How to fix blood pvp

So i'm in love with blood pvp, even though it has its limitations and being considered the worst pvp spec(for arena anyway)

And i figured i could share with you an idea of mine.

So what does blood need? Well utility is all they need, without making them OP tanks or screwing with dps in any way. This is a hard thing to do, but I have devised a plan. Now what the idea is: reduced effectiveness of healing.(MS NOOB!)But not in the traditional sence. There's plenty of ways to reduce healing effectiveness than just simply recuding the heal itself. Bear with me on this one guys.

So this is how I see it. Beside the obvius version, being MS and the like, there is such things as; heals damaging the healer based on the healed ammount, the deathknight recieving a part of the heal(not reducing and then give you health. Just heal you too), and a mana burn version. Even though I prefer the damage dealing one, but any of these will do just fine, depending on the ammount(Balance people!)

So how will this work? Quite simple actualy

Say you have the heal transfer version and it's at 20%(subject to balance), your target recieves a heal of 1k, you gain 200 health in addition to that. Reduced healing effectiveness by healing your oponents, yay for being unique!

Say you have the damage dealing one and it's at 20%(same as above for comparison), your target is not the healer, say a warrior, and recieves a 1k heal, the healer then recieves 200 damage. Reduced effectiveness by killing yourself by healing others, uniqueness hoe!

Mana burn? Pretty straight forward and it's the same as damage dealing one, it penalizes the healer instead of the one being healed. But the % will have to be lower obviously. Loosing 200 mana on a 1k heal would be quite devastating.

Now where will we get this ability(mind you we only need one of them)? As I see it there's only 2 viable options.

1. Add it to improved deathstrike talent. DS is your FU, but HS is your suposed mainstrike which you will be spamming alot more.
    2. Make a new talent and scrap one of the two crap talents in blood(vendetta and spell deflection, noone will miss them, methinks anyway.) Something along the lines of this

[Soul leeches] [0/3]

Your deathstrike causes the soul leeches effect, making (one of the aforementioned effects) for 10 seconds(or however long MS lasts)
    (Name can be changed, first thing i thought of)

Now there is the obvious problem of deathstrike hitting quite hard allready, and that should be considered when balancing the effect too. But we don't have alot of other options.

Unless you add it to plaguestrike ofcourse, but then it will be too wanted, and you might wind up with a frost/blood spec that gets the goodies of frost and still manages to reach down to this talent, if it would still be in the spot it replaced.

Another way would be add it to blood plague, but that in itself is a bad idea. Spreading a psuedo-ms on an entire team will be QQ'd until we drowned in tears.

And I do believe only blood should have this, because it's only lacking in support and utility moves, this should prove usefull to many teams.

"But what about teaming with a ms class, won't that be OP?" Well just think about it. If you have the damage version, the damage will only be based on an allready reduced heal effect, making it somewhat negligible, so that you might not even WANT a warrior or other MS class with you in a blood DK team. Which would be quite nice actualy.

So what do you think?

Feel free to discuss/come up with your own ideas/flame on/ignore

Cheers

Re: How to fix blood pvp

No.
    biym

Thanks for trying but it was a bad suggestion sadly. Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by sersouce

[Soul leeches] [0/3]
    rip off from destro tree :-X

Why would....

i believe blood will be much more competitive if they revert the DRW nerf and make hysteria deal damage again instead of loosing health. but than again blood will be viable only once every 3 minutes.

blood atm has huge burst potential in pvp but it can only shine every 1min 30 sec (drw cd)
    id agree that a ms wud be nice or a mana drain but atm we have soo much survivability in the minds of blizz that we are simply just meant to outlast the opponent.

and if we were to get buffed in pvp then the pve buff will come as well and then we'll get nerfed harder than we got buffed.. so atm.. stay quiet..

you saw wat happened to shamans. (t9 to t10)
    "A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy
    i believe blood will be much more competitive if they revert the DRW nerf and make hysteria deal damage again instead of loosing health. but than again blood will be viable only once every 3 minutes.
    losing health when activating hysteria isn't a problem in blood pvp unless you use it when under heavy fire.
    blood has two major problems that make them unattractive for (arena) pvp.

a) survivability / lack of defensive cooldowns
    b) mobility / lack of possibilities to stay on your target

Quote Originally Posted by nethariel.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43534
    I dont see any problems staying on your target
    "A wise man once told, Just because you can lift a car over your head and know your strong, does not mean your existance of life is more important than a Beetle who can lift 150 times his own size."
    http://imageshack.us/f/696/ultik.jpg/

Quote Originally Posted by Mikzor
    GL against druids buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

tested it once, didnt have any problems.

