Re: Design Your Own Raid Boss!

Name: Shalaman the Unstoppable
    Race: Undead Orc
    Class: Shaman/Warrior/Deathknight/Paladin/hunter mix
    Health: (25-Man) 89,000,000,000, (10-Man) 13,000,000,000
    Damage: 37005-70035 10 man 67005-130005 25 man

Abilities:
    Death Touch: Instantly kills your target
    Finger of Death: Kills 5 players in a 20 yard radius ( Chain Spell )
    Berserk: Removes all debuffs and reduces damage taken by 50%
    The Beast Within: Transforming into a fearfull bear. Increasing damage done by 30%, Movement speed by 50% and damage taken reduced by 50%
    Wrathless Tendris: Spinning around fiering red beams of light on evreyone within a 50 yard radius dealing 17000-35000 damage per 2 second. Interruptable
    Demon Form: Transforming into a demon ( Illidan Demon W3ish ) Increases Health by 2000%, Damage by 5000%. Damage taken by 7000% and 100% Critical chance. Lasts for 5 seconds or untill Shalaman has casted Legionball 5 times
    Legionball ( Demonform ): Casting a Legionball on a random raid member. Dealing 5000 damage over time each 1 second. lasts 15 seconds
    Legionball ( Normal Form ): Casting a Ball of fire on the current target ( that should be tank ) Dealing 10000 damage per 3 sec, lasts for 15 seconds. 2 second cast ( Interruptable )
    Speeding Strikes: Gaining Speeding strikes will allow you to hit evreyone around you in a 5 yard radius for 15000 damage (Dispellable)
    Burrow: Burrows into the ground. If anyone is around you within 10 yards when you burrow they instantly die.
    Hand of Death ( Burrowed ) 200,000 HP: Your hand comes out of the ground. Taking the nearest raid member and holding them dealing 3000 damage per second. The hand will kill the target instantly when 15 seconds have passed. Anyone attacking the hand will get hit for 500 damage per 0.5 seconds or untill they stop attacking
    Submerge: Burrow out of the ground. Instantly killing anyone within a 5 yard radius. 3 second cast. Makes an earthquake effect before comming up.
    Bottle 'o Pain: Casts a bottle at the enemy, Silencing them for 20 seconds. If moving away 10 yards within 3 seconds this effect wont give any harm.
    Cleave: Instantly hits anyone within 5 yard of the current target for 15000 and 7000 bleed damage
    Oblivion: Dealing 10000 to 15000 damage to evreyone within 100 yards. 2 second cast. Not interruptable
    Berserk: Dealing 5% more damage. Used evrey 30 seconds. Limit: 150
    Shatter: Shattering the target. Making them take 20% more damage from pshycical attacks. At 20 stacks instantly kills the target
    Breaking your Bones: Breaking the targets bones, Cannot dodge, parry or block
    Blade of the Scrouge: 5 second cast. Dealing 1750000 to 1950000 damage to anyone in a 10 yard frontal cone. This ability shatters all damage reducing buffs before casted.
    Chaos Controll: Stopping time for 5 seconds. The boss becomes invisible after used chaos controll.
    Ambush ( Chaos Control ): After 5 seconds. the boss will ambush a random target. dealing 17000 damage and a 5000 damage bleed.
    Insane: Beams of light come from the sky and hitting the boss. The boss will increase damage done by 7000% for 5 seconds ( all cds nao ! )

Enrage timer: 15 minutes

Adds:
    Guard of the Unstoppable: 700,000 HP 17000-17000 damage.
    Abilities:
    Slash: Dealing 10000 damage to the target. 5 sec cooldown

Highlord Selagor the Stoppable: 1700,000 HP 27000-28000 damage.
    Abilities:
    Alpha Strike: Dealing 7000 damage to 5 random raid members
    Meditate: Healing for 20% of his health each 2 second. Interruptable
    Style of the Wuju: After 2 minutes. The add goes into a berserk. increasing attack speed by 170000% and movement speed by 500%

Phase 1: Shalaman is normal. His damage is calm and hes just a tank and spank. dodge blade of the scrouge and cleave etc
    P2: Going into Bear form. Tanks must stack or else the boss will instantly kill the tank if theres only one ( Pref 4 tanks )
    P3: Going into Demon form. casting legionball on 5 random members. this phase will appear each 1 minute
    P4: Burrowing into the ground, Summoning Highlord Selagor and Guards of the Unstoppable. Must be downed before the boss submerges ( 2 min )
    P5: To avoid death touch you simply have to be pro
    P6: Enrage, Die die die!

Aggro: "Why hello little friends. Ive been waiting for a feast! Come join me! Oh wait, Youre the feast.. Ahaha!"
    Bear form: Ana'sha'Kiesh! Ill feast on your bones!
    Demon Form: WHO HAS AWOKEN ME?! YOU SHALL PAY THE ULTIMATE PRICE!
    Kill 1: Oh, youre leaving already?
    Kill 2: I. AM. UNSTOPPABLE!
    Summon Selagor: Come Selagor. Theyre waiting for you
    Summon Guard: You there! Kill something and ill reward you!
    Death 1: Ill..eat..you..in..HELL!
    Death 2: How unfortunate. i have to leave already.

Achievements:

Death to the Unstoppable: Slay Shalaman the Unstoppable Title Reward: the Unstoppable
    I guess hes stoppable: Kill Shalaman the Unstoppable without anyone dieing Pet: Mini Illidan Demon form Mount: Invicible Title: the Undefeatable
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

Quote Originally Posted by Quirinus
    Could I give some feedback on this one?
    I really like the way you designed the encounter, and it could potentially become a very decent encounter, should blizzard pick up some ideas from this.
    Couple of things I'd like to point out though.
    Phase 2, the drowning part, undeads would have a significant advantage over other players, with increased breath, along with shamans and warlocks with unending breath. Besides this, there is also pots for this, which would make P2 kinda of a pushover. Perhaps it should be another effect than drowning.
    Something like a fatigue like buff, with players dying at the end, and it should obviously get removed the minute the crack kills, as some guilds might struggle on the dps at first, meaning players would die while the water is running out.
    Yea thats a good point, the debuff would have to be fatigue like
    and it would be removed once the crack is removed, or they could always swim to the top as its draining

10+ Year Old Account

I'd like to battle some very HUUGE boss. And one thing you must do to beat the boss is to stay away from the boss feets etc. A boss where his own body is the weapon, in a totally new way.

