Poll: Which Mage is best suited for me to Change into?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Mage - Faction Change to Horde Help?

I have a level 61 Draenei Female Mage, and I kinda regret not making her a Horde. My question to you guys is, which class would be the best to change into? I have made a post about it on my personal Blog also, and with the lack of either interest, or viewers (Probably the viewers one), I'm not getting enough feedback.

The main idea of going horde now, is that I want to still fully experience Horde Quests in Outland and Northrend before it reaches level 80 where going back through the quests would seem easy etc.

Feedback is much appreciated <3

Re: Mage - Faction Change to Horde Help?

Depending if your going to pvp or pve in late game i would say undead (pvp , yes it's still good imo) and Troll for pve. Troll females are just too rare.

Have fun in outlands

It depends a bit on what you want to do at 80.
    I think that atm, troll will be best if you are going for pve content.
    And maybe undead(wotf, nerfed :<) or Belf(For the extra silence) for pvp.

I'm a big fan of orcs, but you'll have to wait for them

Quote Originally Posted by Taun
    Have fun in outlands
    Cheers ;D I'd like to go Troll Female, though all my other chars are male anyways, except my Draenei, but I could make an exception

Quote Originally Posted by Appelcalypse
    I'm a big fan of orcs, but you'll have to wait for them
    Same, after seeing my brother's mage doing the Daily Quests for the Netherwing rep, I was like, omfg... GIEF!

thanks for teh feedback so far

Depending on my Bank Balance at the end of this poll, I will probably go about the race change and whatnot, excuse my double post, just thought I'd state this before I head of to Uni... christ.

For PvE: Female troll(bringing sexy back!)
    For PvP: Undead like everyone else, or Blood Elf if you prefer the looks.

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Bringing sexy back!
    Lol! Looks like I'd be changing to Troll by the looks of things so far :O

Just faction changed my Female Goat Mage to a Female Troll. Damn those feet are sexy (and berserking, but mainly the feet).

Here is my logic: 1 Racial (bersker) is good... so roll troll IF YOU LIKE THEM. The other racial, (will of the forsaken) is also good... so roll undead IF YOU LIKE THEM. The 3rd racial (arcane torrent) is good, so roll blood elf IF YOU LIKE THEM. Some are better than others for PvE or PvP, sure, but if that is going to be the deciding factor don't bother race changing at all unless you are absolutely certain that you are rolling troll because you like the racial AND because you like trolls.

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
    -Voltaire

Are horde actually not fail in your battlegroup or is there another reason you are switching? Anyway, if you must switch, I like Orcs a lot.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Go Blood Elf because of the looks(!), and the racial
    Troll racial isn't something u use all the time. Belf female is cool..
    DO IT! Please?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

4 foot anorexic 12 year old girls are not "cool". And Berserking is a good +100dps to each Mage spec. If we're talking PvE Troll is the outstanding winner.

well as a lot already said, i would also add troll if you wanna pve

i got a troll myself and with a macro using (as arcane) mirror images, arcane power, ice veins, berserking, and maybe trinket it all adds up to pure awesomness and ~1.15sec arcane missiles (with barrage ofc :> )

+ we're shexy ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo
    That video is so inspiring. Don't know what it is about it, maybe the music or whatnot but still, very impressive <3

Quite surprised no-one has posted the vid of this Undead Mage

Just realized, the video Psilo linked is the same mage, just a different video :O

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I guess it would also depend on your professions as well. Tailoring (Lightweave Embroidery) alone is a better DPS source than Berserking. Couple that with Jewelcrafting (Three JC-only gems) and you have close to 200 DPS. I'm an Undead Mage (Tailor, Jewelcrafter) that loves being Undead. Will of the Forsaken has come in handy occasionally, but it's not the sole reason I play Undead.

Female Undead are awesome too. Best casting animation of all!
    "Welcome to Orgrimmar. Have you come to serve me whores?"

Horde doesn't want you.

I don't pvp much but for pve, trolls are by far the best. Once cataclysm hits though it will be orcs all the way. That is speaking strictly for the function of maximizing your dps. However if you aren't really planning on doing any end-game raiding I'd suggest choosing whichever one you think looks the coolest. I'd have to agree with the one of the most recent posters and say female undead are my favorite as far as looks go. Both their cast and melee animations are cool and I just like their overall model more than the male undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunthunter
    Horde doesn't want you.
    very productive comment.

As for Professions, I do Herbalism and Alchemy xD

Wait for Goblin, The % haste will give them reasonable PVE DPS bumps and the extra Blink will make you the most annoying PvP Frost Mage ever. Also kind of depends on how the Rocket turns out, it'll hopefully be good enough to fit into your rotation for a DPS increase.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Steady
    4 foot anorexic 12 year old girls are not "cool". And Berserking is a good +100dps to each Mage spec. If we're talking PvE Troll is the outstanding winner.
    Right, because deformed slim blueskinned hunchbacks with two branches coming out from their mouth are objectively very cool..

It mostly depends how much you care for the minor bonus that one racial can give you over the other. No one of those is going to be game breaking, but just useful under a certain situation. If that's your selling point, follow most of the advices given in this thread. But consider that racial bonus will be revamped with Cataclysm, so...

If, like me, you think that bonus isn't more relevant than what you actually enjoy to play, go for your personal taste. I personally think that Blood Elves are cool as mages, because of their look, their lore and their setting. But it's a matter of personal opinion, others will think differently and that's fine. A poll is not going to tell what YOU feel is cool to play and see..