Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: PUG with Blues, 3.3 Emblems, Comics

It is funny how so many people fail to realise that the real strength of warrior tanks is nothing to do with mitigation, avoidance, cooldowns etc. On all those they are close enough to the other tanking classes that it makes pretty much no difference on most fights.

The reason warrior tanks work so well in raids is due to the other things they can do. They are far and away the most mobile tanking class being able to very quickly move around as needed. They have very good aoe threat and yet again their aoe threat is mobile. Once a DK drops death and decay, good luck moving around for the next while. If they are a bit slow on a pack of adds, they can AoE taunt them until they build some aggro. They have more silences than any other tank, more stuns than any other tank, provide the best melee AP reduction debuff, the best raid health buff, stack the sunder debuff on the boss and if you are doing the farm runs no other tank can come close to the rate of pulls that a warrior can manage.

Yes you can make a raid with all the same capabilities without a warrior MT but you pretty much have to build the raid around not having a warrior. The only weakness of the warrior is the relatively small number of cooldowns but with so many healer cooldowns available now that is a lot easier to manage. If the mitigation is similar, the cooldowns are close enough and the threat is similar then it makes a hell of a lot of sense to use the tank that can stack a ton of buffs and debuffs while also having the greatest mobility, most taunts, fastest pulls, most interrupts etc. etc. etc. The reason so many guilds use warrior MTs is nothing to do with their damage reduction which is so close to the other tanks that it makes no difference. It is because they are just simply better at everything else that you will want your tank to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersho
    So theoretically I could hit 80 and be geared for ICC a day later because I can run unlimited heroics.
    well i don't think many people can say they've done every heroic in a day often :P so nothing particulary new.

Ahh gotta love the dl comics,awesome once again!

I am so excited about the badges! It'll be so nice to be able to gear up my Shaman that I've been leveling- without a lot of hassle of bad pugs through old content!

The crossrealm lfg will be nice too, since so many jerks want people to have like 3k dps for heroics.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    It is funny how so many people fail to realise that the real strength of warrior tanks is nothing to do with mitigation, avoidance, cooldowns etc. On all those they are close enough to the other tanking classes that it makes pretty much no difference on most fights.

The reason warrior tanks work so well in raids is due to the other things they can do. They are far and away the most mobile tanking class being able to very quickly move around as needed. They have very good aoe threat and yet again their aoe threat is mobile. Once a DK drops death and decay, good luck moving around for the next while. If they are a bit slow on a pack of adds, they can AoE taunt them until they build some aggro. They have more silences than any other tank, more stuns than any other tank, provide the best melee AP reduction debuff, the best raid health buff, stack the sunder debuff on the boss and if you are doing the farm runs no other tank can come close to the rate of pulls that a warrior can manage.

Yes you can make a raid with all the same capabilities without a warrior MT but you pretty much have to build the raid around not having a warrior. The only weakness of the warrior is the relatively small number of cooldowns but with so many healer cooldowns available now that is a lot easier to manage. If the mitigation is similar, the cooldowns are close enough and the threat is similar then it makes a hell of a lot of sense to use the tank that can stack a ton of buffs and debuffs while also having the greatest mobility, most taunts, fastest pulls, most interrupts etc. etc. etc. The reason so many guilds use warrior MTs is nothing to do with their damage reduction which is so close to the other tanks that it makes no difference. It is because they are just simply better at everything else that you will want your tank to do.
    Yeah, because a DRUID cannot do ANY of that... amirite?

/sarcasm.

Deleted

The reason warrior tanks work so well in raids is due to the other things they can do. They are far and away the most mobile tanking class being able to very quickly move around as needed. They have very good aoe threat and yet again their aoe threat is mobile. Once a DK drops death and decay, good luck moving around for the next while. If they are a bit slow on a pack of adds, they can AoE taunt them until they build some aggro.
    Wait what? You trolling? Warriors AOE threat is actually among the weakest. Paladin tanks have a pseudo AOE taunt on a miniscule (in comparison) cooldown and a regular taunt on a regular cooldown - both can be used as direct taunts as well, which allows a Paladin tank to taunt at incredible rates at incredible distances. Warriors are slightly more mobile than Paladins or Death knights, granted - but their own toolsets mean that they rarely should ever need to move in the first place. Loose add? Death Grip it right into the slaughterzone, it 'taunts' too.

