Mage Pvp Pet macro

I was wondering if I could get some help with my macro.
    #showtooltip Frost Nova
    /click [modifier:shift] petactionbar 5
    /cast Frost Nova

What it's supposed to do is to click the pet action bar 5 when I hold shift, and just do Frost nova normally when I don't. It's also not supposed to use Frost nova when I hold shift if it's off cool down.
    (Pet action bar 5 is the water elemental Frost nova cant remember what it's called tho)
    Thanks for any help.

Re: Mage Pvp Pet macro

Try:

#showtooltip Frost Nova
    /cast [mod:shift]Freeze;Frost Nova

Thanks for the quick reply, but the frost nova part works on that one but holding shift just makes the pet attack, and not cast freeze.

Well, it works just fine for me :-X

why makin so complicated when u can bind same button that u use to summon pet to make it freeze.

You can have an issue tho if using cold snap and pet is still out as pet summon CD will be gone again , but maybe u can work arround that with a reset time , anyway heres what i use:

#showtooltip
    /cast Summon Water Elemental
    /cast Freeze

Works like a charm.

15+ Year Old Account

i suggest going to www.arenajunkies.com for these sorts of questions.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    i suggest going to www.arenajunkies.com for these sorts of questions.
    The OP's macro is basically the same as the one on AJ. Would know if you looked, and that dose not work in 3.2.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by UArecruitment
    The OP's macro is basically the same as the one on AJ. Would know if you looked, and that dose not work in 3.2.
    i told him to go to the leading pvp site about pvp questions. holy shit bro, my bad for being helpful.
    BfA Beta Time

What i recommend honestly, is keybinding one, and then keybinding the other to a shift or the orginal keybind, this will remove any macro issues in the future, and it just eats up 1 bar space, you should have tons of space.

Why not just bind the key to both in the key bindings menu? For instance, say frost nova is bound to 1, bind your pet nova to shift+1. That's how I use mine, though it's not the same button as regular nova.