Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...

Re: Warlocks, Scaling, and 3.3 - We won't suck so much

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    GC just waved away with "they are gimmick fights" wich to a warlock is a pure insult considering 4 out of 5 were gimmick fights which by all means can be looked up as a normal fight then cos gimmick in its essence is used for speaking of something out of the ordinary, not the normal it is in TOC.
    Finally, you are catching on what I have been hoping someone would grab for the last week. "Gimmick fights" are not 'gimmicks'. They are just normal fights. EVERY fight has a gimmick. In ToC, the gimmicks don't favor warlocks. In ICC, the gimmicks won't favor warlocks. Fights with zero "gimmick" might be ok for warlocks, but as fights increase in difficulty, they necessarily require "gimmicks".

Think of every boss fight that blizzard has developed and then slim it down to the ones that were determined to be HARD WHEN THEY WERE RELEVANT. The VAST majority of "hard" fights all had a gimmick. The conclusion, therefore, is that hard fights have 'gimmicks'. Following from that, gimmick fights are hard.

ICC is supposed to be hard, therefore ICC will have "gimmick" fights. "Gimmick fights" will be the norm in ICC. Warlocks don't do well on "gimmick fights" because they lack damage cooldowns and they lack cleave/splash damage. It follows, logically, that warlocks won't do well in ICC.

As long as i top equal shadow priests I dont care much,
    why do we al complain so much?
    Because some other classes out dps us?
    SO?? let them have the dps, classes will never be perfectly balanced, so there will be one char with less dps..
    I hope you all play walock because you like the gameplay behind it, and not the dps that we used to have in TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Evert
    SO?? let them have the dps, classes will never be perfectly balanced, so there will be one char with less dps..
    I hope you all play walock because you like the gameplay behind it, and not the dps that we used to have in TBC
    At the top, warlocks are being excluded from progression raids- except for one DP warlock.

In the middle, the serious raiding warlock is looking at recount and wondering what he's doing wrong when he has his face glued to the monitor all fight and the lesser geared mage is beating him.

The casual warlock is rerolling his mage because no guild on his server is recruiting warlocks.

And the newbie, when deciding what class to roll, comes to this forum, sees a class with so much angst and rolls a druid instead (they all seem so happy over in the druid forum).
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

15+ Year Old Account

If warlocks are as poor as they are in TOC any serious guild will fill the spot with another class. The "not if the warlockplayer is good" that I've seen GC typed is just wrong. How hard is WOW to play? Im not saying its not full of tons of totally skilless players but I am saying that there are plenty enough good players, plenty enough to have no problem putting someone else on a warlock spot.
    My own guild bench all warlocks but 1 for Anub HC (demo buff-bot) and this is very very common practice from guilds doing insanity.
    There are no real reason to bring a warlock at all in TOC tbh, except to throw him a raid or two so he doesn't swap guild

This is not some imaginary doomsday event. It's happening allready in highend guilds. GUILDS BENCH WARLOCKS! :'(
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    And the newbie, when deciding what class to roll, comes to this forum, [b]reads Gherkin's guide and goes "AWESOME" until they reach level 75, at which point they go "WTF /reroll".
    Fixed it for you.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    Ghostcrawler is a certefied idiot when it comes to warlocks. It's the designers behind him that make the call but in all honesty if he's being the spokesman trying to defend the warlock PvE DPS with arguments that it has to do with l2p, gimmick fights etc hes an even more idiot than them.
    Any sane person know its the scaling and clunky taletents that made warlocks go from a true pure dps in Naxx, Ulda25 -> meh pure dps Ulda25 hc -> TOC loldps.

He pick his arguments as Goebbels did in Nazi Germany, as long as they suit his opinion its fine.

"Players tend to focus too much on spreadsheats instead of the actualy gameplay" at some times and now in his latest warlock answers it took a 180 degree turn into "Our numbers show warlocks do as they should" "Gimmickfights", "warlocks are fine I suspect its l2p".

So how is it Goebbels, can pure factional numbers be counted as a valid argument or not.
    Fuck nazis, fuck GC.
    *Certified*Idiot

Definately worth trolling.

i personally prefer affliction. Demo has always been boring to me and destro is just well...too straight forward.
    However, affliction still feels the same as it did back in level 60 (vanilla wow ), whilst the rest of the game and game mechanics have moved on. The talent tree is in a mess as well.

And the newbie, when deciding what class to roll, comes to this forum, reads Gherkin's guide and goes "AWESOME" until they reach level 75, at which point they go "WTF /reroll".
    Too bad I didn't read this back in vanilla wow. :