site width in Firefox

any idea why i have to zoom Firefox out now to view the site without a scrollbar at the bottom of the screen in firefox when maximised at 1024x786 ?

im pretty certain it didnt overfill maximised Firefox before (and its not by a lot either, just an annoying little bit and enough to make the scrollbar necessary)

have you abadoned that as a standard internet display resolution or is there maybe something wrong with my Firefox ?
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Re: site width in Firefox

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit
    any idea why i have to zoom Firefox out now to view the site without a scrollbar at the bottom of the screen in firefox when maximised at 1024x786 ?

im pretty certain it didnt overfill maximised Firefox before (and its not by a lot either, just an annoying little bit and enough to make the scrollbar necessary)

have you abadoned that as a standard internet display resolution or is there maybe something wrong with my Firefox ?
    Nothing is wrong with your Firefox, your monitor is too small. :P

It also bothers me that a standard resolution like 1024x768 isn't correctly accounted for in the web design. When I'm not using my primary monitor, the scroll bar annoys me as well. Here's a workaround:

Install Stylish.
    Right click the Stylish tray icon, click Write New Style > For www.mmo-champion.com

Paste this:
    Code:
    @namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("www.mmo-champion.com") {
    div[class=global]
      {
       padding: 0px !important;
      }
    }
    Now it will fit.

I don't have access to MMOC's stats, but I do have another decent sample size WoW site's stats.
    1. 1280x1024 24.57%
    2. 1680x1050 17.78%
    3. 1024x768 17.28%
    4. 1440x900 12.97%

Smaller sample, newer data
    1. 1680x1050 20.81%
    2. 1280x1024 20.71%
    3. 1440x900 14.24%
    4. 1024x768 11.18%

1024x768 is shrinking quickly, and I know on any future design work I do, I won't be bending over backwards to support it. The results are roughly similar to http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey .