Macro's for TotGC 10

Hey, Nikoli of EU Thunderhorn here.
    Recently become geared enough for TotGC 10 man. sitting on 38.9k ub health, 26.5% dodge, 21% parry and 13% block. (I wont post my armoury as ive logged out in holy gear, and my holy gear fails, lol).

I have read alot of posts suggesting to use HoP, HoS etc macro's. Now I've only ever used macro's to post trades for selling shit easier, cz im lazy like that, lol. So i haven't a clue about writing them myself. Can anyone give some input for suggested/essential macro's i will need to use. Especially on Gormock. Or even a website that i can copy them from.

Your input is very much appreciated.

ADDED: Please no trolling, i have no interest in hearing shit like ''noob, you shouldnt use macro's'' etc etc. I can and will report it.

Thank you,

Nikoli
    Retards should not be aided. They should just be pointed toward the coldest pole on which to stick their tongue.
    A Balance Druid who has balanced the Balance in his Balance Spec between Crit and Haste is a Balanced Balance Druid.
    80 Druid (exBC toon), 80 Mage (Arcane), 80 DK (lol), 80 Hunter (MM), 80 Pally(prot/ret), 61 Rogue (Ass/Subt), 80 Lock (Demo/Affli), 23 Warr (Prot/fury hybrid).
    Pally - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Nikoli.
    Hunter - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Grubba

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Macro's for TotGC 10

Honestly it depends on a few things:

Your Talents
    Your Raid Composition
    Your Boss Strats

There can eb a number of ways to go about doing things.

Yea just like what Ronark said... but in general, I don't think you will need any macros other than mouseover taunt macros (I just find mouseovers very useful in general!)

In guild 10 mans we usually run with atleast 2 pally's. ME tanking (obv) and a ret (our GM). sometimes we have a third as holy, but thats not as often. As i usually MT due to being the best geared tank in the guild. My OT tends to be our Warr or DK. We currently do not have a Fluffy Bear.

My armoury is this

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rhorn&n=Nikoli

Just click on my prot talents to see what i am. I need to sort them out a little, as I havent changed them since i was min maxing threat testing. But the talents im changing dont effect CD's or abilities. We havent attempted in guild hard modes, i keep getting asked by PuG kings (the guildless ones, or people from top guild on my server PuGing the with alts etc) Cz they tell me im a reliable tank, and actually can tank well . Most of them, by word of mouth, use the 3 stack MT, 4 stack OT, 3, 3, 3, 3, etc etc. Atleast i think thats how it goes.

However i do beleive the macro's will aid me elsewhere, aswell with upcoming content.
    Retards should not be aided. They should just be pointed toward the coldest pole on which to stick their tongue.
    A Balance Druid who has balanced the Balance in his Balance Spec between Crit and Haste is a Balanced Balance Druid.
    80 Druid (exBC toon), 80 Mage (Arcane), 80 DK (lol), 80 Hunter (MM), 80 Pally(prot/ret), 61 Rogue (Ass/Subt), 80 Lock (Demo/Affli), 23 Warr (Prot/fury hybrid).

Quote Originally Posted by Riek
    Yea just like what Ronark said... but in general, I don't think you will need any macros other than mouseover taunt macros (I just find mouseovers very useful in general!)
    I have keybound my taunts to the 'back' 'forward' buttons on my mouse, they suit me nicely :P.
    Other than that, i hear alot about the use of macro's for the hard mode fights, Gormock specifically, to HoP the tank you taunt off to clear thier impale debuff, or HoS/cancel aura that i have seen to be useful when an impale is imminent.

as long as you BoP the other tank when your done with the 1st of the beast bosses to get rid of the impale effect fast its not much stuff worth doing. If your tanking acidmaw, you can Hand of sacrefice the other tank when dreadscale enrages to give the healers some slack, and on anub you should know how to use holy wrath. apart from that its not realy a lot harder then regular totc if your raid isnt filled with retards.

If you use a raid ui such as grid, mouseover macros will probably sort whatever you want to do.

#showtooltip Ability Name
    /cast [target=mouseover] Ability Name

For instance with HoP (I assume its called Hand of Protection in the spellbook?):

#showtooltip Hand of Protection
    /cast [target=mouseover] Hand of Protection

Drag that macro and bind it to any key, such as G. Now whenever you have your mouse cursor over your tank/his name plate/his nameplate on a raid UI and press G he'll be HoP'd.

You could of course modify your macros if you always want to HoP/whatever a specific person.
    e.g.
    /cast [target=Offtank Name] Ability Name

Or! You can set your macros to occur on the focus'd target.
    /cast [target=focus] Ability Name

You can set your focus by typing /focus name, selecting someone then typing /focus or even having a /focus your mouseovered target via another macro, hurah!

Quote Originally Posted by bawkbawkboom
    I have keybound my taunts to the 'back' 'forward' buttons on my mouse, they suit me nicely :P.
    Other than that, i hear alot about the use of macro's for the hard mode fights, Gormock specifically, to HoP the tank you taunt off to clear thier impale debuff, or HoS/cancel aura that i have seen to be useful when an impale is imminent.
    Just like what Seventeen said, you can use macro for that...

However, I just manually click the OT or MT (I go ret or holy in togc) and hop them simply, i didn't think mouseover or having macro for specific person for HOP would be the best.

The only macros I have for tank spells is doing /ra or /y to say that I blew off my CD to let everyone know in the raid, or that I have taunted

I totally adore your healing shield <3

besides the obvious taunt macros i use only the one for faster remove on HOP. you dont need any specific macro, just hotkey HOSacr HOSalv HOP and couple others and you are done.

omg noob - you have fail tank gear.
    Maybe try healing?
    (We get our SP from Strength now!)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by syvas
    Maybe try healing?
    l2r the op post
    Quote Originally Posted by bawkbawkboom
    ive logged out in holy gear, and my holy gear fails.

Re: Macro\'s for TotGC 10

Maybe try healing?
    You take the time to armory them, but do not take the time to read the post...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Bawkbawk is my best irl friend =p
    I'm just taking the piss

Bawkbawk is my best irl friend =p
    I'm just taking the piss
    you either need to

A) go do that whole "pissing" thing in the bathroom

or

B) put the piss back where it came from

either way..wow
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/Board3r24/Sig.jpg
    (Sig too large)

/target demon chain

that should work

Really, it's almost useless simply to ask "hai give me macros". If you have problems to use a skill on a target, you need a macro. If you want to dispell faster, you might want to use a macro. But if you don't know what you want, is really hard to help you.

If you want to clean yourself on Gormok and dispell your bubble asap, that is what you are looking for

/cancelaura Divine Shield
    /cast Divine Shield

Just click it twice.

Macro's are hardly needed for a prot paladin at TOGC. You really should focus more in "how to:x" movies or how to gear, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronic420
    you either need to

A) go do that whole "pissing" thing in the bathroom

or

B) put the piss back where it came from

either way..wow
    C) Maybe refrain from posting a joke on the mmo-champion forums because I was stupid enough to forget I'de collect a few lol responses? :P

A macro I find very useful is

/tar Mistress
    /cast Hand of Reckoning

it can be hard to spot the Mistress most of the time when everyone's killing the portal, and considering she spawns before the portal despawns, so spamming this macro while your hitting the portal is a good way to save someone from getting hit once.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

1. target portal
    2. SEE mistress spawn
    3. use HotR
    4. press tab

Ok guys, it's been much appreciated for your sensible input (bar Syvas, you retardfailadin you :P)

Other than that, thanks for the help .

Bawkbawkboom