Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: The Forsaken: What happens after Icecrown?

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    All problems solved.

- Alliance can have there lands back and the survivors of Lorderon can return to there homelands.
    - Horde don't have to worry about having a sketchy faction within the Horde tarnishing there rep. and jeopardizing Horde/Alliance relations
    - Farmers won't have to fear being captured and experimented on.
    - The "survivors" of Lordaeron are already living there. As undeads..
    - With Garrosh as the new warchief I'd say these Horde/Alliance relations you're talking about are already pretty much screwed.
    - Scarlet Crusaders are the primary target of forsaken experiments.

They will stay the same. That simple.

I'm sorry if certain posts of mine contradict themselves with other posts I've made. I can't make up my mind on a lot of issues...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash
    Despite Phen's blatant fabrication of a racial motto of some kind, the Forsaken, when Arthas is disposed of, will return to their home in Lordaeron and continue to deal with fear and mistrust -- some earned, some not -- and the continuing threat of brainless annihilation from the Scarlets that are still hanging on in the Eastern Kingdom and the Alliance if the King of Stormwind follows through on his bravado and invades.

In Cataclysm, they'll apparently be in direct open conflict with Gilneas -- once they align with the Alliance, they'll represent a serious threat to the sovereignty of the Undercity.

she got that quote from the wrathgate event, and "brainless annihilation?" your zombies you must be killed, your an abomination of nature sorry.

"Death to the Scourge and death to the living" is no more the motto of the Forsaken than "live free or die" is the motto of New England. That's why it's a blatant fabrication. Putress no more spoke for the Forsaken than Van Cleef spoke for all humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash
    "Death to the Scourge and death to the living" is no more the motto of the Forsaken than "live free or die" is the motto of New England. That's why it's a blatant fabrication. Putress no more spoke for the Forsaken than Van Cleef spoke for all humans.
    this.
    none of the npcs say "death to the living". they say "fear the living" (or something close, i only know the german version).
    ...just another dream within a dream...

15+ Year Old Account

Assuming the scourge is gone once and for all? (which I doubt, datamined audio logs aside)

Probably try to secure their boarders, consolidate power, chill with the horde etc.

Mind you they've still got the cataclysm to deal with, not like Death Wing is going to not eat them
    Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much. ~attributed to Oscar Wilde

They say "Beware the living."

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio
    ... blablabla Sylvanas will probably rape Arthas' body with fire and shit...
    *fapfapfap*
    Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    The wings are spot on for horse anatomy though.

they'll probably be satisfied vengeance-wise against the scourge.

death to the scourge and death to the living!

;D

seriously though i expect most of em to be happy, with the bad lich king dead and a *cough* "good" lich king in place, hopefully they'll be allowed to break a controlled number of their undead families in from the scourge to the forsaken. husband+wife, one becomes a forsaken, other just a regular zombie, can be reunited in undeath and unlive happily ever after. ^_^

-still ticked off by how they're treated by most of the living, so they remain badass in that respect 8)
    -can partially replenish their numbers by reclaiming some of their lost comrades from the scourge armies

i think they'll stay assimilated into the horde for a while. they've got their families, their kingdom, and their vengeance. ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account

Perhaps we could get lucky and a excellent pilot can fly the skybreaker in a position to drop its nuclear warhead down the elevator shaft in Undercity. ( Kinda like Star Wars/Death Star Scene ) ****KAAAABOOMM****

All problems solved.

- Alliance can have there lands back and the survivors of Lorderon can return to there homelands.
    - Horde don't have to worry about having a sketchy faction within the Horde tarnishing there rep. and jeopardizing Horde/Alliance relations
    - Farmers won't have to fear being captured and experimented on.

We can let http://www.wowwiki.com/Leonid_Barthalomew live because he's a cool dude 8)

I suggest letting one of our skilled Draenei pilots fly. We're specially trained in all vehicular combat, out secrets? years of playing Mario Kart 64.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    I suggest letting one of our skilled Draenei pilots fly. We're specially trained in all vehicular combat, out secrets? years of playing Mario Kart 64.
    Why don't you give the explosive to a gnome while you are at it, too?

I'm sorry if certain posts of mine contradict themselves with other posts I've made. I can't make up my mind on a lot of issues...

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Or Star Fox

Or Star Fox
    DO A BARREL ROLL.

After ICC? Not much, I'd reckon. If what the trailer for Cat said (along with other tidbits of info), I'd be thinking the assault on Gilneas is going on at roughly the same time as ICC. Wasn't the gate shattered by the Cataclysm, and that allowed the Forsaken in to assault it?

But the time between ICC and Cataclysm looks minimal, so I would probably guess they're merely planning their next... Um... I dunno, they'll just be planning what to do next
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

Anyone know why exactly they are attacking the worgen, Is it because they joined the alliance, or because they think they have something to do with Arugal, or perhaps just coz they are crazy Wolf-men

Quote Originally Posted by Orclin
    FFS

ORCS WERE UNDER CONTROLL OF THE MANNOROTHS BLOOD AND FOR YEARS THEY FOUGHT TO BRAKE IT

THEY BROKE IT AND WHAT, THEY FLEW BACK TO THERE ALIEN ASS PLANET.

NO THEY LIVE IN AZEROTH NOW, AND MADE US QUEST OUR BUTTS OFF.

