A new 2s team.. or just some help

Hey guys, currently i am running a 2s team of myself (a rogue) and a Prot warrior (I know weird right?) but we are doing ok, 1k rating in 1 week. We just cant seem to get down disc priest/frost mage teams. just about every other combo is alright we manage with them, but not this team.

Anyone know another class taht would benefit me in 2s more? we have tried the warrior going arms, but he just gets ripped up since he hasnt got much resil gear (Since he has a lot of defense in prot it acts like resil) or any any info on how to help

Thanks

Re: A new 2s team.. or just some help

Quote Originally Posted by Frunhilda
    How is 1k rating in a week ok?

You can achieve that in an afternoon

If he lacks resil, than that can be your biggest problem. How much does he actually have?
    well its ok for us, it is our first time doing arena at all lol. im not 100% sure how much he has but its only around 300 or so

here's a few classes that would benefit you more to team up with than a warrior:

Priest( be it disc or shadow)
    Druid (feral or resto)
    Ret pally
    Mage
    Lock
    You could also try going with a shaman, but that's rather difficult unless your gear is really good.

And don't beat yourself up because you can't beat mage/priest teams. Your current comp consists of the two classes that struggles the most vs mages. Try playing priest/rogue vs mage/rouge and you'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Brannmannsam
    here's a few classes that would benefit you more to team up with than a warrior:

Priest( be it disc or shadow)
    Druid (feral or resto)
    Ret pally
    Mage
    Lock
    You could also try going with a shaman, but that's rather difficult unless your gear is really good.

And don't beat yourself up because you can't beat mage/priest teams. Your current comp consists of the two classes that struggles the most vs mages. Try playing priest/rogue vs mage/rouge and you'll see...

Mage / rogue hasnt been a good comp since BC

Get yourself a priest or a ret pally, first time I played arena we played ret / rogue and come to 1700 without any problem, we just tunnelvison'd the healer and won 70% of the times.

Resto drood / Rogue. Dont even talk to be about trying to take down a Disc or Holy pally. Either they have to really fuck up or be really stupid
    You are now breathing manually.

Quote Originally Posted by macke

Mage / rogue hasnt been a good comp since BC
    I do hope you're joking, I know that mage/rouge struggles somewhat more against certain comps these days than before, especially those with a dk and/or resto druid in it (for apparent reasons). Do note however that I said "vs a priest/rogue". See what I did there? Cause it really doesn't seem like you do^^

Prot warrior rogue cant beat mage priest ??? I really hope ur target is priest and not the mage . Cause the moment u go in for the mage they instantly win . If ur getting ccd by the mage when ur on the priest ur warrior is being bad , so tell ur warrior to L2 spell reflect and use more abailties .