Scenario, you are fighting this huge boss, and the boss takes a step forward, now you must be carefull not to be crushed beneath its feets.

I could probably come up with more than this, but this is the basic idea
    Vol'jin fanboy

Name: -
    Race: -
    Class: -
    Health: -
    Damage: -

Ablities: Frost Gaze: 3 seconds cast. 10000y range.
    All enemies curently facing the boss are affected Petrified for 50 seconds.
    Plasma Hit: 3 seconds cast. 5y range.
    Hits 1 enemy for 100% of they're maximum HP. Cast on the person with highest aggro. Must be interupted or the tank dies.
    Solid Blood: instant cast. 5y range.
    Target is affected by Solid Blood. Solid blood reduces damage taken by 10%. Stacks 5 times. Lasts 100 seconds.
    When 5 stacks are reached target is Petrified for 1 minute.
    Petrified: Target cannot move, attack or cast spells and is immune to everything except Petrify. Cannot be dispeled.
    Shatter: All enemies within 100y get damaged for 10% of their maximum hp every 2 seconds for 30 seconds during which the Stone Acolytes are stuned.. The boss reveals his true raged form.

Add: Stone Acolyte: Hits really hard. Must be tanked by a tank affected by Solid Blood.
    Spike Volley: Deals 10.000 damage to all enemies within 100y range. 20 sec cd. instant

p1: In the room there are 5 statues. The ideea is to destroy these statues before boss enters the room.

p2: Phase 2 begins 1 minute after your group attacks the first statue. Boss enters room. Needs to be tanked.
    Any statue still remaining will Wake up, turning into a Stone Acolyte.
    • Every 45 seconds the boss will cast Frost Gaze.
    • 5 seconds after each Frost Gaze, the boss will cast Plasma Hit.
    • Every 10 seconds the boss will cast Solid Blood on the person with the highest aggro.
    • Every 50 seconds there will be a Stone Acolyte spawning in the room.

p3: Phase 3 starts when the boss reaches 20%. The boss will cast Shatter and then every 5 seconds a person in the raid (except highest 3 in aggro) will be affected by Stone Gaze.
    The ideea is to finish the boss off before too many healers get petrified and the tanks die.

Tactic: In phase 1 you must detroy all 5 statues or The Stone Acolyte that will spawn from one of them will hit too hard for a tank to be able to handle it (unless some uber timing with cooldowns. shield wall, divine sacrifice, pain surpression etc).
    In phase 2 the tanks must switch when one of them has 4 stacks. The one with 4 stacks must go pick up the add. You need 3 tanks for this fight.
    Each tank will get to tank boss and get 4 stacks of Solid Blood. Another tank must taunt boss so the first tank dosnt get the 5th stack. Adds must be killed fast enough so you get to dps the boss aswell.
    In phase 3 you must ignore dps on adds and nuke boss fucking hard. Pop BL/Hero.

Heroic Difficulty: Random celing falls around the room that damage anyone foolish enough to stand under it. 10 seconds before each Frost Gaze the boss will trow 2-3 Stone Parasites at random players. Stone Parasites have 10k HP and keep the players they hit stuned until they are killed. Players affected by Stone Parasites must be released asap or they wont be able to face away at Frost Gaze. Also some more HP and damage for the boss and the Stone Acolytes.

Achievements: "My family hates me": Get Petrified while affected by Stone Parasite.
    "Shield wall is up!": Defeat the boss after not destroying at least 1 statue before the boss enters
    the room.
    "That was a close one": Defeat the boss after at least 20 people get petrified by the boss' true
    form.
    "Shattered: take two": Defeat 2 Stone acolytes withing 5 seconds of each other.

feedback?
    Last edited by nort; 2020-08-12 at 01:09 PM.

Last time I saw one of these threads I went to town and spent quite a while designing a complex and interesting raid boss encounter. I put it in a document and put it up on scribd.com, a document posting site. Instead of coping and pasting all the stuff into this thread (I can't copy and paste the graphics, anyway), here is the link to my raid boss design, the Ice Giant: http://www.scribd.com/doc/19154651/I...d-Boss-Concept

10+ Year Old Account

Name: Ymerus the Worldbreaker
    Race: Undead Valkyr
    Class: ???
    Health: 6870,0000,0000 10 man 12030,0000,0000 25 man
    Damage: 67000-87000
    Weapon: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30316#.

Abilities:
    Eye of Ymerus: Summons the Eye of Ymerus. 1 min CD
    Sonic Wing: Fiering a Sonic Wing. Killing anyone in a frontal cone. 3 sec cast 30 sec CD
    War Stomp: Dealing 11500 to 17500 damage to anyone within 10 yards 3 sec cast
    Call of Death: Summons 10 Valkyr Spirits. 1 Min CD
    The Soulflayer: Dealing 45000 damage to the current target. 15 sec CD 2 sec cast ( Uninterruptable )
    The Undead Within: Transforming into a supreme undead valkyr. Summoning 6 arms and 4 weapons. Increase damage by 50% and attackspeed by 30% for 30 seconds
    Shattering stomp: Summons 5 Dead Spirits. If touching a player all the dead spirits will enrage. Increasing damage by 60000% ( Kinda like Icehowl but with adds )
    Cosmic Smash: Summons an Blue Fireball. Ymerus takes it and charges it. Then casting it on the current target. Dealing 100,000 damage 2 min CD. Reflectable. Not interruptable
    Beastly eyes: Ymerus eyes turn red. Then fiering red beams of light. Killing anything they touch
    Daemon form: Transforming into a demon ( Illidan BTish ) For 15 seconds. Ymerus will increase damage done by 81000%.
    Killing Frenzy ( Daemon Form ): Increases Ymerus attackspeed by 700%
    Shatter ( Daemon Form ) Shattering any damage reducing abilities and removes the chance to block/dodge/parry 5 sec cast
    Whirlwind: Whirlwind for 20 seconds. killing anyone this touches
    Death Star: Summoning a star. If not killed within 5 seconds it will explode for 23000 damage
    Monsterous Rage: Increasing attack speed by 20%. stacks upto 50 times 30 sec cooldown
    Might of the Worldbreaker: Shatters parts of the room each 1 minute. used 15 times then you will fall into hell
    Stairway to Hell: Smashing the ground. making evreyone fall and die ( Enrage ) Anyone in hell will die instantly

