Poll: Deathbringer's Will or not?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Deathbringer's Will on Rets

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Garrosh
    Alright Update:

Aftering doign 10 man ICC and ToGC 25 I've found this.

You're current Highest Stat is chosen.

When Heroism and my Engy Hast eGloves are Procced I -always- get a Vrykul.

Otherwise It's random between the Taunka (Str) and Iron Dwarf (Crit)

But those are the only 3 I ever get.

I traded the trinket to a hunter while it had 2 hours left on it to try it:

Hunters get:

AP Proc
    Agi Proc
    Crit Proc

So I'm assuming it picks 3 for every class/spec.
    This is mostly correct. Each class that this works for (hunters, rogues, druids, warriors, DKs, pallys) get 3 stats that this trinket could proc for. What you are incorrect about is that your highest stat is always chosen. If this were true, it would proc nothing but AP. Each classes' specific 3 stats have an equal chance to proc.

DKs: Strength, Haste, Crit
    Druid: Strength, Agility, ArP
    Hunter: Agility, Crit, AP
    Paladin: Strength, Haste, Crit
    Rogue: Agility, ArP, AP
    Warrior: Strength, Crit, ArP

Apparently it's somewhere on EJ (I got this from WowHead, however). Also I'm not sure what they'd say for Shamans. I'd assume Strength, Agility, Haste...or something like that. :P

15+ Year Old Account

Agility, Haste, and Crit for Shaman.

Still can't see how this would be any better than Death's Verdict. (Napkin math incoming using the Stat ratings from the FAQ)

The passive stat is worse. (about 25 STR compared to easy mode DV)
    The proc has 2* Duration (30 vs 15) with 2* ICD (~90+5 vs ~45+5) = same uptime. (if wowhead is correct)
    The proc is either slightly better (+150 Str compared to easy mode DV), slightly worse (600 crit is ~ 350 Str -> -100 STR) or total crap (600 Haste ~ 250 Str -> - 200 STR).

Overall you're looking at either
    ~ +25 STR if you only get STR procs (won't happen)
    ~ -10 STR if you only get the Crit proc
    ~ -40 STR if you only get the Haste proc.

=> I think it should go to classes, that need the passive ArP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Still can't see how this would be any better than Death's Verdict. (Napkin math incoming using the Stat ratings from the FAQ)

The passive stat is worse. (about 25 STR compared to easy mode DV)
    The proc has 2* Duration (30 vs 15) with 2* ICD (~90+5 vs ~45+5) = same uptime. (if wowhead is correct)
    The proc is either slightly better (+150 Str compared to easy mode DV), slightly worse (600 crit is ~ 350 Str -> -100 STR) or total crap (600 Haste ~ 250 Str -> - 200 STR).

Overall you're looking at either
    ~ +25 STR if you only get STR procs (won't happen)
    ~ -10 STR if you only get the Crit proc
    ~ -40 STR if you only get the Haste proc.

=> I think it should go to classes, that need the passive ArP.
    hmm yes but with the 2set bonus it will become much more effective with the passive stat.

its totally random the proc i mean.

turn into a vyrkul equals 600 haste.
    iron dwarf 600 crit
    taunka (looks like tauren) 600 str

i replaced my darkmoon card for it and really wanna get that 2 set bonus now asap.
    and yes, it did inscrease my dps by replacing the darkmoon card, other trinket slot is DV.

Quote Originally Posted by Yata
    1) hmm yes but with the 2set bonus it will become much more effective with the passive stat.

2) it did inscrease my dps by replacing the darkmoon card, other trinket slot is DV.
    1) It will be better, but nowhere near as good as Attackpower. (right not AP is about twice as good !_!)

2) True, but the question still remains if it is better than DV , and if not, why not just go for dual DV and let the other melee take Deathbringer's Will.

turn into a vyrkul equals 600 haste.
    iron dwarf 600 crit
    taunka (looks like tauren) 600 str
    As I said if you get the Vrykul you're screwed :>.

15+ Year Old Account

so, the idea is to have more arP then haste. then that buff should be chosen instead of haste.

pretty easy imo

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    so, the idea is to have more arP then haste. then that buff should be chosen instead of haste.

pretty easy imo
    Are you sure it works that way?

But even if it did I wonder if an ArP proc would be significantly better than a haste proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    1) It will be better, but nowhere near as good as Attackpower. (right not AP is about twice as good !_!)

2) True, but the question still remains if it is better than DV , and if not, why not just go for dual DV and let the other melee take Deathbringer's Will.

As I said if you get the Vrykul you're screwed :>.
    If you have 2 DV's i think you should pass it. It's not that great for rets, but it's amazing for combat rogues, dks, warrios and mm hunters.

It's a very fun trinket, though. We got one yesterday and our rogue is still laughting at vent each proc. "TAUNREN ROGUE LOLOLOLOOLOLO"

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    If you have 2 DV's i think you should pass it. It's not that great for rets, but it's amazing for combat rogues, dks, warrios and mm hunters.

It's a very fun trinket, though. We got one yesterday and our rogue is still laughting at vent each proc. "TAUNREN ROGUE LOLOLOLOOLOLO"
    1) Yup (and chances are, that you will get 2 of them if your raid continiues running TotC)

2) Hell Yeah Tauren Rogues !
    PS: Screw those rogues - yesterday's Recount was like: Mutilate Rogue >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (2k dps later) Me > Rest