Provide the best melee AP reduction debuff
    The talent improvements so expensive it'll have considerable impact on the warriors ability to manage threat. A Ret Paladin (or Prot Paladin) can keep up the improved version automatically, and at only 2 talent points which would have no impact on their DPS. Only limitation is that it can't always be applied immedietly on all targets in dense AOE situations.

the best raid health buff
    The talent improvements required which no proper prot warrior will ever pick up. DPS Warriors will provide this, not prots.

Yes you can make a raid with all the same capabilities without a warrior MT but you pretty much have to build the raid around not having a warrior. fastest pulls, most interrupts
    Fastest pulls? Would that not imply a rich amount of ranged pulling abilities, possessed bly classes like Prot Paladins or DKs?

That gearscore won't do much, you do random dungeons, get badges, buy new loot, gearscore increases.

Which is great, means I can gear my mage up so so fast (it's an alt)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbald
    I agree on the hit normalisation Rilgon, think it's even worse having traps use a dufferent hit than my shots...

On the random dungeon thing: hope you can do this as group, else pugging with strangers will reward more than playing with friends!!! Something I can not, in no possible way, see as fitting a social game.

Not the whole truth since you can have 2 of your friends online you form group of 3 ppl. So you need 2 pugs more to go random heroic you join the random dungeon thingy and get 2 new pugs and get fast in to the instance and get your rewards afterwards. (+OMG you played the social game with your friends)

Emblems in Patch 3.3
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Continuing to use the Random Heroic Dungeon option within that same day to complete dungeons will award you with two Emblems of Triumph each time in addition to those dropped in the instances. The random option can also select Heroic dungeons to which you may already be saved, so you can technically do every Heroic dungeon more than once in a day by continuing to use this option.
    Does this mean (the text in bold) the end of the Daily Heroic Quest entirely?
    So no more Proof of Demise?

Quote Originally Posted by Thacks
    That gearscore won't do much, you do random dungeons, get badges, buy new loot, gearscore increases.

Which is great, means I can gear my mage up so so fast (it's an alt)
    1) We don't know the actual requirement.
    2) I'm talking about a fresh 80. You wont be getting into any higher ilvl instances for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthunter
    Can someone help me with a few things, i am not that into PTR so:
    1. Will the dev team only be playing on US test servers?
    2. 4:00pm PST would be what in europe time? >.>
    1) I'm almost positive they will be, yes.
    2) PST is UTC-7. Does that help?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Anaxalexi
    Emblems in Patch 3.3

Continuing to use the Random Heroic Dungeon option within that same day to complete dungeons will award you with two Emblems of Triumph each time in addition to those dropped in the instances. The random option can also select Heroic dungeons to which you may already be saved, so you can technically do every Heroic dungeon more than once in a day by continuing to use this option.
    Does this mean (the text in bold) the end of the Daily Heroic Quest entirely? So no more Proof of Demise?
    It will become a feat of strength

Edited for miss-read and WTF unlimited HCs..

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthunter
    Can someone help me with a few things, i am not that into PTR so:
    1. Will the dev team only be playing on US test servers?
    2. 4:00pm PST would be what in europe time? >.>

Embarrassed at question 2, but...yea
    http://time.gov

Quote Originally Posted by Anaxalexi
    Emblems in Patch 3.3

Does this mean (the text in bold) the end of the Daily Heroic Quest entirely? So no more Proof of Demise?
    yes and no.

proof of demise will be there, but it will be a raid version. "proof of demise: sarth, pod: patchwerk," etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoriel
    NO

You are getting Instance Save and you can't do 1 heroic more than a day.
    wrong. you can repeat any heroic as long as it comes up in the random dungeon queue.

NO

Please read. You will be eligible to run any heroic that you are locked to if it is chosen for you via the Random Dungeon System.

You cannot run, say, Halls of Reflection twice in a row of your own volition, but if you're already saved for HoR, it is still a valid choice for the RDS to choose.

e:f,b
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

NO

Did you not read the
    The random option can also select Heroic dungeons to which you may already be saved, so you can technically do every Heroic dungeon more than once in a day by continuing to use this option.
    part?

people only play warrior tanks b/c other 3 tanks have good dps. warrior has be for top of the line geared to have any dps.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale
    Loose add? Death Grip it right into the slaughterzone, it taunts too.
    I cringe every time I see a retard like you who still thinks DG is a taunt.