Adds:
    Eye of Ymerus 37,000,000 HP. 15000-17000 damage 0.50 attackspeed. Tank and spank
    Death Star: 50,000 HP. Explodes dealing 23000 damage if not killed in 5 sec
    Dead Spirit: 7000,0000,0000 HP 760000-890000 damage. Dissapear if touching the wall
    Valkyr Spirit: 7600,000 HP 21000-23000 damage. Exploding for 100000000 damage if not killed in 30 seconds

P1: Tank and spank. Kill eye of ymerus, Dodge sonic wing, heal tank trought soulflayer etc.
    P2: Shattering stomp, Dodge Dead spirits or you wipe the raid. After this P1 begins again
    P3: Kill Valkyr Spirits and reflect Cosmic Smash n Whirlwind. He still uses P1 abilities
    P4 Daemon Form: Survive the daemon form. If one target dies. 10 other people die

15 min berserk. Then Stairway to hell

If anyone dies while Ymerus is in Daemon form he will heal for 20%
    Aggro: Ahh, youve found me? now you will die!
    Ymerus eye: My eye, Come here! Blast these filthy creatures away!
    Shattering Stomp: Spirits of the dead, I Summon you! Come dine on their flesh!
    Death Star Explode: Boom! ahaha!
    Whirlwind: You spin me right round baby right round!
    Daemon form: No... no not yet! dont come forth!! ah!! Well, You seek the Daemon Lord? I will send you to hell!
    Cosmic Smash: This blue rock will be your destiny!
    Kill 1: Weakling.
    Kill 2: Is this a joke?
    Death: No.. it cant be.. i .. cant.. die..noo!
    Enrage: I WILL SEND YOU TO HELL!

Achievements

Fall of the Worldbreaker: Kill the Ymerus the Worldbreaker without anyone dying Title Reward: the Worldbreaker

Worldbreaker? Hah!: Kill the Worldbreaker without anyone taking any kind of AOE damage Mount reward: Eye of Ymerus Pet: Eye of Ymerus Title: , Mights Demise
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

Deleted

Here is a little raid boss I designed last week in my lunch break. So he´s not that great^^

Boss fight: Tarkus and Mogras

Tarkus (the same Model as Thaddius) 14 Million Life Points

1 Million Damage on Tanks. Movement Speed Decreased by 60%.

Attacks random players. Every time he changes his target he will emote and it will take him 4 seconds.

Static Discharge(3 seconds casttime): Deals 1 Million Damage to all players, who are standing inside Water.

Thunderclap: The Boss hits the floor, which deals 13k Damage to all players. It also let huge rocks fall down from the ceiling. These rocks deal 20k Damage and stun for 10 seconds. The place of Impact is shown through little void zones on the floor.

Thunder Overload (3 seconds casttime): Tarkus shoots lightings in an angle of 180 degrees in front of him. This lightning’s deal 10k Damage per second. Thunder overload is active for 12 seconds.

Thunderbolt: Deals 10k Damage to 7 different Targets. Has a cooldown of 12 seconds.

Mogras, Creator of Tarkus: 11 Million Life Points

25k damage on Tank. Attackspeed: 1,7

Unholy Rune: Creates seven Unholy Runes in the room. If there’s is no one standing inside them within 8 seconds Mogras will heal himself for 50% of his Health Points. But if all runes are filled in the proper time all players inside them will receive 12k Damage. This ability has a cooldown of 35 seconds.

Unholy Shield: The Boss surrounds himself with an unholy shield. This shield throws every attack back and lasts for 7 seconds. He uses this ability every 30seconds.

Unholy Hammer: The Boss throws his Hammer at a random player and creates a vortex on this place. The Vortex continuously grows until it has a diameter of 30 meters. It will deal 8k Damage per second to every player inside and despawn when a new vortex is created. This ability has a cooldown of 25 seconds.

Unholy Shock: Deals 12k Damage to a random target. Is used every 8seconds.

If Tarkus or Mogras is killed the other begins to cast a nova which kills all players after 10 seconds.

Achievments:
    Unholy Defense: Kill Tarkus and Mogras without any player receiving damage through Unholy Shield.
    Not lonely anymore: Kill Mogras and Tarkus in 5 seconds of eachother.
    Perfect Score: Kill Tarkus and Mogras without anyone receiving damage through Static Discharge, Thunder Overload or Falling Rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by nort
    Name: -
    Race: -
    Class: -
    Health: -
    Damage: -

Ablities: Frost Gaze: 3 seconds cast. 10000y range.
    All enemies curently facing the boss are affected Petrified for 50 seconds.
    Plasma Hit: 3 seconds cast. 5y range.
    Hits 1 enemy for 100% of they're maximum HP. Cast on the person with highest aggro. Must be interupted or the tank dies.
    Solid Blood: instant cast. 5y range.
    Target is affected by Solid Blood. Solid blood reduces damage taken by 10%. Stacks 5 times. Lasts 100 seconds.
    When 5 stacks are reached target is Petrified for 1 minute.
    Petrified: Target cannot move, attack or cast spells and is immune to everything except Petrify. Cannot be dispeled.
    Shatter: All enemies within 100y get damaged for 10% of they're maximum hp every 2 seconds for 30 seconds during which the Stone Acolytes are stuned.. The boss reveals he's true raged form.

Add: Stone Acolyte: Hits really hard. Must be tanked by a tank affected by Solid Blood.
    Spike Volley: Deals 10.000 damage to all enemies within 100y range. 20 sec cd. instant

p1: In the room there are 5 statues. The ideea is to destroy these statues before boss enters the room.

p2: Phase 2 begins 1 minute after your group attacks the first statue. Boss enters room. Needs to be tanked.
    Any statue still remaining will Wake up, turning into a Stone Acolyte.
    • Every 45 seconds the boss will cast Frost Gaze.
    • 5 seconds after each Frost Gaze, the boss will cast Plasma Hit.
    • Every 10 seconds the boss will cast Solid Blood on the person with the highest aggro.
    • Every 50 seconds there will be a Stone Acolyte spawning in the room.

p3: Phase 3 starts when the boss reaches 20%. The boss will cast Shatter and then every 5 seconds a person in the raid (except highest 3 in aggro) will be affected by Stone Gaze.
    The ideea is to finish the boss off before too many healers get petrified and the tanks die.

