Thread: Shadow tier 10

Shadow tier 10

Anyone else notice all the spirit is gone? Hopefully they are just a placeholder otherwise... so much for that glyph of shadows buff.

Re: Shadow tier 10

complaining for no spirit...

"Sup guise, I see you dont want crit or haste so we'll give you spirit instead? How about that?"

Are you seriously saying 'yes' to that?
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Idk, it's a valid concern imo

1: With the haste change, DoTs will be need to be refreshed more often, and as our two recasted dots are also our largest mana costing spells, it's a no-brainer that our mana use will go up significantly.

2: Like the OP, I also think it's odd that they would buff our Glyph of Shadow so that Spriests finally have scaling with spirit roughly on par with locks at least, only to completely purge our T10 of the stat.

While I'm not saying "hey, take away our haste/crit and give spirit in its place" since of course mathematically it doesn't work in our favour, I do believe that the two above points could use some mulling over :P

It should be noted however that the T10 listings for warlock/mage doesn't have any Spirit either, while T9s like the Shadow set has the stat on some pieces. I'd say either this is the "glitch" that was mentioned on the front page or that Blizz really does plan to drop Spirit as a DPS stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat
    Idk, it's a valid concern imo

1: With the haste change, DoTs will be need to be refreshed more often, and as our two recasted dots are also our largest mana costing spells, it's a no-brainer that our mana use will go up significantly.

2: Like the OP, I also think it's odd that they would buff our Glyph of Shadow so that Spriests finally have scaling with spirit roughly on par with locks at least, only to completely purge our T10 of the stat.

While I'm not saying "hey, take away our haste/crit and give spirit in its place" since of course mathematically it doesn't work in our favour, I do believe that the two above points could use some mulling over :P

It should be noted however that the T10 listings for warlock/mage doesn't have any Spirit either, while T9s like the Shadow set has the stat on some pieces. I'd say either this is the "glitch" that was mentioned on the front page or that Blizz really does plan to drop Spirit as a DPS stat.
    No its not.

Im Telling you why(I hope u understand "my" English")

To Point 1: Were getting manareg from a glyph what makes our Mana Issues like it is now. I do have one Spirit Item and no imp IST and still havent any mana Problem(you have to use dispersion on fights like Anub(massdoting) ) If you need Spirit for Manaregen, there are always the otherslots u can fill with spirit but I dont think this is needed.

To Point 2: Even with this Buff, Spirit ist the worst stat for us(only counting SP/Haste/Crit &Spirit as stats) So this is still a Buff even if you have not that much Spirit, you will still get more benefit out of the other stats than Spirit.

In My Eyes this Set is the (far) best Set we ever had(assuming the stats they have right now) coz:

-best setbonus ever
    -looks great as always(ecxept if you play human male:>)
    -No Spirit means no wasted Item points for that.
    -Only 2 of 5 have hit.

We could even wear 5/5 without loosing much dps. But im sure there will be slightly better Non-Set items aswell.
    Atm im still wearing t8.5 helm coz Onyxia never dropps priests... and there is no alternative in TogC except 258 Holy hat..which isnt that easy to get:<

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    No its not.

Im Telling you why(I hope u understand "my" English")

To Point 1: Were getting manareg from a glyph what makes our Mana Issues like it is now. I do have one Spirit Item and no imp IST and still havent any mana Problem(you have to use dispersion on fights like Anub(massdoting) ) If you need Spirit for Manaregen, there are always the otherslots u can fill with spirit but I dont think this is needed.

To Point 2: Even with this Buff, Spirit ist the worst stat for us(only counting SP/Haste/Crit &Spirit as stats) So this is still a Buff even if you have not that much Spirit, you will still get more benefit out of the other stats than Spirit.

In My Eyes this Set is the (far) best Set we ever had(assuming the stats they have right now) coz:

-best setbonus ever
    -looks great as always(ecxept if you play human male:>)
    -No Spirit means no wasted Item points for that.
    -Only 2 of 5 have hit.

We could even wear 5/5 without loosing much dps. But im sure there will be slightly better Non-Set items aswell.
    Atm im still wearing t8.5 helm coz Onyxia never dropps priests... and there is no alternative in TogC except 258 Holy hat..which isnt that easy to get:<
    You're assuming that 1% base mana every 3 seconds is enough to offset increase mana consumption through hasted dots as well as regen lost from loss of spirit.

1% base mana = 39 (rounded up, source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Base_mana)

39*20/12 = 65mp5.

That's prob as far as my math abilities go, but at least to me, it doesn't seem like 65mp5 is enough to offset increased mana use, and most definitely not during times of multi-dotting, plus a VT dropping back to 15sec base duration adds even more strain on mana.

I'm even less familiar with the Spirit regen formula, but the 300some spirit that would have been on the T10 and isn't also probably works out be much more than 65mp5.

No matter how you look at it, I don't see how you can deny that our mana consumption will increase and mana regen will decrease. The important questions you should be asking is whether the changes warrant actual mana concerns, and also whether the spiritless version we saw only a few hours ago is even going to be the finalized one. Question why the sky is blue, not if it is.

We finally get a perfectly itemized tier set, and you complain?

Get a bunch of spirit offpieces if it bothers you that much, so the rest of us can laugh at you.

Placeholder. Mages / Warlocks / Spriests sets have same stats.
    A Possible replacement for Archimonde. Beware all ye landlubbers.

Guess what? l2improvise, bichiz.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekezor
    Placeholder. Mages / Warlocks / Spriests sets have same stats.
    Or maybe they realised the 3 classes benefit from the same stats, and decided it's time it's fair and priests doesn't need to have bad itemisation for no good reason...

I hate to go a lil off topic but i dont think this is worth creating another thread... with the 4 set of tier it reads

* (4) Set: Reduces the channel duration by 0.5 sec and period by 0.17 sec on your Mind Flay spell.

whats the mean exactly.. i know say mf with no hast is 3 second cast so its 2.5 but wats the .17 mean >.<

It's the reduction in time between ticks. Divide 0.5 seconds by 3 ticks.

AH i understand now.. cheers bud

Yeah I wasn't complaining about the haste and crit at all, more over the fact that I read these posts from others saying how we are going to scale better because of hasted dots and spirit scaling better with the glyph of shadows buff. Then to have no spirit on our gear completely throws one of the buffs out of the window.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    Or maybe they realised the 3 classes benefit from the same stats, and decided it's time it's fair and priests doesn't need to have bad itemisation for no good reason...
    nah they should just combine all casters into one class, and all melee into another class so everyone will be happy that it is balanced.

Not even warlock gear got it this time.
    So long Fel armor and life tap glyph.. gonna miss you.
    Hell I gotta regear a lot of stuff.
    Guess it's preperation for cataclysm MEH...