on if they attack the mage, or me(the priest). If they attack me, it really is all about getting a FAST sheep on the priest, and make sure its going to be full duration. Sheeping the rogue/freezing him wont help at all unless the priest is CCd in some way. Think of it as if the priest is free and dispels your priest, your priest mate will die really fast as he will get of the shields.

So basicly, a fast sheep on the priest to force either a trinket from him, or a clos from the rogue (your priest need to keep atleast one dot up on him here). After clos and the priests trinket has been used, you wait for diminishing return, rinse and repeat. It's kinda easy if you get some fast cc on the opponent priest and if your priest is good at fakecasting some kicks to survive.

If the rogue goes on the mage, try to kite him towards the opponent priest while your priest follows. When they are close together, tell your priest to fear them both. This will even if they trinket or wotf give you time enough to frostnova-->sheep their priest, astablish some distance and get some damage into the rogue, pretty much making it your fight. Remember that being offensive is your best way to survive, the more damage you and more importantly your priest gets out, the less time the opponent priest will have to dispel the rogue, giving you an advantage. Tell your priest to dispel power word shield of the rogue fast.

Against hunter+healer, well it differs depending on what healer. Against hunter+priest we try to first of all dispel the priest fast(keep dispelling shields/renew) pop cooldowns, and start damaging him. The priest should while you burst the priest manaburn as much as possible. During this time the priest should be so pressured, that he will have problem dispelling the hunter from fear/polymorphs as you should put out. When he's oom, do your best to freeze shadowfiend from giving him mana. Otherwise keep manaburning/damaging him untill he dies, basicly. If the hunter is getting out to much damage, you can sheep the priest and go for him for a while, making him go defensive.

Hunter+druid is usually a long fight for us, and it can be hard if they are really good at maintaining CC. What we try to do is starting up with sheeping the hunter, deepfreeze druid and start manaburning him. Either the hunter or the druid usually uses trinket here. If the hunter doesn't trinket, your mage can get some damage out on the druid. If he does trinket, fear the druid and get some damage out on the hunter. These matches kinda differ from time to time for us. Sometimes we win by manaburning the druid and killing him. In some games we force a trinket from both by fears/deepfreezes, try to get a fear followed by an improved counterspell on the druid; killing the hunter in a deepfreeze. Something to remember is that killing the hunters pet will usually be easy and will help you a lot in this fight, try to help your priest drinking as often as possible. Remember that you probably can sheep the hunter in this fight more than you actually do.

I hope that some of this may help you atleast. If its something that needs to be clarified just tell me and I'l try explaining it further. Good luck

Watch my NEW SPRIEST/MAGE 2700 rated arena movie s8
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=164387
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Watch my first Priest/Mage 2500rated arena movie s7
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=137765
    - Lightdoom

gr8 info there also helped my arena team thanks.

Nice post fireheart