Tactic: In phase 1 you must detroy all 5 statues or The Stone Acolyte that will spawn from one of them will hit too hard for a tank to be able to handle it (unless some uber timing with cooldowns. shield wall, divine sacrifice, pain surpression etc).
    In phase 2 the tanks must switch when one of them has 4 stacks. The one with 4 stacks must go pick up the add. You need 3 tanks for this fight.
    Each tank will get to tank boss and get 4 stacks of Solid Blood. Another tank must taunt boss so the first tank dosnt get the 5th stack. Adds must be killed fast enough so you get to dps the boss aswell.
    In phase 3 you must ignore dps on adds and nuke boss fucking hard. Pop BL/Hero.

Heroic Difficulty: Random celing falls around the room that damage anyone follish enough to stand under it. 10 seconds before each Frost Gaze the boss will trow 2-3 Stone Parasites at random players. Stone Parasites have 10k HP and keep the players they hit stuned until they are killed. Players affected by Stone Parasites must be released asap or they wont be able to face away at Frost Gaze. Also some more HP and damage for the boss and the Stone Acolytes.

Achievements: "My family hates me": Get Petrified while affected by Stone Parasite.
    "Shield wall is up!": Defeat the boss after not destroying at least 1 statue before the boss enters
    the room.
    "That was a close one": Defeat the boss after at least 20 people get petrified by the boss' true
    form.
    "Shattered: take two": Defeat 2 Stone acolytes withing 5 seconds of each other.

feedback?
    I like it! it would be alittle too unforgiving in normal mode as it is but the idea is excellent, a few numerical tweaks and it'd be fantastic.
    Sanctity, level 110 Blood elf protection Paladin of <Fallout> on Tarren Mill EU

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Not a detailed description. more-less tuned for 100k of single target raid dps.

Class: Mage.
    no threat table.

2m HP on 25.
    5m Mana on 25.
    Abilities.
    1) Evocation, no cooldown, arcane, 3 second cast, casted if mana falls to 0%. Restores 100% of mana. uninterruptable. HEROIC: is casted once every 1 minute.
    2) Mana shield. Absorbs all damage, uses 1 mana for each 1 damage absorbed. Active if mana is above 0. (a permanent buff, not an instant cast)
    3) Arcane Missiles. channeled, 5 seconds, interruptable if mana shield is not active. interrupt can locks arcane school for up to 3 seconds (2 on heroic) , preventing evocation. and forcing to start a different cast, thus increasing hp burn time.
    4) Arcane explosion. 10 (heroic:5) second cast. Casted after 5 minutes. Wipes the raid
    *) summon adds.
    *) cast nuke
    *) cast aoe

Adds include:
    Shadow Priest.
    Mind controls a player, increasing damage healing. If a healer is MCd, he heals Boss as top priority.

The main idea is that you won't be able to burn all of HP between shields, and you really need to concentrate burst dps within that time. You may want to time going from 1% to 0% mana with arcane missile cast to give you extra seconds of burn.
    Adds buildup over the fight and you need to clean them up every 2 minutes, while watching for MC'd healers.
    Enrage ability provides extra seconds of "burn" if you time your last 0 mana phase with it's cast.
    Heroic renews shiled once every minute, so you really need to alternate between burning boss and killing adds.
    I'd consider this to be a hard boss, as it requires a very well timed "stop dps", "max burst" executions.

for quite a while i've been toying around with game design concepts in my free time (coming up with attribute and gearing systems, combat systems etc) and this includes some boss ideas. below is one that i tweaked to fit into the workings of wow.

this encounter is not designed for a raid but rather a post launch release 5man dungeon/heroic instance as the difficulty would be greater than the typical non raid bosses.

the boss itself would be a beast, or beast like elemental resembling a very large and angry armadillo with a clubbed tail much like that of an ankylosaurus but more exaggerated. it's back would be covered in either thick scales or a shell. i imaged it could be a fun onyxia style 5man dungeon/heroic with a few mandatory trash pulls before a large boss. i will refer to the boss as 'armored beast'.

to keep things simple in terms of tuning, i'm not going to be using any finite numbers but rather percentages of values (ie instead of it's normal damage being x amount, it will be based on a % of average non tank player max health and assuming wearing little armor for minimal damage reduction).

normal encounter
    ideally this would be a 3 to 5 minute fight on normal difficulty.

armored beast's damage = 75% of average non tank player's max health after figuring leather armor.

there are 2 primary phases that armored beast will alternate between during the entire fight (offensive and defensive) and a 3rd lesser transitional phase (angered).

offensive phase: during this phase armored beast has access to all of it's attacking abilities and is free to move about.

frenzied gaze: this is active during the offensive phase. armored beast will target one person at random standing farther than 40 yards from armored beast and apply a debuff to the target signifying they are the 'gaze target'. every 2 seconds while someone is a 'gaze target', armored beast will give an audible cue. after the 3rd sounding (6 seconds) armored beast will use crushing roll.

crushing roll: armored beast rolls into a ball and charges the 'gaze target' dealing 100% damage, then charging back to the previous target dealing 100% damage + damage dealt to the 'gaze target'. when hit by crushing roll targets suffer a 1 second stun and are given 2 applications each of gushing wound and battered armor debuffs. instant, no cooldown.

gushing wound: deals 4% average non tank's max health every 2 seconds. does not expire while in combat with armored beast. no limit of applications.

battered armor: reduces armor by 15% and all resistances by 30. does not expire while in combat with armored beast. maximum of 5 applications.

bite: deals 200% damage to it's target. instant, 3 second cooldown.

claw: deals 100% damage to it's target. instant, no cooldown. basically auto-attack.

slash: 30° frontal cleave dealing 75% damage to all targets and one application of gushing wound. instant, 6 second cooldown.

thrash: deals 150% damage to it's target and causes a 30 yard knockback. after using this armored beast gains killer instinct. instant, 20 second cooldown.

killer instinct: armored beast deals 10,000% more damage. lasts 1 second.

tail smash: 180° rear tail swipe dealing 75% damage, 10 yard knockback with 1 second stun on landing, and one application each of gushing wound and battered armor. 4 second non interruptible cast (must be stationary), no cooldown.

