Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Ret T10 stats!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Resilience? What about Spellpower when it only affected Consecration and FoL?
    it used to affect crusader strike too...
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Quote Originally Posted by macke
    Looks really good atm.

All the haste is probably some really pathetic way to fix the stacking of seal of vengeance.
    Or just blizzards way of saying "Sorry, we knoe armor pen is counter-intuitive so here's a different garbage stat"

I'm just ready for the leather nerf. So i can quit including agi pieces in my obtainable gear sets. The t9 2-set just gives me a headache in terms of gear/stat scaling. It all makes sense, but everything is now variant on everything else. I suppose I shouldn't complain, but I miss the good old days of Str > all

A quick implementation of the armor --> Attack power talent like our other plate dps'ing compadres would be an immense step in the right direction. I'm tired of stacking nothing but Str and still having less ap by a LONG shot than warrior and death knight counter-parts.

the problem with haste and rampup is that most of the stacks come from the strikes, not whites, and haste doesn't affect ther cooldowns (global or otherwise). /if I correct in assuming that the retri strikes do ramp up the stacks/

Quote Originally Posted by zox
    the problem with haste and rampup is that most of the stacks come from the strikes, not whites, and haste doesn't affect ther cooldowns (global or otherwise). /if I correct in assuming that the retri strikes do ramp up the stacks/
    Stop please.

??? my pala is prot, and the prot strike does proc the seal, so I assumed ret strikes do too.

15+ Year Old Account

??? my pala is prot, and the prot strike does proc the seal, so I assumed ret strikes do too.
    nope..

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    nope..
    you should QQ about that

Vengeance or Corruption stacks are only applied by auto attacks and Hammer of the Righteous

15+ Year Old Account

you should QQ about that
    nope again

GUYS RET IS OP... even though on high end dps parses were like 2nd lowest and have next to 0 survivability in high end arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    A quick implementation of the armor --> Attack power talent like our other plate dps'ing compadres would be an immense step in the right direction. I'm tired of stacking nothing but Str and still having less ap by a LONG shot than warrior and death knight counter-parts.

You don't NEED to have the exact same stats as other plate-wearing classes. That's a part of the game! Retribution is balanced WITHOUT having that talent.
    Yes, a talent like that would push you to take plate-items over leather-items...
    But guess what. Those plate-items might instead of ArP or haste on them, and you end up losing stats instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Resilience? What about Spellpower when it only affected Consecration and FoL?
    You obviously haven't been playing a paladin very long.

Judgement used to only be effected by spell power.
    Vengeance and righteousness used to only get boosts from spell power.
    Seal of Command used to be weapon damage +25% spell power in vanilla, then later moved to around 70% weapon damage and 35% spell power
    Crusader Strike used to have 40% of your spellpower added as damage.

Why do you think paladins in full tier 2 would outdps paladins in full marshal gear even though judgement had around 50-60% of the strength and almost no crit? Spellpower.

In fact back in vanilla a 31/0/20 or 33/0/18 build using T2 or T2.5 and later the revised Marshal gear, outdps'd a full ret build because of the massive benefits of spellpower.
    That's the reason many paladins played as shockadins in early TBC.

None of the spells I listed above even got attack power coefficients until 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Cham

You don't NEED to have the exact same stats as other plate-wearing classes. That's a part of the game! Retribution is balanced WITHOUT having that talent.
    Yes, a talent like that would push you to take plate-items over leather-items...
    last i checked death knights as usual destroy everyone on single targets, and warriors aren't far behind. Rets are a bit more middle of the road from the parses I've looked at.

And you're assuming gear will be itemized a certain way. All of it >:/

Nah we dont need an armor to ap conversion like our counterparts but a talent akin to the mage molten armor glyph would be pro.

5% of your armor is converted to critical strike rating /win.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    Nah we dont need an armor to ap conversion like our counterparts but a talent akin to the mage molten armor glyph would be pro.

5% of your armor is converted to critical strike rating /win.
    Yeah that's just what rets need. 100% crit chance on judgement to make us even more faceroll.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bling
    You obviously haven't been playing a paladin very long.

Judgement used to only be effected by spell power.
    Vengeance and righteousness used to only get boosts from spell power.
    Seal of Command used to be weapon damage +25% spell power in vanilla, then later moved to around 70% weapon damage and 35% spell power
    Crusader Strike used to have 40% of your spellpower added as damage.

Why do you think paladins in full tier 2 would outdps paladins in full marshal gear even though judgement had around 50-60% of the strength and almost no crit? Spellpower.

In fact back in vanilla a 31/0/20 or 33/0/18 build using T2 or T2.5 and later the revised Marshal gear, outdps'd a full ret build because of the massive benefits of spellpower.
    That's the reason many paladins played as shockadins in early TBC.

None of the spells I listed above even got attack power coefficients until 3.0.
    Yes, because Resilience was added in Vanilla :

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    You would need a silly amount of haste to make a difference in ramp up time.
    elaborating:

rampup time with 3.6 second weapon swing: 3.6*4 = 14.4 seconds (not including haste from talents). to buff that to 10 seconds, we need to cut of 4.4 seconds. that means we need to attack every 2 seconds. almost 50% haste. (don't flame me for this if it is wrong). you can't get that in current gear, i think.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    elaborating:

rampup time with 3.6 second weapon swing: 3.6*4 = 14.4 seconds (not including haste from talents). to buff that to 10 seconds, we need to cut of 4.4 seconds. that means we need to attack every 2 seconds. almost 50% haste. (don't flame me for this if it is wrong). you can't get that in current gear, i think.
    You need 1,750 haste to cut off a 1/2 second off the swing timer, or 15,400 haste to reduce it by 4.4 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cham

But guess what. Those plate-items might instead of ArP or haste on them, and you end up losing stats instead...
    Well have less AP than DKs and Warriors, yes, but we also have what they don't: Spell Power.

We gain more from specific buffs than DKs or Warriors do in raid environments because of this.

If anything, it would be 720 Armor to 1/2/3 attack power and 1/2/3 spell power.

Why are people saying that ArP is going to be greater than haste in 3.3?

Yes, there will be more DS shots, which are effected by ArP... but..

Those DS procs come from Auto-attack, so haste also effects how often they will show up.. not by much, like the speed of Veng/Corupt. stacking, (or the new Libram..)

But also, the 4 set bonus increases Seal damage by 10%, and Seal damage is the main reason why haste is slightly higher than ArP right now... IMO, stat weights will stay pretty much the same come 3.3, making the 5/5 T10 set as it is (without ArP, and haste instead) probably close to the BiS.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arygos&cn=Sephkka