15+ Year Old Account

Changing from T8 to T9...order of pieces

When we go from T8 to T9 what order should we be removing pieces for bonuses? Also I know our 4 piece is what we should be going for & have the BiS listing for gear from shadowpriest.com but does anybody know which of the 5 slots we should fill with a non-tier piece?

Re: Changing from T8 to T9...order of pieces

At the T9 level it is generally accepted to use the gloves/ chest/ shoulders/ legs for your 4pc, and use the helm from Onyxia. The T9 helm isn't itemized very well (too much hit!).

I personally picked up the gloves / shoulders first, and then chest / legs later on once I was able to re-balance the hit rating on my gear a bit. I'm sure you could pick them up in any order that works with your gear plan however.

Please bare in mind that the 'best in slot' gear is just that, ilvl258, if you are only getting 232 then its not worth switching to more than 2pt9. If you are getting 245 then the numbers are as follows

merlins robe/4pt9 772 and 82 hit
    hat/4pt9 793 and zero hit

Effectively unless you have lots of hit off pieces you cant replace its actually better to go with merlin's robe. If you are getting 4 258 items then yes go for onyxia hat.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Do Shoulder then Chest first. Gloves and Legs drop in VoA, and you might get lucky.

Use Onyxia-25 helm with haste. This helm's about 160 dps better than 245shadow helm. In comparison, Merlin's robe is only about 64 DPS better than 245 Shadow chest.

Hit comes plenty with other gear slots.

I don't know where the guy above me got his info, but while theoretically it's true that going from Conquest T8 4pc to Conquest T9 2pc would prob result in slightly less DPS, the value of the T9 2pc really shines in fights that facilitate multi-dotting, which every fight in ToC offers a chance at. In addition, the T9 4pc is better than T8, so it is always worth it to go for the fourset, even if you only have access to Conquest level T9. If you are receiving the 245 reg Triumph pieces then it's always worth it to upgrade to a T9 bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat
    Do Shoulder then Chest first. Gloves and Legs drop in VoA, and you might get lucky.

Use Onyxia-25 helm with haste. This helm's about 160 dps better than 245shadow helm. In comparison, Merlin's robe is only about 64 DPS better than 245 Shadow chest.

Hit comes plenty with other gear slots.

I don't know where the guy above me got his info, but while theoretically it's true that going from Conquest T8 4pc to Conquest T9 2pc would prob result in slightly less DPS, the value of the T9 2pc really shines in fights that facilitate multi-dotting, which every fight in ToC offers a chance at. In addition, the T9 4pc is better than T8, so it is always worth it to go for the fourset, even if you only have access to Conquest level T9. If you are receiving the 245 reg Triumph pieces then it's always worth it to upgrade to a T9 bonus.
    Firstly I will admit I did my calculations with the 10 man onyxia hat instead of the 25 because I forgot I did them for dedicated insanity. This makes it always better to switch from t8 to t9 Triumph but please do the maths because switching from t8.5 2p is almost NEVER worth it (only worth it if some how in the world of hit on 50% of gear you need hit) if you are switching to conquest t9.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

15+ Year Old Account

I went Chest, shoulders, pants, gloves then kept the t8 helm

i got: gloves (due to them dropping in VoA).
    legs: this was because i would lose 2 much hit rating if i replaced chest/shoulders.
    Chest: duh
    shoulders: obvious aswell.

Head: 2 much hit on it, get ony helm.