brutal whip: armored beast gives a 6 second warning by raising it's tail very high (during this time tail smash cannot be used) while casting brutal whip. it then becomes immobile and spinns around 3 times (once per second) using it's tail as a whirlwind type attack. each hit deals 100% damage and a 5 yard knockback. this ability has a 20 yard radius from armored beast. 6 second cast time, 1 minute cooldown. the cooldown is triggered on entering offensive phase.

defensive phase:
    during this phase armored beast deals 50% less direct damage, and is immobile. in addition armored beast only has access to the following offensive abilities: bite, claw, slash, tail smash.

fortified: active while in defensive phase, causes armored beast to take 50% less damage.

hardened scales/shell: armored beast gains one application of this buff every time it enters it's defensive phase. reduces damage taken by 5%. does not expire while in combat. no limit of applications.

shielding: armored beast tucks itself under it's scales/shell. 50% chance to reflect spells and immune to physical damage. instant, lasts 12 seconds, 1 minute cooldown. entering defensive phase triggers the cooldown. if there are no players within melee range of armored beast for more than 10 seconds the cooldown is reset.

angered phase:
    during this phase armored beast is immobile and has only one attack, tail club. armored beast enters this phase after using either brutal whip or shielding, and after using tail club transitions into either offensive or defensive phase, whichever it was not in last.

tail club: armored beast rushes the 1st person to inflict direct damage once in angered phase and clubs them with it's tail causing 50% damage, 30 yard knockback and 1 application of battered armor. deals 10% more damage per application of hardened scales/shell. instant, no cooldown.

desperation: when armored beast reaches 5% health it fights for it's life. direct damage dealt increased by 25%, 50% reduced chance to be hit with ranged attacks, 25% chance to reflect spells, melee attacks deal 25% damage back to the assailant.

heroic encounter
    heroic version should last roughly 5 minutes or more.
    the fight is primarily the same with the following alterations:

armored beast's damage = 85% of average non tank player's max health after figuring leather armor.

frenzied gaze can target players beyond 30 yards down from 40 yards.

gushing wound deals 6% average non tank's max health every 2 seconds per application up from 4%.

bite deals 225% damage up from 200%.

slash deals 125% damage up from 75%.

thrash is on a 15 second cooldown down from 20 seconds, and deals 175% damage up from 150%.

tail smash deals 100% damage up from 75%, and stuns for 2 seconds after knockback up from 1 second.

brutal whip cast time (and warning) 4 seconds down from 6 seconds and radius 30 yards up from 20 yards.

during defensive phase armored beast deals 75% normal damage up from 50%.

armored beast gains 2 applications of hardened scales/shell at a time.

armored beast gains desperation at 10% health, up from 5%.

Crisis and Brutalbane
    <Brothers in Death>
    Crisis: Blood Elf DK
    Health: 15,000,000 (10 man) 34,000,000 (25)

Brutalbane: Orc DK
    Health: 17,000,000 (10) 35 mil (250

Phase 1: (Crisis) Lasts 30 seconds
    Death and Decay: Places a red circle in a random target dealing 1000 damage per sec to anyone in it. After 5 seconds the it will disappear and a Blood Shade will spawn (100k health) which spams blood boil on random targets dwlaing 10% of their health per diesease on them)
    Icy Touch: Deals 10,000 frost damage and leaves frost blood (disease) slowing casting speed by 50% and dealing 1% of their health pool every 3 seconds (lasts 10 seconds)
    Rotting Jab: Charges at a random target dealing 15,000 damage and leaving a disease called Plauged Bones which reduces regeneration of engery and mana by 20% and deals 3,000 damage per second last 20 secnods.

Phase 2: Brutalbane (lasts till 1% health)
    Runic Axe Throw (3 second cast): Throw his Axe like a boomerang at an target dealing 30,000 damage to any1 who comes into contact with it while glowing red. The path will be shown by a red line and dps will beed to move out the way.
    Raise Dead: Brings fourth a dead enemy to fight for him the ghoul will deal low damage and leap on random target every 5 seconds.
    Corspe Explode: Explodes a corspes on the ground dealing 13,000 spell damage to anyone in a 10 yard radius.
    Gargoyle Storm: Summons any army of Gargoyles which will shoot Scourge Bolt dealing 40,000 damage to anyone who is hit by the bolt. (lasts 10 seconds)
    Anti-Magic Shell: (3 second cast) Summos an anti magic shell around him reducing spell damage taken by 80% and deals 3,000 shadow damage every 5 seconds to anyone who is in it. (Raid members will get the redcued damage buff and the damage de buff) Lasts 15 seconds and it casted before Gargoyle Storm

Phase 3: Crisis (till death)
    Crisis will recieve blood present healing him 1% of damage done and everyone will recieve 1000 damage every 5 seconds for the whole phase. Brutalbane will become a friendly target and will rezz dead party members as ghouls or explode there corspes to deal damage to crisis as well and doing mellee damage to him. If Crisis dies Crisis will enrage and wipe the group. Brtualbane will now by healable.
    Heart Strike: Deals 30,000 damage (10 second cooldown)
    Bloodworms: Summons a small army of bloodworms (health 10,000) who will deal damage to random target for 10 seconds during this they will be unattackable. Each 1,000 damage they deal they will gain blood drain this will stack up. After 10 seconds of attacking Crisis will calla them back. If they reach him he will arbsorb them and be healed for each stack on the bloodworms by 1000. When they are coming back to them they will be killable.
    Rune Blade: Summons a Rune Blade will will peruse a target and when comes into contact will instanty kill them and they choose a new target. Brtualbane will cast Unholy Pressence on the chased target increasing movement spped by 15%. The blade has 140K of health and will pursue till death.
    Hysteria: (Spell Buff) Increase dmage done by Crisis by 50% but he loses 1% of his health every second. (lasts 30 seconds) Whne disppelled Crisis will gain a debuff called Bleeding Sorrow disabling the effects of Blood Pressence and damage form the aoe that alsts the entire phase (lasts 10 seconds)

This boss that I'm about to create will be the hardest boss ever and 90% of the wow population will never defeat it.

"Suicidal Bella"

Health: 10,000,000 (10 man)
    10 minute enrage timer that if it isn't met, she will cast some doom spell and just 1 shot the raid.

NO tanks, NO agro, NO DPS are needed to kill this boss.

Boss starts out with a DoT on her that does 4,000 damage every second to her per person in the raid (making it a 4 minute "perfect" fight).

