Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Caverns of Time Instance: "The War of the Ancients"

I can almost garantee we will be seeing this in some form come Cataclysm. Why?
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Korialstrasz

War of the Ancients
    At the beginning of the first war against the legion, Korialstrasz became incredibly and inexplicably weak. The cause, which Alexstrasza later determined, was Korialstrasz's future self, Krasus, existing the same time period as a result of being flung back from ten thousand years in the future (See Modern Era section below). Neither incarnation was able to shape-shift during this time. After being rescued from Cenarius' glade, Krasus was brought to Life Caverns, home of the Reds, where he was united with his past self. Despite great temptation, Krasus refrained from revealing any future events to anyone, even his queen, from fear of radically altering the future. Aided by a vision from Nozdormu the Timeless One, the younger and older Korialstraszs then teamed up to find the young druid Malfurion Stormrage, eventually joining the night elf resistance to the Burning Legion's invasion. Often, while Krasus led the night elf spellcasters, Korialstrasz would either aid the host from above, raining fire down on the demons, or rally some sort of surprise ally. Both Krasus and Korialstrasz fought valiantly against the likes of Hakkar the Houndmaster, Mannoroth the Destructor, Archimonde the Defiler, Sargeras the Destroyer, and their twisted former friend and allies, Neltharion the Earth-Warder and his Black Dragonflight. After escaping the Great Sundering of the Well of Eternity and the legion's defeat, Krasus and his companions were returned to their own time by Nozdormu.

Re: New Caverns of Time Instance: "The War of the Ancients"

that's the strongest evidence for a CoT instance i've ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Krasus and his companions were Broxigar and Rhonin (though Broxigar didn't make it back). This is taken from the book trilogy 'War of the Ancients' not from some Blizzard lore page on their site. As for this 'surprise ally' I have no idea what he's referring to.

You can read it that way, but that's how the person who summarized it on WoWWiki put it, it's not how Blizzard (or even the author of the books) put it.

Of course there's plenty of places where *we* can help in the War of the Ancients, but the war itself is a huge effort so it's not like we'd be able to experience the entire thing (it's three books).

killing hundreds of demons alongside krasus, rhonin, brox, illidan, malfurion, tyrande and the leaders of the dragonflights..

where the hell do i sign up.
    Gear = Skill, didn't you guys get the memo?

If there's a new CoT instance, it'll probably be Deathwing related. Maybe the destruction of the Demon Soul or something.

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel
    If there's a new CoT instance, it'll probably be Deathwing related. Maybe the destruction of the Demon Soul or something.
    Maybe you should re-read it. It is Deathwing-related.

Quote Originally Posted by Teestala
    killing hundreds of demons alongside krasus, rhonin, brox, illidan, malfurion, tyrande and the leaders of the dragonflights..

What he said. I could see this being another raid instance for CoT which I think would be fantastic

Kill the Zerg, drive them before you, and listen to the lamentations of the Protoss!

10+ Year Old Account

Yes please.
    Vek'nilash/Skywall US

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

I agree with Hessie - something on this scale would have to be a raid, since the War of the Ancients (even after Knaak fucked with it) was a fairly epic event in Azerothian history. And the argument for it is definately plausible...Neltharion's betrayal and transformation into Deathwing was something of a turning point in that war. I would definately like to see this as a CoT instance.
    Originally Posted by Fargo (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The primordial soup that creates heroes never tastes of rainbows -- it’s a lumpy gumbo of suffering and evil.

HEY GUYS DIDN'T RHONIN ALREADY DO THAT

I MEAN IF HE ALREADY DID THAT WHY WOULD WE DO IT

RHONIN WILL PROBABLY TAKE US BACK WITH HIM AGAINLOL

BTW I LOVE KNAAK (and caps)

hmm not a huge lore guy but would this maybe use one of the hyjal portals that are locked?
    80 Warrior
    80 Death knight
    80 Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Teestala

^^^

This.

Oh, by all the Azerothian Gods, THIS.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mrsauriol
    hmm not a huge lore guy but would this maybe use one of the hyjal portals that are locked?
    I'm pretty sure that the War of the Ancients doesn't exclusively take place in Hyjal, so I'm assuming... No.

Also, and I'm sure I could be wrong on this, as I started too late into BC to get into MH, but don't those portals lead to the bases? (Left: Alliance, Right: Horde, Middle: Night Elf. Or something like that). They get unlocked once you reach that far into MH. (Again, not too sure.)
    Vek'nilash/Skywall US

oh yea maybe ive only ever puged it and gone in the first one
    80 Warrior
    80 Death knight
    80 Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Tunak
    I can almost garantee we will be seeing this in some form come Cataclysm. Why?
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Korialstrasz

It would really be a fun experience if WotA came as CoT instance. Yet, you are interpret the information all wrong. As stated above, these "surprising allys" or companions are Broxigar and Rhonin. They are referred to as "surprising allys" because neither Orc, nor Humans, had ever been seen before by the Night Elves. Krasus, on the other hand, being in the form of a High Elf is much more like them.
    "Malfurion can apparently pop everyone into the dream and make a dream state army.. oh and summon the forest animals in a way that makes Snow White jealous. He's like the Ace ventura of the Emerald Dream. "

Quote Originally Posted by Lotharion

maybe the bronze dragons will take us back in time when roning almost got sent to the past and we will join him as minor character that history doesn`t care to mention

Quote Originally Posted by Lotharion

infinite dragons?

Seriously. Do it. Make it a raid though. And make it more than just battling crazy amounts of demons imo. Throw me a few twists, different locations, etc.

Hakkar the Houndmaster, Mannoroth the Destructor, Archimonde the Defiler, Sargeras the Destroyer, and their twisted former friend and allies, Neltharion the Earth-Warder and his Black Dragonflight.
    Let's say that this was true and this was going to be a CoT raid. Maybe I've just played too much of the game lately, but imagine if once you beat each of the bosses, they had a cut scene and showed them making an escape in a Dynasty Warriors style. Archimond saying "This is not my time to die, I still have to burn your petty world tree." It's so much of a better way than them being banished.

Oh, and can some lore expert explain to me how Hakkar died? Wowwiki was a little confusing.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

The WoWWiki description seems clear enough to me. Basically, Hakkar was about to kill Tyrande when Malfurion (to put it in in-game terms, lol) cast Hurricane and killed his ass. I don't have my copies of the WotA trilogy handy, otherwise I'd look it up...I think it's in the second book, but don't quote me on that.
    Originally Posted by Fargo (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The primordial soup that creates heroes never tastes of rainbows -- it’s a lumpy gumbo of suffering and evil.