Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The Forsaken: What happens after Icecrown?

OK, so we are finally approaching Arthas, and although every race is pretty psyched to dethrone him, one bears him a particular emnity : The Forsaken.

For most of the Forskaken, they only driving force in their Unlife is Vengeance, mainly against The Lich King.But after he is beaten, what then, they've accomplished the only thing that matters, do they just meekly climb back into their graves?? Can they?? Are they now subject to Sylvanas' will. Will they jsut become the De facto new scourge? Well it depends on a few things. One being , what actually happens to Arthas?

There is a suggestion that the Lich King is a permanent emnity that MUST exist to stop the scourge from running rampant.However, we still don't know whats going to happen. will Arthas be redeemed somewhat , like the Knights of the Ebon Blade and therefore become a necessary force of evil for good ( confusing wot? XD) Will it turn out that we have to kill Ner'Zhul rather that arthas, or perhaps the original power of the scourge still lies with the Demon Lords that first set Nar'Zhul his task.?

So, what happens to the Forsaken? Putress and his uprising already proved that they CAN think for themselves. If The Lich King is killed, do they just go on (un)living, despite the fact that numerous quests have shown that only cruel emotions are left to them, ie no point in Undeath. Will they get a new goal, such as the extermination of the Alliance or something similiar. Presumably they cant become the new enemy, seeing as there are quite a lot of Forsaken Players. Is Sylvanas killed in Icecrown?? Will the forsaken fracture with the sudden loss of a common goal. Or, will the scourge stil be a force in the game that the Forsaken can still nurse vengeance against?

I have a few theories of what might happen, and there is clues in the game to do with possible redemtion, and even restoring their life.But im also interested in your theories.

So... What happens to the Forsaken after Icecrown? =)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: The Forsaken: What happens after Icecrown?

Nothing... they just keep rotting.

Quote Originally Posted by ramboxmb
    /thread

They attack Gilneas under the new Warchief's orders. Just another day as a rotting, twisted abomination of life.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ramboxmb
    Pretty much this, they'll probably always be hostile to the Alliance though since the Scarlet Crusade has pretty much fucked up any chance of reconciliation, like Garithos did with Blood Elves in WC3

Motto: Death to the Scourge and Death to the Living.

Once the scourge have been dealt with the living will be next :'(

They also hate the Humans for rejecting them without consideration, that's their next goal..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    Motto: Death to the Scourge and Death to the Living.

Once the scourge have been dealt with the living will be next :'(
    That was a group of forsaken. Not all of the Forsaken.

Despite Phen's blatant fabrication of a racial motto of some kind, the Forsaken, when Arthas is disposed of, will return to their home in Lordaeron and continue to deal with fear and mistrust -- some earned, some not -- and the continuing threat of brainless annihilation from the Scarlets that are still hanging on in the Eastern Kingdom and the Alliance if the King of Stormwind follows through on his bravado and invades.

In Cataclysm, they'll apparently be in direct open conflict with Gilneas -- once they align with the Alliance, they'll represent a serious threat to the sovereignty of the Undercity.

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu
    That was a group of forsaken. Not all of the Forsaken.
    Its more than a group more like 99%. Its only mentioned in like 250 quests in game, and said by like half of forsaken NPCs. Its their god damn motto.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, I'd imagine that - as beings being forced to live in undeath (a concept I find hard to imagine) - they would have to find themselves a new goal, since they cant live what we precieve as a "normal" life.
    They cant get children for one thing, and I never really understood how they are as a race. Are they evil deep inside? Personally I dont think so. I believe that as a race they are influenced to be a "dark gray" so to speak, personality-wise. Not saying that they dont have individuality of course; the whole point of them being freed from the Lich King was that they got their free will and thus individuality back.

But what purpose could they possible have? My theory is that they are constantly evolving as a race, getting more and more of their humanity back, but they will remain "loyal" to the Horde. Maybe establishing a world where they can live their unnatural life in peace is their goal, and to achieve that they need to fight the alliance, because the alliance would never accept them as a race.

Can anyone remember that quest about the Bloodstone in Arathi Highlands/Hilsbrad, Horde side ofc.

A bunch of Forskane stole Bloodstone from Sylvanas, an bring it to the Alliance( Dalaran to be exact), and they look to get accepted into the allinace, search for a cure to UNdeadiness or something. A journal drops from the Mob they dealt with detailing the events. http://www.wowwiki.com/Belamoore's_Research_Journal

We know at least that the forsaken are capable of thinking for themselves, and the possibility of Human emotions besides things such as Hatred, Envy, Vengeance etc is also there. Do you think there is a chance of the Forsaken stinking it out as a race in their own right? After all, to the best of my Knowledge they can have children, and to add more members to their ranks once the scourge have been dealt with, just involves killing people, which seems pretty pointless ( IE They have become the new scourge).

Just to confuse matters XD

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bling
    Its more than a group more like 99%. Its only mentioned in like 250 quests in game, and said by like half of forsaken NPCs. Its their god damn motto.
    What, half the forsaken NPCs say "death to the living!"?

no.

You can't say the Alliance will never accept them as a race, but the road to redemption for them would be long and annoying.

They have free will so they would each theoretically find their own goals and purposes to their unlife. Sylvanas will most likely drive the Forsaken to hate the humans and Worgen just to fuel the faction war Blizzard is moving towards.

Quote Originally Posted by Orclin
    FFS

ORCS WERE UNDER CONTROLL OF THE MANNOROTHS BLOOD AND FOR YEARS THEY FOUGHT TO BRAKE IT

THEY BROKE IT AND WHAT, THEY FLEW BACK TO THERE ALIEN ASS PLANET.

NO THEY LIVE IN AZEROTH NOW, AND MADE US QUEST OUR BUTTS OFF.

SAME FOR THE FORRSAKEN, THEY'LL JUST BE HAPPY AND EMOTIONAL ABOUT THEY KILLED MR ARTHAS

THEN THEY WILL JUST GO BACK TO THERE DAILY ROUTINES OF MAKING US SLAVE FOR THEM. NO THEY WONT TURN INTO NEW SCOURGE.

WRITING IN CAPS BECAUSE I PRESSED CAPS LOCK AND NOW IT IS LOCKED UNTILL I GET A NEW KEYBOARD FFS. DONT KNOW WHY THEY HAVE THE BUTTON FOR.

Or you could be smart and hold down shift and lower your chance of being banned...

I doubt much will happen, they'll be happy and such blablabla Sylvanas will probably rape Arthas' body with fire and shit... theeeen they revolt, kill off all life on Azeroth, and fly away to work with Sargeras. The End. ;D

15+ Year Old Account

zomg, that was really interesting to read.

If the next old god is not a heart I will run around naked in paris and post a video of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orclin
    FFS

ORCS WERE UNDER CONTROLL OF THE MANNOROTHS BLOOD AND FOR YEARS THEY FOUGHT TO BRAKE IT

THEY BROKE IT AND WHAT, THEY FLEW BACK TO THERE ALIEN ASS PLANET.

NO THEY LIVE IN AZEROTH NOW, AND MADE US QUEST OUR BUTTS OFF.

SAME FOR THE FORRSAKEN, THEY'LL JUST BE HAPPY AND EMOTIONAL ABOUT THEY KILLED MR ARTHAS

THEN THEY WILL JUST GO BACK TO THERE DAILY ROUTINES OF MAKING US SLAVE FOR THEM. NO THEY WONT TURN INTO NEW SCOURGE.

WRITING IN CAPS BECAUSE I PRESSED CAPS LOCK AND NOW IT IS LOCKED UNTILL I GET A NEW KEYBOARD FFS. DONT KNOW WHY THEY HAVE THE BUTTON FOR.

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep
    Who is Athene, lol tought you meant the city at first :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    Worlds greatest paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stings
    Yes, and scientology is speaking the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash
    Despite Phen's blatant fabrication of a racial motto of some kind, the Forsaken, when Arthas is disposed of, will return to their home in Lordaeron and continue to deal with fear and mistrust --

In Cataclysm, they'll apparently be in direct open conflict with Gilneas -- once they align with the Alliance, they'll represent a serious threat to the sovereignty of the Undercity.
    Blatant Fabrication? lol I didn't make that up ;D

You'd think they would understand the Worgen have a " curse " like they do. Might as well lead a full on onslaught towards the Worgen :-\

Quit making them seem so hard done by. they have done plenty to earn there distrust from the Alliance and from the Horde for that matter.

whatever it is, lets hope for a cool animation cutscene :P

Perhaps we could get lucky and a excellent pilot can fly the skybreaker in a position to drop its nuclear warhead down the elevator shaft in Undercity. ( Kinda like Star Wars/Death Star Scene ) ****KAAAABOOMM****

All problems solved.

- Alliance can have there lands back and the survivors of Lorderon can return to there homelands.
    - Horde don't have to worry about having a sketchy faction within the Horde tarnishing there rep. and jeopardizing Horde/Alliance relations
    - Farmers won't have to fear being captured and experimented on.

We can let http://www.wowwiki.com/Leonid_Barthalomew live because he's a cool dude 8)