Disci. - arenas, a few 'stat vs stat' questions

Hello!

I've been playing a druid for quite some time now. I'm leveling a priest and will hit 80 in a few days. At this point, I'm going to farm some honor to buy s6 with in 3.3.

My questions: Why is every good priest going for haste now? I see Hydra and many others going from mace to haste dagger. He seems to have around 9% haste.

If I get the haste enchant on gloves, how is it calculated with PI and haste from talents/gear? And should I get those over the rocket?

That's it for now.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&cn=Jeffx

Re: Disci. - arenas, a few 'stat vs stat' questions

And how much mp5 while casting and while not casting does the mooncloth set give over the satin (which gives how much crit?)?

At some point, your spell power is high enough to heal very well, your res and stam are also good enough, and your intelect is just fine. At this point as any healer you want to be able to combat burst as your top priority. The faster you get your spells off the better you can combat burst. This holds true for things like PW:s and other instant casts becuase of global cooldown reduction. So since PW;S gives haste pluss you have haste, it makes a PW;S, pennace, heal combo all the more faster as the extra haste from the PW;S is not consumed by pennace. It also increases your burst potential. It has more to do with the amount of stats on the final sets of gear rather then haste all of a sudden becoming better. If you are going to use any of the lower sets of gear you might want to wate to get the haste pieces. In the last season I also had a haste weapon and everybody Laugh at me for it tell me how worthless haste was but I knew what I was doing :-P

Edit: Do not wear the crit set for healing, you will regret wasting the points on it.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Ok thanks man, sounds logical.

Few questions that remain:

Rocket vs haste gloves, which to pick?

How much haste to aim for? If I'd get more than lke 14 % (6% talent + PI) then haste during PI goes to waste? And it would go to waste even more with haste gloves enchant?

Why satin over mooncloth? Is 3v3s really that outlasting right now as a priest?

Jeffx

Personally I think rocket gloves suck. But if you like them put them on.

I would say do not aim for a certain haste. Insted aim for the spell power, stam ,and resilience standards, then what ever is left can be haste.

I did not say satin over mooncloth. I said do not wear the crit set, which is Satin. So do not wear Satin. The reason I said this is becuase you will go oom before you get a kill if you do not wear the mooncloth (spirit) set.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    I did not say satin over mooncloth. I said do not wear the crit set, which is Satin. So do not wear Satin. The reason I said this is becuase you will go oom before you get a kill if you do not wear the mooncloth (spirit) set.
    Ok, thanks for the help again, a few small questions remain, and I hope you still have some time!

Resilience capThe damage reduction from a critical strike is capped at 33%, which equates to 1414.5 resilience at level 80. However, there is currently no cap on critical strike chance reduction. - WoWWiki

Didn't this used to be like 25%? Resilience becomes less valuable at 1414.5 now?

And, if PI gives me 20% attack speed, will the haste from gloves be added (so 20% PLUS ~ 12% = ~32%)?

Once again, thanks!

Most priest get 1100-1200 resilience. Somthing like 1700-1800 stamina. 2700-2800 spellpower. Anywhere in between those numbers and you are good for your res, stam, spellpower.

I belive that the gloves, PI, and borrowed time all stack. So 20+25+12 so 57% haste from buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    Most priest get 1100-1200 resilience. Somthing like 1700-1800 stamina. 2700-2800 spellpower. Anywhere in between those numbers and you are good for your res, stam, spellpower.

I belive that the gloves, PI, and borrowed time all stack. So 20+25+12 so 57% haste from buffs.
    Thanks

You're going to need *some* crit if you want Divine Aegis to be effective so I recommend if you're not going to get any of the Satin main pieces then get some satin offpieces. I personally have around 200-250 crit rating which bumps me up to around 15.5% crit. I do, however, play with a feral druid who Innervates me so I rarely have mana issues, but I still think you need to throw in some Satin pieces to take full advantage of that proc. Just my two cents