Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Warlock Threat Reduction Buff!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aerikaya
    I've been on both sides of the coin.

Tanking on my paladin, I have no trouble holding aggro with ilvl 245 warlocks going to town... our feral druid and hunters are always closer to pulling.
    On my 'lock I sometimes have to back off when grouped with anyone other than my 25man OTs(full 245 war and druid)

It's a good change, but not much needed unless you are constantly running with tanks which you outgear by alot.
    While we are on this little carousel, I might as well add my two cents:

-Feral druids don't have much in the way of threat reducing talents and their aggro dump requires actually paying attention. Also, a lot of ferals don't think they have to move off the boss during the entire fight.
    -If a hunter EVER pulls aggro, they deserve to be booted.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

I'd rather have damage buffed to warrant the current threat,

but whatever.
    www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

never realy have problems with threat in raids, but i just have to watch out in the start.
    if i start to early and have 3 crits in a row i got aggro right away.
    usualy wait till the tank has about 15/20+ agro in omen then its bit more safe to crit:P

Before wotlk everyone had threat problems. It is part of the game and i think it should have stayed like that.

But ofcourse it's not oke that all classes have threat reduction except warlocks. On my elemental shaman i don't even look at omen ever.

With this warlocks really have no reason to complain about threat anymore. This is also essentially a buff to SS since its % based as well and locks will now be able to hold off much longer before using it, if they have to use it at all. Even with the triple crit opener of a Immolate, Conflagrate, and Chaos Bolt, they shouldnt be in the pull aggro range.

Just to start with...

Playing a i245 lvl geared lock. Not gonna say I dont have issues with aggro(hell I do quite often), BUT in the end it all comes down to your skill and awarness.

Heroics - General tank threat in heroics is shit(have 2 tank chars myself/warr has problems/druid is just lolol101FaceRollkeyboardWIN threat), but the idea is as follows: If you go into heroic, always count on the fact that you will eventually pull aggro, and therefor if you go mental dps, do so onto mobs which u can solo(casters or such, etc). Most of tanks with general idea will let u dps the mob for a while and then taunt and do some shit to it, or even better stun the mob and let u finish it. That usually works for me in ym guild. Simply put: In heroics U dont touch what u cant kill yourself.

Lesser raids(naxx etc) - If you even venture here with the current gear availible(maybe just for fun/badges/gear alts), same thing here implies as in heroics. Most of time the mobs/bosses miss alot on tanks due to high avoidance = ending with u on top aggro list. Therefor, play smart (wait wut?, again comes down to skill and awarness), let tank take initial aggro and then boom open you mad deeps, go to 130-140% threat, pull boss, shatter, dps once again = boss dead (most bosses in these instances either die fast or switch phases alowing u to loose agggro)

End-game raids - Here the fun starts and sadly for locks there aint much of it. Tank threat here will be np, bosses will hit them more often/for more dmg. You need to know the fights to avoid aaggro issues, using shatter at the right times, making sure u get handjob from pala(if possible), or making sure tank knows when to taunt boss/if tauntable(this is mainly the case of Hodir fight - 70k conflag ftw). As for CC raid, there shouldnt be any issue, maybe only on NRB, twins and anub, but from my pov as locks stand dmg-wise, you shouldnt have a problem, cause u can almost always outsmart the fight(switching colours/boss on twins, shatter, handjob, or let tank rebuild his threat).

But here comes the main issue of warlocks. We deffo need a dmg buff, because atm our output is rather poor in comparison to other classes. Doesnt matter which spec u take, u wont get too high on the dmgmeter, Affli/demo are useful only for specific fights(yogg/anub), or generaly just bring demo spec to support the raid with your lolguard buff. The major dps spec is destro ofc, but even when talking bout raiding with equally geared/skilled players of various classes, you will end up beaten. Good old TBC days r gone /cry.

So thats my opinion:-) /peace lads

I play a Palidan Tank.

I am yet to see locks surpass me on threat, yes, they might get to ~110% threat,especially on fights like Beasts where im not generating agro the whole time due to being stunned / the other noob tank is tanking, but in that case i just throw them a Hand of Salvation and problem is solved.

In my latest VoA - Kolo -, a hunter was pulling 9k DPS who refused to FD the entire fight he recieved 3 Hand of Salvations from various palidans in the raid and was sitting at about 95% threat the entire time, which is alot more than most dps, who sit around 70-80% of my threat.

I'm just curious don't any of you have capable rogues? They can push the tank every 30 seconds in aggro. If they don't do that they shouldn't be in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure17
    Do you know what your talking about? You apperently haven't ran with a good lock, im not saying im good but, when i have to ask for a salv and bop because SS is down im pretty sure its fucked.
    That doesn't mean you're any good. It means your tanks are bad and need to do some research in reference to itemizing and generating threat.

Yes, Warlock threat has to be altered, for a variety of reasons. BUT it's not to the extent that we can't go all-out 'or else we pull aggro'. We can go all out, assuming the tank has half a brain. If you somehow DO pull aggro, you shatter. So what Gherkin said is completely true. At this point our aggro isn't a main issue. It's our damage that is extremely low and it's our damage scaling that has to be fixed.

If you pull, your tank sucks, not your class.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by Cromargon
    I'm just curious don't any of you have capable rogues? They can push the tank every 30 seconds in aggro. If they don't do that they shouldn't be in the raid.
    Rogues circle jerk TotT with each other after the initial pull for the damage buff.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    You're new here.
    Gherkin = fun boards
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.