Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Icecrown Citadel Raid Access Progression

i would like to know how the ptr hard modes are going...

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia
    Gating didnt help bad content, lets hope icecrown is a vast improvement to Totc/counterparts.
    So you have beat Togc 25?
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

10+ Year Old Account

Why do the people think the hardcore raiding guilds are so important to Blizzard?

Blizzard have made a strategic decision since Wotlk to deliberately pull a mooney at the hardcore raiding guilds like SK and Kungen's circus. It's been reset so that raids are back to the way they were in Vanilla with UBRS, Stratholme and Scholomance.

The guilds don't have a stranglehold on the game anymore like in EQ2 days

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    $50 says they will do this shit in Cataclysm too. If I hear anything about this system being used again (esp the limited tries I mean 5 attempts a boss wtf and only FIVE extra for Sindragosa AND The Lich King and not ten) I will never come back from my "break".
    Exactly man. This is just what I was thinking. If they do this for all of Cata then many raiders will give up for good. That's for sure. I've been on break after clearing Ulduar and did NOT want to come back for the trash that is ToC and I was planning to come back for ICC, but now I really don't know if I will. And to the person who keeps saying quit we don't want you here etc. You may not want us here, but Blizzard does. As someone else already said, Blizzard is a long way from the 11M players they once boasted about.

If they keep this going for Cata raids then I will simply buy Cata just to see the new world revamped and do levels 80-85 then I'll quit for good, as I"m sure many others will do because it'll be obvious raiding is nothing anymore.

This is just an insane idea. I can't believe any video game developers would want to STOP people from playing their game. Which is really what Blizzard is doing. I'll be surprised honestly if this change does come through for Icecrown. There's more whining over this than anything else I remember and Blizzard usually caters to the masses who cry so that just might be a good sign.

Deleted

Can we please stop with the Casual vs Hardcore? This system is good for none, quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror
    But the Megaman boss was always there. We could try him whenever we wanted, even if you had to go over the level again (and I did, over and over again, damn you Scissorman!!)

Not the case here, you can try the boss a small X time per week. It's forced upon you, it's not your choice.
    Cutman? Lawl.

Anyways, I get your point, the problem is that the way WoW is structured with its lock-outs and just generally how raid times work, some players essentially get more "game overs" than other players. Since there's a solid amount of "competitive" WoW raiders, equalizing those "game overs" helps to make a more interesting and competitive playing field.

10+ Year Old Account

But the Megaman boss was always there. We could try him whenever we wanted, even if you had to go over the level again (and I did, over and over again, damn you Scissorman!!)

Not the case here, you can try the boss a small X time per week. It's forced upon you, it's not your choice.
    Well, all the bosses will eventually be there. It's not like they're gonna remove ICC when Cataclysm arrives.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac
    Well, all the bosses will eventually be there. It's not like they're gonna remove ICC when Cataclysm arrives.
    I'm not talking about gating.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator
    Cutman? Lawl.
    I had a crappy version on those crappy consoles with 80 games. Cutman (Scissorman on my version) was hardcore on it. :-[

10+ Year Old Account

Can we please stop with the Casual vs Hardcore? This system is good for none, quite the opposite.
    Exactly! The ones who like this change just seem to me they actually are jealous of the people who do spend hours upon hours on this game, otherwise why would you like it? I mean they need to realize this change is BAD for casuals AND hardcore players. There is no reason to like it unless for some reason you're jealous the guilds who play nonstop get to kill a boss way before you... Which makes you even worse than them in my book of life so to speak. =/

lol fail
    this whole "you can only do it xx times a week" is just bullshit.
    there'll be a way to exploit it again so the only losers in this whole thing is the beloved casual community of blizzard.
    gz.

on the one side they make it as casual as possible and then they make this pseudo-hard-shit cause they're running out of ideas to keep the players motivated for the next 9 month til cataclysm will run live.

to sum it up : fail
    Deal with it...

The number of people on this forum that think raiding 4 nights a week is bad fucking disgusts me. You are the guys who want everything to be spoon fed to you and not work for your "achievements".

IT IS A GAME. GAMES SHOULD BE PLAYED AT WHATEVER PACE THE PLAYER WANTS.

And if you don't like spending a lot of time trying to kill THE LICH KING then go get the "All the Squirrels I've Loved Before" achievement or some other shit, stay out of the real game part of this mmorpg.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

10+ Year Old Account

Why is there this assumption that "Casuals" are "jealous" of hardcore raiding guilds members? Do you think hardcore raiding guilds are in some cyber-athletes? A select few will have very quick reaction speeds, but the majority are just people spending more time at the game.

I've done 3/5 in togc. More damage at you, more healing required, more tank hp required. In short, better gear is needed to the do the hardmodes.

The achievements that take a degree of coordinated team play (the ones Blizzard are now removing) are things like undying/25 man equivalent, under 9 players, speed kills perhaps, 3 drakes, astral walker and the rest.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dogpie
    The number of people on this forum that think raiding 4 nights a week is bad fucking disgusts me. You are the guys who want everything to be spoon fed to you and not work for your "achievements".

IT IS A GAME. GAMES SHOULD BE PLAYED AT WHATEVER PACE THE PLAYER WANTS.

And if you don't like spending a lot of time trying to kill THE LICH KING then go get the "All the Squirrels I've Loved Before" achievement or some other shit, stay out of the real game part of this mmorpg.
    That's a contradiction. You're saying play at whatever pace you want, except some of the achievements (most with titles) are only available to people who play it obsessively or religiously?

How about breaking the mould set by EQ2 for MMOs and make the game relate to skill, not some crap based on how patient you can be with wiping, run, repeating. That's not skill that's stripping wallpaper with a wooden spoon. Achievements shouldn't be based on how many people you need to do it

Quote Originally Posted by TurdChef
    That's a contradiction. You're saying play at whatever pace you want, except some of the achievements (most with titles) are only available to people who play it obsessively or religiously?

How about breaking the mould set by EQ2 for MMOs and make the game relate to skill, not some crap based on how patient you can be with wiping, run, repeating. That's not skill that's stripping wallpaper with a wooden spoon. Achievements shouldn't be based on how many people you need to do it
    Not all, but some should.
    That's the whole point of achievements, so you can say "Hey, check out what I / we did." I 100% agree with him. Go get the fucking keymaster achievement or some shit and don't try to bring down the guilds you somehow feel threatened by to your level just because they dedicate more time than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

The whole 'This means you can get a real life lolololollol' is such a fallacious belief and here is why.

I am part of a 10 man guild, I would say the best on the server but hey not much competition, we cleared TotGC in 5 hours and recently got dedicated insanity. I have never been inside heroic gc but the rest I have cleared. This is my weekly schedule

Wednesday - pug 10 extras and do 25 man normals then go 10m GC
    Thursday - go 10 man normal with alts.
    Saturday-Tuesday - Real life

So I clear all the content in two days and I'm as hardcore as my guild can get. Now if icecrown was released without gates here is how my week would go

Wednesday - Icecrown half clear
    Thursday - Full cleared, clear totGC

with the gated system we have

Wednesday - Icecrown half clear
    Thursday - Ice...awww shit, farm totGC some more.

You see this system does not gain us any 'extra' real life days where I can 'get a job, go for a drink' etc. I already have 5/7ths of the week for real life.

So please will you stop saying that, it is a jealous remark aimed at people who actually enjoy clearing content quickly.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Deleted

I hate this system
    We will probaly one shot the normal modes and then be waiting around for hardmodes for ages.
    Also only 5 attempts on first hardmode boss. So the raiding I look forward to I have to use 5 attempts on the hardmode bosses that matter
    I mean this is the thing hardcore raiders look forward to, spending a couple of hours a raid putting in time and effort to killing a boss. Now its just turn up, fail on the 5 attempts go home.
    It just seems like a bad way to try and make bosses seem harder then they really are.
    Really disapointed of the final patch, was totally looking forward to it

Works great for my guild personally. We only get 10-12 hours in a week for our 25 man content at best and these changes level the playing field between guilds. Now everyone plays with essentially the same time to complete things and some guild that spends some ridiculous time per week cannot sit there and claim top spot on the server just because they spends 3 times as much time on the game as we do. I could care less about the opinion of people in the life sucking "hardcore" (ROFL) guilds out there. Blizzard knows what they are doing in that this will artificially stretch content and keep alot of people from dropping the game between ICC and Cataclysm. Well that and I just find it hilarious to see the "hardcore" people whine

Quote Originally Posted by Igneusnex
    Works great for my guild personally. We only get 10-12 hours in a week for our 25 man content at best and these changes level the playing field between guilds. Now everyone plays with essentially the same time to complete things and some guild that spends some ridiculous time per week cannot sit there and claim top spot on the server just because they spends 3 times as much time on the game as we do. I could care less about the opinion of people in the life sucking "hardcore" (ROFL) guilds out there. Blizzard knows what they are doing in that this will artificially stretch content and keep alot of people from dropping the game between ICC and Cataclysm. Well that and I just find it hilarious to see the "hardcore" people whine
    your attitude is what is killing this game, punishing those that choose to raid more often is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Igneusnex
    So, you're a communist?

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.