Shapeshift, HS, shapeshift, HS, shapeshift, HS

Ooooh nice the druid forgot to heal himself and died :P

(if you didnt realise by this point, i dont play at high ratings)
    "A wise man once told, Just because you can lift a car over your head and know your strong, does not mean your existance of life is more important than a Beetle who can lift 150 times his own size."
    http://imageshack.us/f/696/ultik.jpg/

nice unique MS ideas, but it most likely won't be given to DK's and warriors in cata instead, since blizzard wanted to make the warrior ability THE MS.

I respect your wishes to want to play competitively as blood, but just go Unholy. It'll save you alot of time and work.

Quote Originally Posted by nethariel.
    losing health when activating hysteria isn't a problem in blood pvp unless you use it when under heavy fire.
    blood has two major problems that make them unattractive for (arena) pvp.

a) survivability / lack of defensive cooldowns
    I meant the mechanics of hysteria.
    Before the change it was actually damaging you, thus breaking all the cc that breaks on damage.
    Now it just makes you loose hp and doesn't deal damage as it did, so the cc is not broken.

Crippling poison is still 70% snare, isnt it? Real prob, however, is that when you got CCed (i.e. imp. hamstering, roots, nova) other specs can either Deathcoil for 8k or Howling Blast for 6,5k, while all you can do is maybe /dance.

You guys are missing the reason blood doesn't do well. It is the same reason frost doesnt do well....... CLEANSE DISEASE WILL RAPE YOUR FACE As unholy you can put diseases back up fairly easily and you have an extra one. Not to mention your main nuke is Deathcoil hence unholy wins. Honestly frost does ok but not as well as it could if the dispel resistance on diseases was raised. Or if blizzard made it so 35% of our dmg was base on whether we have diseases up or not. NEWS FLASH Blood in full pve gear wrecks face. And then you get dispelled and you don't do much. Still goodtimes in BG's though. I 2 shot a priest as blood. 9k Heartstrike+11k Runestrike /thank the rogue i parried.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliahna
    You guys are missing the reason blood doesn't do well. It is the same reason frost doesnt do well....... CLEANSE DISEASE WILL RAPE YOUR FACE As unholy you can put diseases back up fairly easily and you have an extra one. Not to mention your main nuke is Deathcoil hence unholy wins. Honestly frost does ok but not as well as it could if the dispel resistance on diseases was raised. Or if blizzard made it so 35% of our dmg was base on whether we have diseases up or not. NEWS FLASH Blood in full pve gear wrecks face. And then you get dispelled and you don't do much. Still goodtimes in BG's though. I 2 shot a priest as blood. 9k Heartstrike+11k Runestrike /thank the rogue i parried.
    correct me if im wrong, but isnt blood is the only spec that can work w/o diseases? mainly because your highest damage attack does not require you to have a single disease on target?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyciphur
    correct me if im wrong, but isnt blood is the only spec that can work w/o diseases? mainly because your highest damage attack does not require you to have a single disease on target?
    Indeed. Blood loses 20% bonus damage on HS (i.e. 1/6th of HS damage), whereas Unholy loses a global 10% plus 13% magic (de)buff and individual modifiers, and Frost loses a global 15% plus 20% on all Frost damage and individual modifiers.

Oh, and Unholy doesn't reapply easily. It's a 25% chance per Scourge Strike, and that's being turned into a +3 seconds of duration, with a max of 9 before you need to reapply the old fashioned way.

COI removes the harmstring.