WTB Experienced Warrior Tips...

Hey guys...
    I desperatly need some "good" warrior advice. Now that im good geared as a tank,i want to try the DPS side of my class,the thing is...I SUCK ASS!
    As Arms,the best i can do is a poor 2.7k DPS!!! Trainning at dummie ofc! I have instaled the addon "StrongArms" to see if the problem was my rotation but the result was kinda equal.. 2.3-2.5 without addon.
    I think i don't get as much rage as i should...because i get to a stage where i get low on rage...

I'm trying fury,and it's even worse!

Please guys...be kind enough to help a dumbass warrior! =D

Armory Link->http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...eaver&n=Dommek

Thanks in Advance!

10+ Year Old Account

Re: WTB Experienced Warrior Tips...

Try chaning your glyphs to Fury glyphs

You are facing the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by TehHermansen
    Try chaning your glyphs to Fury glyphs
    I would if i knew that it would make a HUGE difference....Like 1-2k.

But if it only boosts me like 100-200 it's not even worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dommek

That was the most insanely idiotic thing that i have ever heard.

Deleted

Then why the fuck do you assume that anyone, anywhere, will ever be interested in helping you?

Until you change your attitude, your DPS will NOT increase, becuse you'll never find an effortless upgrade, and those that take effort will increase your DPS by less than getting proper glyphs. Very rarely you'll find a piece that's similiar in value as the proper glyphs.

So yea, shoo.

15+ Year Old Account

wow, just wow.

enchant offhand.

glyphs are expensive. rite ?

stop clicking, get decent keybinds. strafe on a/d to unlearn keyboardturning.
    fury dps is not really hard you know, there are like 5 buttons involved.
    push those buttons. some have cooldowns, wait till cooldown is over.
    heroic strike like mad, slam when buff (power aura/sct/EventAlert)
    battleshout.

Well obviously, you dont want to increase your dps. It all comes in small increments overtime and at the end, with all those small changes, your dps will go up. From what i know, no one item will increase your dps by 1-2k dps . thats not being realistic. and with your gear, its better atm to stay arms. wait until u get another lvl 232 weapon to switch to fury. Another thing, if you are gonna roll fury, you gotta gem for strength, with your current gear, that is. oh and, the glyphs would help if you changed them..but i'm sure you already read that from everybody else on this forum :P

Put that OEB in your mainhand, and enchant it with berserking.

It's all I got to say.
    Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a poet... or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

10+ Year Old Account

"Showing bad attitude, but someone is still nice to him.
    I'd say that this will be a perfect spec (also glyphed), for you: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#Lhrc0...MeRVzAo:GM0zV0
    Give it a shot, and check the dps. Also, you should have the Keen blade in main, and Edge in off, and you should enchant Keen. (Berserker would be nice.)

Saw that more of your items aren't enchanted. Enchant them, for more potensial. Even though they might be crap at the moment. (Things missing enchant is: Cloak, chest and the boots.)

You're gonna hafta get outa the mentality that a 100-200dps increase "isnt even worth it" because, doing just ONE thing with that kind of an increase will add up the more things you do.

Change your glyphs too... I see lot a furies running around with Heroic Strike, Cleaving, and Whirlwind glyphs (Whirlwind glyph alone is a huge dps booster)

Enchant your gear, even mediocre enchants will help you.

Dont trust training dummies as end-all-be-all indicators of DPS. Of course arms is going to be higher on a training dummy. Fury doesnt shine till you have all raid buffs and perhaps an armor pen trinket. You just dont have all the debuffs on a training dummy that you would in a raid environment.

Fury is a very easy spec to play. Honestly its easier than ret pally. That's pretty bad, and the reason I'm Arms now, tired of falling asleep at the keyboard during raids

Maximize your Deathwish. Use it early as possible to line up with On-Proc enchants / trinkets, and also use Recklessness with it. Also if possible you really want to line up Deathwish with whenever your guild does Heroism / Bloodlust.

All of these things will add up. You may end up surprising yourself. Everything matters if you want to be the best possible DPS you can be.

I love the warrior players on this forum

>.< i feel i am getting trolled on this one but i would put in some good advice
    first, you arnt going to see a 1k-2k dps increase with ANYTHING, it all adds up and all makes a difference

SPEC/GLYPHS:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#Lhrc0...MeRVzAo:GMozV0
    use that or some close variation and use those glyphs. you gave up threat decrease and 1% ap for imp execute which you rarely will use.

ROTATION:
    you also said you were using the strongarms addon...
    you're fury not arms - that addon is useless for you.
    WW>BT + Slam on proc and HS to rage dump (thats your rotation)

GEAR:
    OEB in mainhand, edge of ruin in offhand - work on getting those upgraded ASAP. Most of your dps comes from weapons
    Stop gemming for armor pen, without a trinket str will out-perform arp
    Get your weapons/boots/cloak/chest enchanted
    Get new rings

that's pretty much it
    on a side note: dont judge your performance by target dummys. They arnt a good judge of dps, especially for warriors.
    fix your attitude too. you came here for help, dont say that wont help much when people make a suggestion.

Thx a lot guys for all the tips....

what i said about the "not worth it" you guys kinda took me the wrong way. In my mind i just have the perception that with my kind of gear i should be putting out much more dps. I guess i have to change my way of thinking.
    What i said was really lame and i want to appologize...

(yes i know im a retard)

First off, respec, and reglyph. You will want something like http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...GYadX,Fd,10747. For the last glyph either grab cleaving or execute, I generally find cleaving the more useful. You could also dump the 5 points in imp demo shout, pick up booming voices, then some combination of imp cleave, anger management, and imp execute, all taste. Next switch your MH and OH, enchant your stuff, and regem. You want to use the 21 agility/3% crit meta, get a nightmare tear, then do all +20 str gems, don't bother doing armor pen as furry, specially if you don't have an armor pen trinket, and even then I haven't actually found evidence that states armor pen is better for fury. Drop that hit rating trinket your over soft cap and get a new one, and try to get rid of the expertise crutch trinket and reach soft cap with your other gear, also new rings are a must, snag the one from the triumph vendor and then try to get like the one off gormok.

Put 5/5 in improved zerg stance omg :-X

+16% str to +20% str, do you realize what you are missing ?

And dps testing on a dummy is worthless for warriors. Completly. I'm fairly well geared as fury (mostly 232, some 245), i can do 5k5 / 6k in ToC10, while beeing the sundering bitch, with very little effort. And i can't go higher than 3k2 on a dummy. Maybe less. Rage starvation is terrible on dummies.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

switch your weapons, enchant the obsidian edged blade, respec and reglyph, get some gear, L2P class and stop spamming the living shit out of heroic strike.