She casts a spell every second that creates a puddle of shit on the ground. If you stand in said shit, it will heal her for 10,000/second per person standing in it. The way you beat this boss is by NOT STANDING IN SHIT and she will die from the DoT that is on her.

She also has a damage shield on her so you can't DPS her and she will summon a random cast member from Twilight every 30 seconds that will charm raid members into reading twilight books (they are books right?) while standing in puddles of shit. The Twitard adds have 100,000 health and will need to be tanked and dps'd as normal.

I just killed World of Warcraft PUGs. Thank me.

Edit: Numbers

Name: Rune Charged Watcher
    Model: The rune rbot things in ulduar
    Health: (10 man) 20,000,000 (25 man) 33,000,000
    Enrage Timer: 10 minutes
    Phase 1: Runic Powering (occurs every 30 seconds)
    The boss is unattackable during this phase. He will channel 1 spell
    Runic Charge: Draws enery from a Rune Statue until the statue is destroyed. Every 10 seconds of channeling he will gain a stacking buff which will depend on which statue is used.
    Runic Statue Fire: Fire Rune Charege
    Runic Statue Water: Water Runic Charge
    Wind: Wind
    Earth: Earth
    From the statue elementals will spawn each with 30,000 health. (80,000 25) in waves of 5 after 3 waves have been defeated a Elemental Gaurdian will spawn which abilities depend on the statue.
    Fire: Inferno Slash: Deals 10,000 fire damage and reduces armour by 25%
    Water: Water Volley: Deals 12,000 ice damage to everyone and freezes 5 target (10 25) for 3 seconds.
    Earth: Improved Earth shock: Interupts all casting an prevents casting in that school for 5 seconds.
    Wind: Hurricane Flow: Pushback
    When the gaurdian is destroyed the statue will be targatable (40,000 health) and when destroyed phase 2 will begin.
    Phase 2: Power Burst
    Runic Rapid Shot: Shots Runic Blasts at random targets dealing 5,000 damage. This will stop when the boss receives 250k (400k) of damage.
    Runic Beam: (2 second cast) A small purple circle will appear when casting and after the cast has finished a beam ill shot down instantly killing anyone who is in the beam.
    Charge Burst: Removes all stacks of Runic Charge effects depend on type of Runic Charge.
    Fire: Deals 10,000 fire damage per stack to every raid member
    Water: Pool of water will spawn (2 per stack) which have 50,000 health (100k 25) which will spawn un killable water elementals which if come into cnotact will a player will freeze them for 5 seconds.
    Earth: Rocks will fall form the ceiling and when they land dust cloud will spawn anyone in the dust clouds will receive 5,000 damage per 2 seconds (per stack).
    Wind: Summons a typhoon which will move around in the room anyone caught in it will be unable to move or cast. Ths last 10 seconds per stack.
    Phase 3: Runic Loss (when all 4 towers are destroyed)
    Has the same abilities as phase 2 accept the but the Charge Burst. If he has any stacks of a runic charge they will by dispelled. Durnig this phase the towers will slowly restore themselves when they are all rebuilt phase 1 will beign again.

Name:Crombie <Lord of Reanimation>
    Race:Lich (Male)

10 Minute Enrage Timer

Just for imagination purposes, Crombie's room is exactly the same as Archaedas' room in Uldaman. When you enter the room, there will be fifty npc's with the name "Tortured (Insert race here)" (Standing is randomized to this probability: Hostile-30%, Neutral-65%, Friendly-5%). Phase One begins as soon as you engage an NPC in the room.

Oh and by the way, this is tuned for a ten-man encounter.
    Phase 1:
    Crombie yells: Who dares to interfere with my experiments?!

Crombie will enter the room 2 minutes after an NPC is engaged. The key to this phase is to simply survive without killing any Tortured NPC's (I'll explain later). All of the Tortured NPC's start at 80,000 health, and at each 15 sec. interval in Phase 1, they lose 10% of their health. Once two minutes passes, Crombie will teleport into the center of the room and yell:

Oh, how the mighty have fallen...

Crombie then kills all of the Tortured NPC's in the room.

This triggers Phase Two.

Phase Two(100%-0% Mana)

Crombie will be untargetable when he enters the room and will begin a speech.

Crombie says: I was once as you all were. I fought against those who would betray my kingdom, those who would challenge justice, and those who would challenge my heritage...Times were excellent...until the Scourge came. They forced back my nation and I stood in the front lines against them, only to be stripped of my life...

Crombie says: They soon ressurected me as the monstrosity you see before you. When Arthas nearly lost his life, I joined those who were free from his grasp, but I fled to where my kingdom once was, only to find it in ruins. I found my family's graves and realized that I was truly alone...

Crombie says: I soon began to study my undeath, attempting to find a cure. After two years, I found it in the case of The Prophet Tharon'ja of Drak'Tharon Keep. I could actually leech the life of those around me in order to gain back my flesh, but I soon learned that I had to continue to leech away life if I wanted to keep my flesh...

Crombie yells: You will not take them from me!!! DIE!!!
    (Speech should last about 30 seconds)

As soon as Crombie yells this, he will cast a Mana Shield and ressurect all of the Tortured NPC's accordingly. Crombie will become targetable and the Knights will then attack the raid, quickly followed by Crombie, who will cast one random school "bolt" (Frostbolt, Arcane Blast, Fireball, Shadowbolt, or Lightning Bolt) throughout this phase. He will also cast an energy drain (drains any resource) occasionally that will give him back 100% in mana of what he has drained. When you burn through Crombie's Mana Shield, Phase Three will begin.

Phase Three(100-75% Health):
    Crombie yells: Weak little gnats! I shall take matters into my own hands!

Every attack done to Crombie (not counting DoT ticks or auto-attacks) he will gain a .2% damage buff. Crombie will use a steady AOE pulse throughout this phase and will occasionally Decimate one player down to 5% health. This Decimate can't be cast on the two highest characters on the threat list.

When a player dies during this phase, Crombie will gain a 5% damage buff as well as ressurect them as a Risen Knight. Once Crombie reaches 75% health, Phase Four begins.

Phase Four(74-50% Health):
    Crombie yells: NO! I shall not be stopped! My family will live once more!!!

