Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Icecrown Citadel Raid Access Progression

Good idea imo. It's a slap in the face for the 'hardcore' guilds and gives everyone else a chance to compeat and play at a more gradual pace rather than 'we're gonna stay up for 48 hours and kill everything'. Also glad there is no 'insanity' type of aachivement becuase they were just more stressful than needs be and not enjoyable.

Limited tries = Sitting around waiting for cooldowns, rolling your thumbs, cursing the last wipe that was due to someone disconnecting or the server lagging.

Not a huge fan.
    eoy - manaflask

15+ Year Old Account

Progress beyond that point will be prevented for several weeks.
    Several weeks is extremely gay. The weekly gate openings are a decent system but 2+ weeks between gates of 3-4 bosses seems like a way to stretch out content length going towards the expansion rather than to add an "epic feel" to the dungeon.

I do however greatly like the limited number of attempts thing rather than 50 in ToGC.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Icecrown Citadel Raid Access Progression
    Originally Posted by Slorkuz (Blue Tracker)

The Ashen Verdict provides reinforcements and material for players to assault Icecrown Citadel, but this support is not endless. Raids will have a limited number of attempts total each week to defeat the four most difficult encounters in Icecrown Citadel: Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana'thel, Sindragosa, and the Lich King. As these boss encounters are unlocked, the number of attempts available per week will increase. The initial number of attempts provided for defeating Professor Putricide is only five. When Blood-Queen Lana'thel unlocks, the amount of total attempts remaining will increase to 10. Then when Sindragosa and the Lich King unlock, 15 total attempts will be available to defeat all four bosses. After a raid has exhausted their attempts for the week, the Ashen Verdict must withdraw their support and the four most difficult bosses all despawn and become unavailable for the week. The limited attempt system is a feature of both Normal and Heroic difficulty.
    hahahaha. Oh man. I don't even know what to say. Especially considering this encompasses both normal and Heroic. Weak Blizzard.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

So... ummm.... A month or two till the first boss on heroic difficulty?

GG Blizzard. Seriously. :-X

A triple whammy! Delays, gates and attempt limits.

Sounds quite awesome and interesting. But I get the feeling they are doing it so that Icecrown Citadel lasts longer and does not get cleared the first week. It will keep the players entertained longer until cataclysm comes.

Cool i say just release 3.3 right now and add the whole raid thing a few weeks later ;D must have cross server lfg /drool

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fabolous1
    Keys/Attunements are so much better...
    Well, the objective is to cockblock the hardcore raiding guilds, not everyone else.

Artificial content lengthening ftw. Why am I not surprised?

Good job Blizzard on screwing up the real final instance of this game...

so we will have to wait not only til patch launch but an additional 1-2 MONTHS before seeing lich king even on normal mode? that's just ridiculous, how are any non-hardcore guilds ever even going to get far enough to experience his hardmode?

Enjoy wasting your monthly subscription fees because artificial time limits have been imposed.

Now i'm glad i don't play anymore.

HaHaHaHa, you're all addicted and your being forced into wasting your money.

I feel sorry for those that can't stop playing :-*

Good idea on Blizzard's part.

Makes sense. No hard modes until completion will keep people from trying to jump straight into the "phr33 g34r".
    I like the access tier system almost as much as being to upgrade my tier instead of replacing it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rendon
    We have to farm each section for weeks without even trying hardmodes before moving on to the next? I think QQ is perfectly reasonable here, especially if they make it like ToC where learning a new boss on easymode takes 1-3 tries.
    Yeah pretty depressing when most decent guilds 1 shot most of the 25 man bosses on regular mode as they were released. 2 months before any real challenge is presented? Sounds exciting :

10+ Year Old Account

Good idea.

Will get to learn the encounters inside out (from actually playing rather than going to www.leachourtacticsanddontthinkforyourself.com) before attempting Heroic versions.

:-*

Think this might be an attempt to draw out content for the higher end raiders? Gotta keep people occupied 'til Cataclysm.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by eoy
    Limited tries = Sitting around waiting for cooldowns, rolling your thumbs, cursing the last wipe that was due to someone disconnecting or the server lagging.

Not a huge fan.
    Alot of those cooldowns have been reduced in timers. I doubt you will be waiting around " THAT " long for another try.

Sounds like it should be interesting. ;D

This is excellent. Expect massive QQ from Ensidia and...well, I guess Ensidia (read Kungen) are going to be the only ones bitching about this. Too freaking bad. This leashing system for progression is excellent, I really have gotten tired of the top guilds blasting through the content after extensive PTR testing, then whining about how it was too easy, or they bash their heads against it and either find a bug to win or bitch that it's overtuned until it's nerfed, blah blah blah. The restricted attempts is great, which means top guilds with great coordiation will have a challenge but it won't be overly difficult, and casual guilds will have to wait a long time before they get the support (aka raid buff) that they need to finish it themselves. The requirement of beating the whole thing on regular before even attempting heroic is also a good way to go as it keeps the progression linear.

@ Kalx: You think it's not comforting that people can't trample through it in one week? That's rather silly.

@Abb: Nope they may not like it, but they really don't have a choice now do they? *grin* Besides, most of the bosses are already being tested by the top guilds in the PTR, so they're going to have strategies already in place, I don't think the 5 attempts is going to slow them down very much. Either that or it means they're going to have to crack down on their weaker/slower/dumber raid member even more, which is a win regardless.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned