What seal for FC hard?

Just curious to know what seal people have been using for H faction champs (25). With the heals going on there is time to build up stacks for corruption, or is it better to use SoComm for aoe? SoR?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: What seal for FC hard?

For hard mode? Use SoV for more focus damage and getting your target down quickly.
    For normal? Stick with SoC to do as much damage to everything possible (note this also depends on your makeup and what mobs you get to fight as well).

IMO don't use SoR at all.

I use SoR for 10 mans because we usually burn through the mobs in 30 seconds or so and any cc drops your dps time down quite a bit so you dont get big stacks of SoV.

25 man SoV the whole way both normal and heroic because all the hp on the mobs mean they are up for a good min or 2.

Never use SoC, because unless i am missing something it suffers from the -75% aoe buff all the mobs have so its fairly worthless. Divine storm and consecration get kicked down in my rotation on that fight as well.

Well, since your only job is to bop, hof and do damage SoV in hardmode and soc in normal since there low healthpools.

Yeah I have been using SoCorr for it, was just wondering if people have been using any other seal for aoe. Ty for imput

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Varius
    I use SoR for 10 mans because we usually burn through the mobs in 30 seconds or so and any cc drops your dps time down quite a bit so you dont get big stacks of SoV.

25 man SoV the whole way both normal and heroic because all the hp on the mobs mean they are up for a good min or 2.

Never use SoC, because unless i am missing something it suffers from the -75% aoe buff all the mobs have so its fairly worthless. Divine storm and consecration get kicked down in my rotation on that fight as well.
    It doesn't.

Only DS and Consecration are affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    It doesn't.

Only DS and Consecration are affected.
    Shit, SoC for 10 man here i come, breaking some cc there doesn't mean you've just gotten your warlocks instagibbed.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Varius
    Shit, SoC for 10 man here i come, breaking some cc there doesn't mean you've just gotten your warlocks instagibbed.
    If you are worried about breaking CC >>> stop using Consecration then.

If you are asked to keep something certain of other players, or to keep an NPC locked down, SoJ helps a lot. The effect last its full time rather than less as if it was a PVP battle (Forgot to test in hero last time I was there, but I THINK it did it there too, it also gets them to trinket)

But outside of that, if you are just focus killing, SoV would be best on hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    If you are asked to keep something certain of other players, or to keep an NPC locked down, SoJ helps a lot. The effect last its full time rather than less as if it was a PVP battle (Forgot to test in hero last time I was there, but I THINK it did it there too, it also gets them to trinket)

But outside of that, if you are just focus killing, SoV would be best on hard.
    SoJ is horrible to use due to stun DR, and half of the mobs are immune to stun anyhow. If you were asked to kite the Deathknight around, or example, just stick with SoV and keep HoR nearby.

SoJ is horrible to use due to stun DR, and half of the mobs are immune to stun anyhow. If you were asked to kite the Deathknight around, or example, just stick with SoV and keep HoR nearby.
    Not exactly. If you are trying to kill them (which you hopefulyl are not if your job is just to hold them off), then adding another stun taht has a fair pro is handy. True, the DR hurts it, but I cannot tell you how many times I have stopped big heals from the healers when that was my task (Granted as prot I had an extra boost from my AS). Also even hurting the other mobs a little makes the healers heal them, so trying to DPS them down a bunch would not kill them, but just holding them off makes heals go to them, causing the main target to die faster since they get less heals.
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.

15+ Year Old Account

Not exactly. If you are trying to kill them (which you hopefulyl are not if your job is just to hold them off), then adding another stun taht has a fair pro is handy. True, the DR hurts it, but I cannot tell you how many times I have stopped big heals from the healers when that was my task (Granted as prot I had an extra boost from my AS). Also even hurting the other mobs a little makes the healers heal them, so trying to DPS them down a bunch would not kill them, but just holding them off makes heals go to them, causing the main target to die faster since they get less heals.
    The point of DPSing while distracting the mobs IS to spread out the heals from the other mobs (i.e. try to make them heal another mob than themself).

If your raid group has your Paladins lolinterrupting casters, then blame your raid leader for not having a viable raid composition in the first place.

The point of DPSing while distracting the mobs IS to spread out the heals from the other mobs (i.e. try to make them heal another mob than themself).

If your raid group has your Paladins lolinterrupting casters, then blame your raid leader for not having a viable raid composition in the first place.
    I think you misunderstand me a bit.

First, my DPS as a tank is enough to make them stop healing and heal what I am hitting. They will heal 50 damage with a cast time heal, not kidding.

Seconed, I am not there to totally stop them or anything. But considering my DPS will not exactly DO much, I find it better going back and stopping what heals I can (Which prevents more healing than the DPS I had would have been helping).

15+ Year Old Account

I think you misunderstand me a bit.

First, my DPS as a tank is enough to make them stop healing and heal what I am hitting. They will heal 50 damage with a cast time heal, not kidding.

Seconed, I am not there to totally stop them or anything. But considering my DPS will not exactly DO much, I find it better going back and stopping what heals I can (Which prevents more healing than the DPS I had would have been helping).
    Ahh ok. Yes I agree on your first part, in that the mobs will heal their ally if they are below 100% HP.

On your second part, you are looking at it from a tank PoV, where the OP was looking at it from a DPS PoV. As a DPS, you should NOT be using SoJ to stop the heals, as it effectively cuts out all of your personal DPS used to down the said mob.

Ahh ok. Yes I agree on your first part, in that the mobs will heal their ally if they are below 100% HP.

On your second part, you are looking at it from a tank PoV, where the OP was looking at it from a DPS PoV. As a DPS, you should NOT be using SoJ to stop the heals, as it effectively cuts out all of your personal DPS used to down the said mob.
    I agree, I am only pseaking to say that if you are called away to a different than the main one. Last 5 I was in we had a DK DPSer pulling the Warrior off the group so he could not bladestorm by our target.

If you are trying to KILL what you are hitting, then you are correct, SoJ is useless, it would do nothing and would lower your DPSer.

I agree, I am only pseaking to say that if you are called away to a different than the main one. Last 5 I was in we had a DK DPSer pulling the Warrior off the group so he could not bladestorm by our target.

If you are trying to KILL what you are hitting, then you are correct, SoJ is useless, it would do nothing and would lower your DPSer.
    why on earth are you doing this fight as prot? you only need 1 tank, a frost DK to pull with HC so they all trinket.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderlord&n=Bro

Quote Originally Posted by JukeSkywalker
    why on earth are you doing this fight as prot? you only need 1 tank, a frost DK to pull with HC so they all trinket.
    I am prot, dual spec is also prot... so what should I be?

I use SoCor. judge, CS, Exo if one crit, cleanse, cleanse, cleanse, cleanse, cleanse, cleanse, judge, CS, cleanse, cleanse, cleanse, cleanse, cleanse, HoW, judge, cleanse, cleanse, cleanse, cleanse, cleanse.

and repeat as necessary.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

I am prot, dual spec is also prot... so what should I be?
    Dispelbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bada
    Dispelbot.
    Which I mostly am, considering all I'm mostly doing is using a skill to stop the target here and there, and the rest of the time letting normal swings go off while I cleanse and use Bubble for DS to make it easier on my healers.