Reinforced Shadowstrike or Origin of nightmares for tanking?

Hi,

Wich weapon is best for tanking? http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40280 or http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49496#comments

And dont awnser Reinforced Thunderstrike because i dont have it

Thanks!

Re: Reinforced Shadowstrike or Origin of nightmares for tanking?

troll or serious question?

the sheer volume of item level stat difference can't be matched by efficient itemisation, too much of our threat comes from weapon.

10+ Year Old Account

Reinforced THUNDERstrike by far

reinforced shadowstrike

the sheer ap difference makes a huge mitigation difference with savage defense and the crit helps proc savage defense a lot more as well

the arp is also a nice threat boost as a ton of a bears dmg is physical, but that stat isnt the biggest thing for a bear

Quote Originally Posted by Swifthorn
    And dont awnser Reinforced Thunderstrike because i dont have it
    I have to ask... Why not? Did you destroy it after you created it?

In comparison you lose 31 Agi but gain 54 stam, 33 AP and 71 expertise...

If you seriously don't have Thunderstrike, then yes, Shadowstrike is still better. The armor from OON is great for survivability, but in most fights you'd want the extra threat from Shadowstrike, as well as the AP for Savage Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    I have to ask... Why not? Did you destroy it after you created it?
    Some guilds give them out separately, I hear. Loot it first to the person who wins Thunderstrike; that person creates it and hands Shadowstrike to someone else (since it's tradeable for 2 hours).

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Some guilds give them out separately, I hear. Loot it first to the person who wins Thunderstrike; that person creates it and hands Shadowstrike to someone else (since it's tradeable for 2 hours).
    Ah, didn't realise they did that. I suppose it makes sense though - two people get new weapons rather than one. I'm a bit surprised that Blizzard doesn't prevent that by making Shadowstrike soulbound once you activate it though (like when you gem or enchant the item).

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    Ah, didn't realise they did that. I suppose it makes sense though - two people get new weapons rather than one. I'm a bit surprised that Blizzard doesn't prevent that by making Shadowstrike soulbound once you activate it though (like when you gem or enchant the item).
    Yeah, it surprised me too. I was even skeptical when I heard it at first, until I heard it from a few independent sources.

Thats the way it happened, im not stupid och clumsy enough to delete one off the weapons. And thanks for the awnsers! In these days when stamina is king I was a little bit reluctant to use shadowstrike befre origin but not now. Thanks for cleraring things out.

I had the other staff from Naxx 10 with +630 armor. Was rocking that for ages, ended up with anguish recently, thats what i eventually swapped it out for. You honestly dont miss the Armor that much (Since its not multiplied by talents). Think in bear for it mitigates about 0.75% or maybe less. Hardly noticeable.

Not only that, you'll do a hell of alot more DPS (thus TPS) over the course of a fight.

The ONLY loss in my eyes is the 24 stamina. But its more than worth it

Neither one of them are truly desirable from a tanking point of view, but Shadowstrike is the best choice. Keep trying for Twin's Pact.

Or go back to Ony and get Thunderstrike.

I think this has been Hotfixed......we got it Friday night and split it and it was not tradable.

Quote Originally Posted by DaChicken

I think this has been Hotfixed......we got it Friday night and split it and it was not tradable.
    Did you trade shadowstrike to the player who wanted thunderstrike, and then trade shadowstrike back? Im pretty sure this is what you must do, AFAIK thunderstrike is bound as soon as you create it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraphernalia
    If stupid we're a crime, you'd be put in the chair.