Crombie will be gaining back mana fairly quickly and will cast a mana shield frequently. The damage buff from the phase before will be cut in half. Also throughout the phase, the Knights will slowly begin to rise again as untargetable ghosts. Aside from this, it will be the same as Phase Three.

Phase Five(49-15% Health):

Crombie stuns the entire raid upon entering this phase and begins channeling into four bodies held in four stasis chambers.

Crombie yells: My family shall be whole again!!! You cannot stop me!

His enrage will be gone, he will gain back full mana, and all of the Knights shall become ghosts. He will no longer attack except for his AoE pulse. He will also cast his mana shield at 15.01% health.

Phase Six(14-1% Health):

Crombie yells: I'm sorry...I must sacrifice you if you are to live again.

Crombie then sacrifices his family's flesh (turning them into skellies) and gains an Enrage, which increases his damage by 200% but increases damage taken by 150%. Crombie will only use single target, random-school "bolts" that are 1 sec cast time.

At the end of this phase, Crombie screams:

"YOU ARE THE EVILS OF THIS WORLD! I SHALL NEVER STOP PURSUING YOU, NEVER!!!

And then he dies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tortured NPC:
    Abilities-
    Tortured Blow(3000 damage, stuns caster for three seconds, 10 sec CD)
    Throw Plague Gas(Void Zone that does 500 damage/sec for ten seconds to anyone standing in it, 30 sec CD)
    P1 Death(Gains an invisible aura that marks it as a special case for Crombie's Ressurection when killed by a player)

Tortured Knight:

The Knight will apply an aura to himself that reduces his health by 2% every second upon ressurection. He will also Enrage. These will take top priority in Phase 2.

Abilities-
    Plagued Body(Reduces caster's health by 2% every second, lasts 1 minute)
    Frenzy(Increases damage by 5% every second and attack speed by 10% every second, lasts 1 minute)

Risen Knight:

These are what are risen if killed by Crombie. They will take top priority after Tortured Knights die.

Abilities-
    Unbalancing Strike(100 damage, reduces avoidance by 1% for thirty seconds)

Ghost:
    Arcane Missiles(500 damage/missile, three missiles)
    "The reign of a nation is infinite, where as the leader is finite."
    -The Commander

25 Man / 10 Man
    Kathuulon

Doom Guard
    12.330.000 hp / 7.425.000 hp
    4.000.000 mp (drainable)
    10300-12400 / 8400- 10200 dmg

Note: This looks bad, but that's only easymode. This boss is supposed to be done in a hardmode based upon Sartharion, with adds you keep alive.

Spells:
    Cripple
    Slows movespeed by 60% / 30% and attack speed, casting speed and ranged attack speed by 100% / 50% for 7 seconds. When the duration ends the target is immune to Cripple for 5 seconds.
    Note: Casted upon 6 / 3 raid members at the same time, with 10 second cooldown.

War Stomp
    Stuns all nearby enemy units for 1 second and interrupts casting for 7 / 4 seconds. 20 seconds cooldown.

Cleave
    Each attack deals 100% damage to all enemys next to the target.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________

Adds:
    3 adds, Element of Fury, Swiftness and Mayhem. All got 300.000 / 100.000 hp, and the first phase consists of killing the 3 elements. For each that stay up you will activate a hardmode. P1 lasts for 1 minute, and when it's done all remaining elementals will become invulnerable, and stop attacking. Kathuulon will not spawn untill the begining of P2.

Element of Fury
    Elemental Empowerment: Increases Kathuulons hp by 50%, stacking.
    Aura of Fury: Increases all nearby friendly units damage by 7% each 8 second, stacking 20 times.

Element of Swiftness
    Swiftness Aura: Increases all nearby friendly units attack speed by 7% each 8 second, stacking 20 times.

Element of Mayhem
    Begins to spawn Imps. Imps will spawn from random locations troughout the whole fight. Each Imp have 65000 / 30000 hp and 1000 / 2000 damage. Imps do also recieve the Elemental auras.

Sorry I can't give it proper numbers (my WoW knowledge isn't that good - maybe someone else can work the numbers). But here is a general description of a boss I would like to see in a WoW raid. It's a subtle fight that tests the skills of all raid members by making use of both offensive, defensive and dispelling abilities (as well as limited cc on the add or adds).

- Boss HP's and melee damage are moderate, enough where an average fight should take 4-6 minutes and a long fight 10+/- minutes. No spike damage hits, the raid is about multiple things happening at once not spike damage. The room he is in is a circular arena style room, no line-of-sight areas. The room is roughly the same size as the ToC arena.

- Boss stacks a debuff every 3 seconds on the highest aggro target that cause armor to decrease by 10%, must be tanked with two (or more) tanks who alternate so the stacks will drop of the other tank (all stacks drop after 12 seconds of not being the highest threat target).

- Every 25% the boss will disappear (dropping all threat), when he re-appears it will be at a random raid member and he will begin to consume them (rendering them stunned for the duration, and generates high aggro), the tank has 6 seconds to reacquire enough aggro on the boss or the member will be consumed (killed) healing the boss for 10% of his total HP (the tank can be assisted by TotT, MD, etc.).

- The boss gains +5% damage for every 3 seconds it doesn't move (except when consuming a target - it is reset to 0 and it doesn't begin until after the target is consumed or it is broken). The +% damage resets to 0 when he does move.

- The boss leaves a trail of smoke behind it 5 yards wide. Anyone in the smoke has it's stats reduced by 20%. The smoke stays for the entire fight (think of the snake game where it gets longer each section you gain - so kiting paths become an issue the longer the fight is).

- Every 15 seconds the boss also puts a random curse, poison, magic or disease on a random raid member at a range greater than 5 yards. All do various (nature, shadow, etc.) damage over time effects (more damage the longer they are on - to a limit) and can be removed by their respective removal abilities. The dots can be healed thru, but will do constant damage until removed (as in your raid composition needs to be able to remove all types of effects and cover others when they are killed).

- Everyone within 5 yards of the boss will take steady damage from an aura. The damage is not high but enough that it requires constant "topping off" on all melee ranged party members.

