Thread: DW frost dps

DW frost dps

Hay !

I have but one question, which i've look for the answer and cant find it.

I've heard that you need more hit than the usual 8% while DWing, is this true ?
    3 from talents lets you get capped at 5% but is that correct ?

Any help will be appreciated

Deleted

Re: DW frost dps

i dont play Dw DK, but it seems about right to me since its the same hit needed for my pala

I like to rock around 4000 hit rating, but that's just me. I never miss, however I hit for 1's.

In all seriousness yeah it's 5% with NoCS.

Yes, you only need 5% to cap melee specials. However a lot of damage comes from IT and HB and they use spell hit. In addition in my experience if you use the glyph of frost strike you are going to be VERY full on runic power so you are gonna want to cap spell hit if you can to prevent missing your IT/HB.

*edit: if you don't have the gear to spell hit cap right now and you find yourself capping on runic power often trade out the frost strike glyph for a higher dps glyph.
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

10+ Year Old Account

General consensus is that you should only need to hit cap melee specials and that it's a dps loss to gain hit if you could be gaining other stats instead. That's not to say hit past melee special cap is worthless. Far from it. It's just that it's a larger dps gain to gain more strength, ArP, haste etc. However, if you are like me, you freak out a little every time you have a spell miss, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Praxis
    General consensus is that you should only need to hit cap melee specials and that it's a dps loss to gain hit if you could be gaining other stats instead. That's not to say hit past melee special cap is worthless. Far from it. It's just that it's a larger dps gain to gain more strength, ArP, haste etc. However, if you are like me, you freak out a little every time you have a spell miss, lol.
    I personally laugh when I see a miss becasue my guild takes me everywhere even tho I am still in half T7 , It pays to be Peter Griffin.

Cheers, thanks for the advice(s).

One more thing, I dont know what to get. Is it Slow mh / fast OH or Slow/slow weapon I wanna get ?

slow / slow
    Headcrab Simptoms:
    # Strange feeling to force Gordon Freeman, who appears to be a fish to the victim, to eat crackers.
    # Itching at groin.
    # Yellowing of the blood
    # Red, dry, or missing eyes.
    # Numbness around the cranial region
    # A severe case of dandruff
    # Hair loss
    # Skin loss
    # Head Loss
    # Death
    # Loss of bodily functions

For Frost DW always try to get to the spell hit cap of 289 when spec'd into virulence. You don't want to miss any of your spells. Missing a critted HB or refreshing your diseases with pestilence if glyphed for it can hurt your performance and rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindrop
    For Frost DW always try to get to the spell hit cap of 289 when spec'd into virulence. You don't want to miss any of your spells. Missing a critted HB or refreshing your diseases with pestilence if glyphed for it can hurt your performance and rotation.
    no! it really is preference.
    i try to not get too much over 5%. while hit after that is not as bad as say a retri with more than 8% hit, other stats are more valuable.

AttackPower 1
    Strength 2.61
    Agility 1.39
    CritRating 1.77
    HasteRating 1.32
    ArmorPenetrationRating 1.61
    ExpertiseRating 2.94
    BeforeMeleeHitCap<8% 3.55
    SpellHitRating 0.99
    WeaponDPS 6.77
    WeaponSpeed 274.19
    After spell hit cap 0.80
    2T8 156.67
    4T8 126.67
    2T9 133.33
    4T9 403.33
    ...just another dream within a dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr
    no! it really is preference.
    i try to not get too much over 5%. while hit after that is not as bad as say a retri with more than 8% hit, other stats are more valuable.
    True it may be a preference per those stat weights, but I'd rather not miss a spell if I can help it. If you're only going for hit up to 5% when speccing into Virulence you're going to notice a good amount of missed spells. And missed spells equates to lost damage.

For Dual-wielding you need 32% hit so you don't miss normal swings, but only 5% (talented) for abilities (Plague Strike, Frost Strike, Obliterate etc.)
    Icy Touch and Howling Blast occasionally miss as they are spells though, but Virulence should help you a bit with that.
    The more hit you have the more Killing Blow procs you get, but I wouldn't suggest you stack on hit :P from items should be enough