SAME FOR THE FORRSAKEN, THEY'LL JUST BE HAPPY AND EMOTIONAL ABOUT THEY KILLED MR ARTHAS

THEN THEY WILL JUST GO BACK TO THERE DAILY ROUTINES OF MAKING US SLAVE FOR THEM. NO THEY WONT TURN INTO NEW SCOURGE.

WRITING IN CAPS BECAUSE I PRESSED CAPS LOCK AND NOW IT IS LOCKED UNTILL I GET A NEW KEYBOARD FFS. DONT KNOW WHY THEY HAVE THE BUTTON FOR.

Capslock, the cruise control for cool

Quote Originally Posted by Orclin
    FFS

ORCS WERE UNDER CONTROLL OF THE MANNOROTHS BLOOD AND FOR YEARS THEY FOUGHT TO BRAKE IT

THEY BROKE IT AND WHAT, THEY FLEW BACK TO THERE ALIEN ASS PLANET.

NO THEY LIVE IN AZEROTH NOW, AND MADE US QUEST OUR BUTTS OFF.

SAME FOR THE FORRSAKEN, THEY'LL JUST BE HAPPY AND EMOTIONAL ABOUT THEY KILLED MR ARTHAS

THEN THEY WILL JUST GO BACK TO THERE DAILY ROUTINES OF MAKING US SLAVE FOR THEM. NO THEY WONT TURN INTO NEW SCOURGE.

WRITING IN CAPS BECAUSE I PRESSED CAPS LOCK AND NOW IT IS LOCKED UNTILL I GET A NEW KEYBOARD FFS. DONT KNOW WHY THEY HAVE THE BUTTON FOR.

Press shift dumbass

Motto: Death to the Scourge and Death to the Living.

Once the scourge have been dealt with the living will be next :'(
    Yes! Life's wisdom. Words to live by.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Death to the Scourge and Death to the Living isn't something Putress made up.

Its been freaking said by the Forsaken since War3:TFT!!

It was said constantly in vanilla!!!

It was said constantly in TBC!!

It was said in a cinematic in WotLK and suddenly you morons think its the first time they have said it.

That's why so many people were shocked when they were announced as a playable race back when WoW was being announced. Why would a race that wants to destroy the living side with the Horde, we got those answers later, but it doesn't mean they have changed. They still want to kill everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bling
    Death to the Scourge and Death to the Living isn't something Putress made up.

Its been freaking said by the Forsaken since War3:TFT!!

It was said constantly in vanilla!!!

It was said constantly in TBC!!

It was said in a cinematic in WotLK and suddenly you morons think its the first time they have said it.

That's why so many people were shocked when they were announced as a playable race back when WoW was being announced. Why would a race that wants to destroy the living side with the Horde, we got those answers later, but it doesn't mean they have changed. They still want to kill everything.
    I never heard it anywhere in Vanilla, TBC, or WC3, but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Conkernog
    OK, so we are finally approaching Arthas, and although every race is pretty psyched to dethrone him, one bears him a particular emnity : The Forsaken.

For most of the Forskaken, they only driving force in their Unlife is Vengeance, mainly against The Lich King.But after he is beaten, what then, they've accomplished the only thing that matters, do they just meekly climb back into their graves?? Can they?? Are they now subject to Sylvanas' will. Will they jsut become the De facto new scourge? Well it depends on a few things. One being , what actually happens to Arthas?

There is a suggestion that the Lich King is a permanent emnity that MUST exist to stop the scourge from running rampant.However, we still don't know whats going to happen. will Arthas be redeemed somewhat , like the Knights of the Ebon Blade and therefore become a necessary force of evil for good ( confusing wot? XD) Will it turn out that we have to kill Ner'Zhul rather that arthas, or perhaps the original power of the scourge still lies with the Demon Lords that first set Nar'Zhul his task.?

So, what happens to the Forsaken? Putress and his uprising already proved that they CAN think for themselves. If The Lich King is killed, do they just go on (un)living, despite the fact that numerous quests have shown that only cruel emotions are left to them, ie no point in Undeath. Will they get a new goal, such as the extermination of the Alliance or something similiar. Presumably they cant become the new enemy, seeing as there are quite a lot of Forsaken Players. Is Sylvanas killed in Icecrown?? Will the forsaken fracture with the sudden loss of a common goal. Or, will the scourge stil be a force in the game that the Forsaken can still nurse vengeance against?

I have a few theories of what might happen, and there is clues in the game to do with possible redemtion, and even restoring their life.But im also interested in your theories.

So... What happens to the Forsaken after Icecrown? =)
    Only the one who has suffered the most has the will to control Frostmourne. They will become the new leader of the scourge and father of the Forsaken.

To the OP, in the book Arthas, During his long slumber he kills both Ner'zhul and the last remaining part of him that is human or to be more exact, his inner child.

But the Forsaken will probably be just that after ICC, the Forsaken. But food for thought, lets say Fodring becomes the next to wield Frostmourne and say he has the power to not break to the will of the blade. Wouldn't he be able to gather ALL of the Scourge to ICC and destroy them at once and then send Frostmourne to nether or simply destroy it? Arthas was originally corrupted by Ner'zhul and then driven further into madness by the blade, so with out Ner'zhul's influence over the next wielder of Frostmourne I believe if given to a strong minded individual (i.e. Fodring, Proudmore, Thrall) that the curse of the scourge could actually be broken.

Regardless of what happens in ICC, WPL and EPL need an overhaul, has anyone read anything about the plaguelands fate in Cataclysm?