- 2 minutes after a raid member has died their corpse will be reanimated as an undead add for the boss (with HP equal to 10% of the bosses remaining HP). The add will randomly jump and stun one member of the raid for 5 seconds every 30 seconds. The add can be killed and doesn't respawn after it is. If attacked it will attempt to run away at +15% normal movement speed and cannot be taunted (it will also still do it's stun attack when up - barring any cc that delay's it). Multiple adds can be up at the same time.

a boss that take no damage just AE eveything for a given time at P1,that means no tank or DPS needed for P1, only healing and sooooooooooooo much healing

on P2 the boss stop attacking and u need to take him down at a given time , so no tank or healer is needed for P2 ,a DPS race that need everyone to get the last bit of DPS out

for P3 , the boss enlagre, he will do XXXX damage AE(means killing everyone) if he kills any target.... u have to tank him for a given time and make sure your tank not get killed, the boss will die himself after that...

the boss's HP / damage will go up with the gear ilvl of the raid...........the consept is that u need to get your best DPS out even u are a healer or tank, try to heal as your best as a hybird .....or say........doing all the thing u can

Ripped out this one from an old post of mine, but reworded it a little.

Highlord Arithios <Grand Warlord of the Scourge>
    Health: 15,980,000 (25-Normal: 46,240,000)
    Mechanics: Whirlwind, Cleave, Adds, Diseases
    Phases: 3

All Phases

Frozen Wake
    Blasts the targeted area with freezing ice, causing 5263-6067 (25-Normal: 6033-6877) Frost damage within 15 yards and infecting targets with Deathly Delirium. Deathly Delirium causes 9505-9726 (25-Normal: 10573-1139) Shadow or Frost damage, whichever is higher, over 12 seconds and at the end of the effect, will attempt to jump to another target within a 30 yard radius. Frozen Wake is cast once per phase transition.

Blade Dance - Cooldown: 45 sec.
    In a dance of steel, Arithios charges up to 2 (25-Normal: 5) random raid members (ranged favored), causing 60% (25-Normal: 75%) weapon damage with both weapons per second to all targets caught within 15 yards of Arithios.

Reference: Warchief Kargath Bladefist

Whirlwind - Cooldown 15 sec.
    In a whirlwind of steel, Arithios causes 110% (25-Normal: 135%) weapon damage to all targets within 15 yards. If Whirlwind damages more than 2 (25-Normal: 4) targets, the cooldown of Blade Dance is reset and cast immediately afterwards.

Shadow Cleave
    Cleave the current target and its nearest ally for 100% weapon damage as Shadow damage. Only 33% of the damage caused is split to the second target. This ability cannot miss, be dodged, parried, blocked or resisted. This is cast every 3rd (25-Normal: 2nd) attack made.

Potent Diseases
    Whenever a disease is dispelled off a friendly target, all current diseases not dispelled are refreshed and cause 10% more damage. In addition, Potent Diseases also cause the dispelled target to suffer from Deteriorating Immunity, reducing the chance that the next dispell cast on the target will remove a disease by 5%. Stacks up to 20 times. Once stacked up to 20 times, the next disease will cause 250% damage throughout its entire duration and consume up to 5 stacks of Potent Diseases.
    Phase 1: 100%-65%

Morbid Embrace - Cooldown 60 sec
    Arithios taps into the essence of death, causing all attacks made to deal an additional 1811-1953 (25-Normal: 2084-2175) Nature damage to all targets in a 100 yard radius and to sometimes inflict Morbid Parasite. Morbid Parasite deals 5347-5968 (25-Normal: 5752-6206) Nature damage after 5 seconds and spawns an undead minion with 87000 (25-Normal: 284000) health that will attempt to heal Arithios when it reaches him for 5% (25-Normal: 2.5%) of his maximum health. When dispelled, Morbid Parasite reduces healing caused by 50% for 10 seconds. Morbid Embrace lasts 8 seconds.

Grasp of Undeath - Cooldown 55 sec
    Strangulate up to 2 (25-Normal: 6) targets, rendering them unable to take action for up to 8 seconds. If the grasping arms of the dead are not destroyed within the time they're active, strangulated targets with diseases cause a Pestilence, spreading all of their active diseases to all nearby targets within a 20 yard range. Each grasp of the dead has 32700 (25-Normal: 75100) health.

Absolute Zero - Cooldown 60 sec
    Arithios freezes all targets affected by a disease effect, causing the Hypothermia effect. Hypothermia stuns the diseased target for 6 seconds and prevents all spells that render the target invulnerable for the next 30 seconds.
    Phase 2: 64%-35%

Pandemic
    Whenever a target dies while under the effects of a disease, a Pandemic occurs, spreading all diseases of the dying target to all targets. However, the disease is 50% less effective.

Damnation
    Whenever Arithios' diseases cause damage, they have a 5% chance to also cause the Damnation effect, reducing healing taken by 25% for 4 seconds.

Plague Torrent - Cooldown 25 sec
    Ignites all the diseases on up to 3 (25-Normal: 6) targets, causing 33% of the periodic damage caused by the disease and consumes them. Consumed diseases with a final effect at the end of the duration still apply.
    Phase 3: 35%-0%

Epidemic
    Arithios' diseases now jump to the nearest target within a 15 yard radius after ending and apply 2 stacks of Deteriorating Immunity.

Fever Outbreak
    Arithios' diseases also cause a Fever Outbreak, causing 893-941 (25-Normal: 982-1053) Shadow, Frost or Nature damage, whichever is higher, constantly every 2 seconds until the target is no longer affected by a disease.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshy
    Im under the assumption that they forgot shamans existed so they just need to find a few minutes to draw up a few lines but just keep putting it off since they are too busy pretending to nerf paladins.

It would be awesome for Cataclysm to have a cow level+king boss. Make it kinda like Hyjal where they come in waves, just TONS of cows, but not slowly building, just tons from the beginning . Throughout the waves each person has to find their own unidentified item in the pile of bodies. Before the Cow King comes out, Deckard Cain indentifies 8) the item as "Tears of Tristram". ToT would be an on use kinda like Archimonde, but to the Cow Kings super nova. Of course he would always have his sinister on hit lightning bolts hitting the raid for x lightning damage . As for loot, it should either be a TON of gold (like 100-300 per person), or maybe an item that increases gold received from mobs by 5-10% ;D. I guess you could make a normal loot table with some cool stuff from diablo but gold/item seems to feel right . Of course he could only be defeatable once (weekly) so no 10 AND 25 gold gathering :P.

Gamogger <Hogger and Gamon United>
    hp: Unlimited

enrage timer: He doesnt need one
    Abilties: Faceroll the raid within 10 seconds